Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.
View Poll Results: Which group is worst at driving?
Very Elderly Drivers (Age 75+)
58.44%
Very Young Drivers (Age 16-17)
41.56%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Which group is worse overall?

Old 01-23-2007 | 04:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Jan 23 2007, 07:29 PM
No, youre the not so sharp one. She could have killed him. The odds of ANYTHING happening to someone in the car (in a car/bike crash) are astronomical. His life almost ended that day. You tell me how you feel when you almost die because of someone's stupidity.
Old 01-23-2007 | 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on T.V. i see young people getting into accidents all the time but I've seen far worse with elderly people.

like the one where the old man crashed into a supermarket killing 9 people because he couldn't find the brakes.

I've seen an elderly man making a left turn and hit a curb popping his front right tire but didn't notice and continued driving with a flat.
Old 01-23-2007 | 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Jan 17 2007, 10:33 PM
Ive been in many situations where an elderly driver CAUSED accidents (blitzed through a stop sign, the other car swerved, and hit another motorist)....Now, take that accident, and evaluate what happened...

The elderly person, was not IN the accident, so nothing goes on record about him, or his driving group. The guy who swerved ( an 18 year old) smacking into another 20 year old....neither of them are at fault, and now, both of them add to their age group statistic, as well as a record. IMHO, and not to sound like a dick, just like people under 18 are unfit to drive a vehicle, neither are people over a certain age. I think once someone gets past 50, they need to take yearly exams on sight, reaction times, etc etc etc. My grandfather does things in his car that scare me to death sometimes. He is a danger to himself, and others around him, but he has 0 accidents, and not a single ticket.
Old 01-23-2007 | 07:39 PM

Old Drivers = Slow Fender Benders
Young Drivers = Cocky High Speed Fatalities

Hmm let me think. Should we bring back the 16 yr old girl who ran her daddies porsche into the toll booth again?
Old 01-23-2007 | 08:07 PM

^how bout the old lady that ran her car through the front door of walgreens? She said she meant to hit the brakes but accidentaly hit the gas...
Old 01-23-2007 | 09:22 PM

i agree... that older drivers cause other people to get into accidents, while they just keep driving, not paying attention to the wreck they just caused. young drivers cause the wrecks...

I think it would be an interesting study to find out which age group, which race, and sex causes the most accidents, not paying attention to the road, ignoring signs... etc....

i can tel you i have my own beliefs that a certain type of sex/race/age tend to piss me off the most...
Old 01-24-2007 | 05:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC,Jan 23 2007, 07:29 PM
You tell me how you feel when you almost die because of someone's stupidity.
LOL

that's why it's called an accident....no one goes out looking to crash into people.

shit happens.....

what if that shattered glass got in one of the kids eyes?

if you're not a parent, you won't understand.

thanks for coming out.

Old 01-24-2007 | 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by PLYRS 3,Jan 24 2007, 06:28 AM
what if that shattered glass got in one of the kids eyes?

if you're not a parent, you won't understand.

thanks for coming out.

You need to reread his post again. She made a right turn ON A RED LIGHT.

She should have looked both ways before making that right turn or she should of just waited for her light to turn green then the accident would of been avoided.

If the shattered glass did get into the kid's eye, it would have been her own fault. If you still don't understand then maybe the op should draw a picture of the situation.
Old 01-24-2007 | 10:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by cruisinhondas2k,Jan 24 2007, 10:53 AM
If the shattered glass did get into the kid's eye, it would have been her own fault.
LOL

that makes the kid a victim too.....you wanna punish an innocent child for the mistakes of the parents?

man, talk about being obtuse.....

Old 01-24-2007 | 11:21 AM

IMHO old people have their own brand of stupid. Young drivers are not the only ones to to speed wildly and act invincable even though we typically saddle them with that style of driving. I have seen that out of people well into their 40s and 50s. Old people on the other hand stop in the middle of traffic, drive way too slow, cross lanes, randomly drive off the road for no good reason while going 10 mph under the speed limit. It just makes them easy to pick out....

I have been in several accidnets (none my fault, I have been rear ended 5 times in my 10 years driving). In those 5 rear end collisions, 4 out of the 5 were 19 and under. The 5th and most recent was a 35 yo male.

Now if you ask me which group is most likely to make ME run into THEM it would be old people but fortunately due to being aware of my surroundings and decent reflexes I have been able to avoid all of these so far.

Quick Reply: Which group is worse overall?