Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

got out of a stop sign ticket tonight. :woot:

Old 03-08-2007 | 06:59 AM

I only got out of one ticket in my life and I think the cop was feeling sorry for me because my engine was blown when he finally stopped me
Old 03-08-2007 | 07:00 AM

I've been pretty lucky.

I got pulled over once because I had a tail light out.. I also didn't have my license, my registration was expired, I didn't have my insurance card, and there was an open bottle of alcohol in the car (no, I wasn't drinking ) Some how I got out of a ticket completely.. not even a warning. All I had to do was bring a copy of my insurance card to the police station the next day.

I was pulled over once for not waring a seatbelt (stop check getting onto a highway) for which I received a $25 ticket.. but I got out of the ticket for no front plate. The front bumper was damaged on the car for about a year.. I told the officer I was just in an accident, front plate was damaged, and I was waiting for a replacement

I know there have been others.. I've been pulled over no less than 10 times but I think I've only gotten 3 tickets
Old 03-08-2007 | 07:03 AM

I'm sorry officer. I.. Didn't know I couldn't do that.
Old 03-08-2007 | 07:18 AM

my friend is a police officer so ive gotten out of a few

and my girlfriends sister is a detective for the state police here so she can pull a few strings
Old 03-08-2007 | 07:46 AM

i think im the lucky so far.
when i was 18 i drove my car around a corner really fast but i crashed and hit a pole. the cops gave me a ticket for speeding, wreckless driving, no insurance, no tags, no registration and other stuff i cant remember.
anyway i went to court scared asshell because a week before that i saw that tv show with judge judy rip a new one to some unlucky bastard, so i go to the judge blah blah blah. in the end he gave me a PJC (something like that) and mandatory 6hrs of traffic shool.

then when i moved to boston a cop stoped me because my NC license plate could not be in the rear window and that i should change my drivers license to a massachusets one.
i told the cop that i was leaving to the air force i 2 weeks so he let me go.
Old 03-08-2007 | 08:50 AM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

I got stopped going 95 at 4:45 AM going to the gym last month. The cop said "I never let anyone going 95 off with a warning." Then he saw my Air Force field jacket and asked "Were you in the Air Force?" I said "yes" and that was it. Skated.
Old 03-08-2007 | 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by VTEC_Junkie,Mar 8 2007, 02:48 AM
i get ticketed about half the time i get pulled over. i guess i look innocent as well, and so the cops are more lenient on me. i remember one time i was driving down to santa barbara, and i was driving 90+mph on a 55 zone. the cop pulled me over and asked if i knew how fast i was going. without thinking, i just told the truth and said 91mph. the cop took my liscense and registration, and a couple minutes later he returned and told me that he was gonna just give me warning cuz i was so honest.
the cop can also use that in court cause you admitted guilt ...

i guess the cop was on a good day

the best way to get out of ticket ... don't get into one (i.e. don't break the law)
Old 03-08-2007 | 12:21 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by stockae92,Mar 8 2007, 03:47 PM
the best way to get out of ticket ... don't get into one (i.e. don't break the law)
What fun is that?
Old 03-08-2007 | 12:34 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Scot,Mar 7 2007, 04:50 PM
I am just an innocent looking cracker, so I get out of most tickets for some reason.
(it may be the blow job i gave the guy).....

the car in front of me went, i didn't even slow down for some reason.... he asked "do you know why"... so i told him i blew off the stop sign...... i think they like when you are honest with them.... i quickly put my window down so he wouldn't focus on my illegal tint... doh.

you guys get out of tickets?
Me too. I get out of 75% of my tix. Something about my Camaro. Cops are intimidated by my Camaro.
Old 03-08-2007 | 12:46 PM
Member (Premium)

Once got out of a ticket for doing 100+.

I just got my car back from a dealer after having a turbo replaced and wanted to test it out. It was about 11:30 on a Tuesday or something with very little traffic out. I was coming out of the Uptown area in Minneapolis and there is a really long entrance from that area on to 94 east. I was doing 100 and something and laid off the gas. Suddenly I see a car coming up on me FAST from a ways back. I hit the brakes and a patrolman sails past me because he can not slow fast enough and I am right at an exit ramp so I bail.

The highway is about to go over an overpass an the patrolman slows enough to go down about a 20 ft grass embankment because he missed to exit and I thought, "I am hosed".

Cop follows for about a mile to observe behavior then pulls me over. Pulls me out of the car and starts to have me follow the pen. "Officer, I have not had a drop." "Shut up and follow the pen" Anywho he says "Do you know why I pulled you over?" "Yeah, I was going REALLY fast."

He asks why. Off the top of my head I make up a BS story. I was proceeding through the ten or so stoplights to get out of uptown and there was a tinted homie mobile with sound blasting giving me a hard time at each light. I finally give them the finger and they jump out of the car. My light turns green so I hit it, and when I saw him gaining on me I thought it was them so I kept going faster because I thought the three guys in the fictional car were going to try to beat the crap out of me. Great BS I thought.

He checked my clean record and let me go. His last words were "Don't let me ever see you again, and put on your seatbelt this time."

I think he felt sorry for the poor college kid.

Quick Reply: got out of a stop sign ticket tonight. :woot: