Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.
View Poll Results: Which group is worst at driving?
Very Elderly Drivers (Age 75+)
58.44%
Very Young Drivers (Age 16-17)
41.56%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Which group is worse overall?

Old 01-21-2007 | 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A decent driver will always be aware not only yourself, but others as well.
Old 01-23-2007 | 12:45 PM
15 Year Member

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

Elderly=bad
young=piss me off.
Old 01-23-2007 | 01:01 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Impulse147,Jan 20 2007, 07:22 AM
which caused the back of the bike to slam Into her rear window shattering glass all over her kids,
and you were worried about your stupid bike?

you're an idiot...no offense.
Old 01-23-2007 | 01:23 PM

Soccer Moms are pretty bad too.

I despise those drivers who insist on still driving in the fast lane, when they have cars flying by them.
Old 01-23-2007 | 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by clawhammer,Jan 20 2007, 08:05 AM
Just this morning I almost got into an accident because an old lady pulled out in front of me when I was going 50 mph. I looked and there was nobody beside me so I was able to swerve in the other lane...
Same here. I was going about 55-60, and old lady pulled in front of me just so she could get into the lane with fewer vehicles. I came about 2 ft from hitting her, and she had no damn clue.

It would have been her fault, but avoiding accidents are the best way to go.
Old 01-23-2007 | 01:42 PM

I Got pissed at her for a few reasons, 1. I work 60+hours a week to afford things like my bike,s2k,my house and than some idiot comes along a destroys It because they can't make time to slow down In traffic. 2. I was yelling at her about how irresponsible she was for pulling that kinda shit with kids In the car, and 3. I could've been killed...very few people walk away almost unscathed like I did.
Old 01-23-2007 | 02:38 PM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Received 1,293 Likes on 998 Posts

Back in the late 80s I was in the gym in Pasadena and my car, a 79 BMW 320i, was parked down the street. This old, old guy, driving a beat up old Ford, trying to park in front of me with no car in front of him, backed into the side of my car twice -- just creamed it. His son came running out of his office right where his car was parked -- and he was old. I told the cop who took the police report "This guy shouldn't be driving. He's going to kill somebody." The cop just shrugged his shoulders. I go back into the gym, finish my workout, shower, and go back to my car. The old guy had backed into it again, knocking it up on the curb. I tell his insurance adjuster at my body shop what I told the cop and he also just shrugged his shoulders. About a month later I see the old guy walking across the street, very near where he backed into my car, stooped over, his torso at a 90
Old 01-23-2007 | 02:48 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=The Raptor,Jan 23 2007, 06:38 PM] Back in the late 80s I was in the gym in Pasadena and my car, a 79 BMW 320i, was parked down the street. This old, old guy, driving a beat up old Ford, trying to park in front of me with no car in front of him, backed into the side of my car twice -- just creamed it. His son came running out of his office right where his car was parked -- and he was old. I told the cop who took the police report "This guy shouldn't be driving. He's going to kill somebody." The cop just shrugged his shoulders. I go back into the gym, finish my workout, shower, and go back to my car. The old guy had backed into it again, knocking it up on the curb. I tell his insurance adjuster at my body shop what I told the cop and he also just shrugged his shoulders. About a month later I see the old guy walking across the street, very near where he backed into my car, stooped over, his torso at a 90
Old 01-23-2007 | 03:29 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PLYRS 3,Jan 23 2007, 05:01 PM
and you were worried about your stupid bike?

you're an idiot...no offense.
No, youre the not so sharp one. She could have killed him. The odds of ANYTHING happening to someone in the car (in a car/bike crash) are astronomical. His life almost ended that day. You tell me how you feel when you almost die because of someone's stupidity.
Old 01-23-2007 | 04:11 PM
15 Year Member

Received 247 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Impulse147,Jan 23 2007, 05:42 PM
I Got pissed at her for a few reasons, 1. I work 60+hours a week to afford things like my bike,s2k,my house and than some idiot comes along a destroys It because they can't make time to slow down In traffic. 2. I was yelling at her about how irresponsible she was for pulling that kinda shit with kids In the car, and 3. I could've been killed...very few people walk away almost unscathed like I did.
All of which are risks you assume when you choose to ride a motorcycle or drive any other vehicle on public roadways in traffic. I assume you both are insured. No reason to go off on the woman.

21 with 4 accidents under your belt? Not extreme but probably above average.

By the way, none of this has anything to do with the thread which is about dangerous young or elderly drivers... unless you were using yourself as an example

I'd imagine that the woman is at the height of her driving skills up till this point however suspect they may be.

Quick Reply: Which group is worse overall?