Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Follow traffic rulz???

Old 07-30-2001 | 04:48 PM

Default Follow traffic rulz???

I was out yesterday night at around 4am with my friends just driving. You would practicly see one car every 5 minutes and most of the time it was a cop. Sometimes when i was stopped at a light with another car. ALL of them came rolled up a couple feet from the white line. Looked to see if any cars where coming and ZOOM, just left. I though the first guy i saw doing this was just in a hurry or something. But every single time i was next to another car it would do the same thing. You never see ANYBODY doing this at daytime. My question is when its really late do any of you run lights after you make sure eveything is safe and no pigs are around. And would you!?!?
Old 07-30-2001 | 05:37 PM
Former Moderator

I make a right then a u turn, only when it's really late, no one around for miles, and I'm really tired.

PS. moving to OT.
Old 07-30-2001 | 05:58 PM

Only in my work truck, which has a big amber light on top. Look both ways, turn on beacon, gas it. Sometimes I will do it during the day when I'm inside one of my work zones and cross traffic has cleared, but only if I already have the beacon on.
Old 07-30-2001 | 06:45 PM
S2R

I only run the red, if it stays on red for a long period of time due to a malfunction.
Old 07-30-2001 | 07:11 PM

I usually follow the rules but it feels really dumb to sit at a red light, late at night when there is NO ONE around. Makes me feel like a sheep, blindly following the rules when good sense should tell me that if there is no one coming for miles in any direction there is no need to sit and look stupid.
Old 07-30-2001 | 08:05 PM

ZAP!!! YOU'RE ON CANDID CAMERA!!!
Old 07-30-2001 | 08:42 PM

I only break them when I'm tired or drunk or not paying attention
Old 07-31-2001 | 09:22 AM

Usually, late at night, the traffic signals change right away. Sometimes, if the light stays red for a really long time I'll just run it.
Old 07-31-2001 | 03:14 PM

Imagine waiting at the lights on a dark and deserted road ... The red light seems to be forever, then someone creeps up from behind and sticks a gun behind your head since you have the top down. Wouldn't it make you feel like the biggest idiot because you forgotten to look in the rear view mirrors? Damn, gas it when it's safe at night ... That's my philosophy generally.

Old 07-31-2001 | 04:33 PM
Member (Premium)

The lights in our area all have sensors on them and change quickly, no need to run the red. I do not think I would do it anyway, my luck a cop would be sitting in the area with his lights out waiting just for me.

Quick Reply: Follow traffic rulz???