Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Front License plate required in TX?

Old 10-23-2001 | 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by peterpan
Hey guys, do you have to have the front license plate in the state
of TEXAS?
I hate it, and I want to get rid of it but then I don't want any tckets you know
Didn't have a front plate on a red CRX in central TX for 8 years. Finally got a ticket from a DPS trooper because of it. I put the plate on, got the ticket dismissed at one of the local courthouses for $10 within 10 days of the citation, and took it back off. (Just park up front so they can peer through the window at the cashier and see that it's on). I don't feel bad about it at all.

RT
Old 10-23-2001 | 02:01 PM

I know alot of you guys haven't been sited. But I've been pulled over many times before for very petty things. i.e. Going the speed limit.

I think the age that you are is going to play a small role and also ( as much as I hate to say it) race.

I know you guys probably think I'm rediculous, but it's pretty true. Young asian guy in a sports car=drug dealer or thug...
which they're usually right..
Old 10-23-2001 | 03:05 PM

There has been a bill in the Texas legislature for quite some time now to do away with the front plate in Texas. I don't know if it has passed yet, however. Hopefully, it will soon be passed. For the time being, I'm going plateless because it looks so much better; besides, I see lots of cars on the road running plateless.
Old 10-23-2001 | 04:41 PM

Originally posted by lvs2k
besides, I see lots of cars on the road running plateless.
I usually see plenty of plateless vehicles during the brief periods I get to stand on the side of the road while being cited for not having one.
Old 10-23-2001 | 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've NEVER had a front plate in ~18 years of TX driving. Got pulled over once around '85 for it and got off w/ a lame excuse, but then got a ticket for expired inspection. No probs since then!!!
Old 10-23-2001 | 07:45 PM

Have never had a plate on any of my cars. Got pulled over 2 times (not in the S2000). Both times got a ticket for it. I just chalk it down to luxury tax, no way im putting on a front plate... UGLY.

Dale
Old 10-23-2001 | 09:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've gotten a warning ticket once in my 6 months here, and I think that was only because it was July 4, I was coming out of a state park, and the cop had to show that he was diligent in pulling people over. Eh, so be it...
Old 10-24-2001 | 04:12 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lvs2k
[B]There has been a bill in the Texas legislature for quite some time now to do away with the front plate in Texas.
Old 10-24-2001 | 06:36 AM

In Indiana aren't required to have a front plate, but while I was in Chicago once I talked to another S2000 owner about the lack of front plate on his car and he told that he had been pulled over many times for it, and he would just tell the officer that he had the front bracket on order and he had the plate on the floor board of the passenger side to the cop could see it. He has yet to be cited for it, so that's a suggestion for not running a front plate, which in my opinion looks horrible.
Old 10-27-2001 | 01:54 AM

2 years, no front plate, several tickets but never a word about the missing front plate. Have grey hair and pot belly.

Paul

Quick Reply: Front License plate required in TX?