Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

getting my license suspended

Old 12-16-2011 | 09:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default getting my license suspended

?
Old 12-16-2011 | 09:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

be proactive. Take a defensive drivers course and show the magistrate/judge that you are trying to become a more responsible person. At the very least they may just limit your driving as opposed to revoking your privileges completely.
Old 12-16-2011 | 10:02 AM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Received 1,293 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by ChefJ
be proactive. Take a defensive drivers course and show the magistrate/judge that you are trying to become a more responsible person. At the very least they may just limit your driving as opposed to revoking your privileges completely.
Tell the DMV or judge that you have changed your driving habitsand you need to drive for your employment/education.
Old 12-16-2011 | 10:18 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

Yep, got popped when I was 20 for 90 in a 55 and lost it for 6 months. Get an attorney.
Old 12-16-2011 | 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was in Denver traffic court just last week. The advice I can give you is to say exactly what you just said. Make sure your insurance is up to date. The judge in our courtroom was very kind and understanding. He listened to each traffic offender and worked with them to keep their license. One guy ran a stop sign and was essentially broke. The judge made a little side deal with him to help him out with his fine. I was in the courtroom for about 40 minutes. Everybody got a deal.
Old 12-16-2011 | 11:59 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Very happy to see that you're taking responsibility for your actions, your earlier posts on the site were... ah... rough at best.

Some counties will enact a "conditional" suspension where you will be able to drive to "work" (in your case, school) but not around for fun. That might be an option for you. Keeps you able to go to class, but still a punishment in the court's eyes. If you get a hard-nosed judge, that might be the best you can hope for in the short term.
Old 12-16-2011 | 12:03 PM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here's a clip:

Availability of work restricted or conditional licenses.
Colorado issues a probationary license that allows suspended drivers to drive for limited purposes and at the DMV’s discretion. Restrictions on this license may include: driving only to or during the course of employment, education, health, or alcohol and drug treatment. The DMV typically grants this license to drivers with a moving violation suspension or a child support suspension. Drivers must pay all tickets before the DMV will issue a probationary license.
Old 12-16-2011 | 02:32 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks a ton everyone, ill be going back to the hearing on wednesday!
Old 12-16-2011 | 07:23 PM

no matter what, your lisence will get suspended. ive been their twice. i hired an attorney, got to keep my license but at the end of the year i got it suspended for 3 months, sucks... but learn my lesson!
Old 12-16-2011 | 07:55 PM

I used to have a mustang from the age of 16-18 running full bolt ons and a 125 shot of nitrous. We'd meet up just about every night in walmart parking lot and we had a nice "drag strip" about a mile away. I never got busted while actually drag racing though. I've seriously had prolly 30 traffic tickets. All the tickets were for petty stuff such as window tint, loud exhaust, 10 over, ecetra. They got me for a few wreakles driving tickets and one drag racing ticket. The drag racing ticket was as soon as we pulled out of school and this cop tried to claim I was drag racing but all I was doing is taking off at a light. It got dismissed. The wreakless driving ticket I ended up having to take the points because the cop tried to say my car smelt like pot and i refused to let him search it. He was right but always deny search. Cops in high school would seriously just pull me over and write a ticket because it was me even if I wasn't doing anything wrong. For instance I got one once for pausing to long at a red light. Sorry my parents taught me to look both ways before taking off. The reason they all knew who I was is because my car stood out and I always had huge partys on the weekends that got busted. I had a lawyer everytime I went to court and out of the 3 pages of traffic tickets. (30 or so) I only went to traffic court twice and took points on that one wreakless ticket.

When I was 18 I wreaked the mustang in the rain and brought an 2003 BMW 330i. The bmw just wasn't really my thing so I traded it in for my S2K. I got the S2K at 20 and no longer speed or get traffic tickets. In Feb my wreakless ticket will come off my 3 year record. Knock on wood I haven't had a ticket in almost 3 year.

AutoX has kept me saine on the streets and maybe I've grown up some.

For speeding I always had a shop write a statement saying "my speedo was off" or my lawyer would figure out some way to get me out of it. Cops are so bad in my home town I got 4 tickets in one month once on christmas break. No lie. I really dislike small town cops.

If I was your I'd hire a good lawyer, it will cost you but most likely will work out for you. If it was speeding and you havent pled guilty or any crap like that then maybe the good ol "speedo not reading right" trick could work.

Quick Reply: getting my license suspended