Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

First Old Person to Yell at me

Old 06-24-2006 | 05:20 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kadeshpa,Jun 23 2006, 12:02 PM
I don't blindly give respect. I don't care how old, rich, poor, whatever you are, if you disrepect me, you'll get it right back ten-fold. My first interaction will be of respect, that quickly goes away once something is done to lose it. Hopefully you were taught to have enough self respect to stand up for yourself instead of being a doormat.

And yes, I really do that. I kept the language mild because the thread didn't warrant it. However when an old geezer with nothing better to do than curse and harrass simply because I'm walking my dog (leashed) in a park...well you're gonna get it.
Old 06-24-2006 | 05:22 PM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by Spec_Ops2087,Jun 24 2006, 07:31 AM
I ALWAYS have old people yelling at me when I go down my street. There seems to be a lot of them and since its a pretty quiet street, I guess they don't appreciate an invidia+TP s2k coming down the street . They always tell me to slow down and I just drive by like I didn't hear / care because I (usually) never go above 30 anyway due to kids being idiots and running into the street.

However, this one time (at band camp) some guy ran out into the middle of the street just wailing his arms all over the place completly freaking out at me. I just drove around him and never stoped as I didn't want a confrotation (I suck at spelling and spell check doesn't work). Anyway, I heard him say slow the **** down, so naturally I floor it all the way down the street just to piss him off and show him I wasn't going fast until he told me to slow down. Later he actually came to my house and started freaking out on me saying I have to slow down, I have kids, and "I have a vette and I whomp it in the right areas" -- all this being in a very nasty tone. I just come back saying I was going 25 till you freaked out on me, if your kids are stupid enough to play in the street maybe a car will teach them not to, and your automatic early 90s vette should be considered a boat and not a car. He just left and so far I havn't had a problem with him since.

You have to stand up for yourself sometimes and not just take crap from everyone.
Yeah man... annoying. My other car is a 1986 VW Jetta Diesel and man is that thing loud and I never get old people yelling at me. Even if I pass them doing like 35, they won't say a word, but since I'm driving a roadster and I'm going around them at like 22 mph, then they have to yell. Only because it looks fast is their only justification for them yelling, which is not a good one at that.

Andre
Old 06-24-2006 | 11:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

lotta ppl dont realize it but when you're on foot, 20 miles per hour looks pretty fast. coz its like the speed of someone running full speed at you... that and the car. i got an old man yelling at me back when i had a miata... i was goin like 15 mph... maybe it had something to do with old ppl being disoriented too... on that subject... maybe thats why they drive slow...
Old 06-26-2006 | 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was driving like 10mph in an underground car park, rounding a corner with my tires squealing due to the material used on the concrete floors...

Well, as I round this corner, an older lady walking with some kids, her dog and probably what I presumed was her son (father of the kids) right there in the middle of the passageway for cars, and TOTALLY freaks out thinking I was racing in the car park.

Starts yelling obscenities, calling me irresponsible and a freak, even though THEY were right there in the middle, and I was driving no faster then 10mph which is already a crawling speed and gives me ample time to apply brakes.

But no, probably because of the exhaust resonance inside the underground car park, and the squealing tires, she assumed I was speeding through the park...

She was obviously disoriented, stupid old hag.
Old 06-26-2006 | 03:38 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by S2020,Jun 22 2006, 07:14 PM
some old person yelled at me last month. First she honked, the she gunned her car to come around me and yelled "you're going too slow sonny!"
my top was down and I was just enjoying a nice leisurely cruise home from work.
she looks like she's 60
my face -->
You better not dawdle in front of my wife or me, we tend to yell at that too. I also yell at old farts and blue powderpuffs looking through the steering wheel...but I have to be careful, some of those old farts I'm yelling at are my age.
Old 06-26-2006 | 04:33 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a few bad run-ins with old people. This one old man in his 60's was cursing at me in Spanish, thinking I wouldn't understand. He was quite shocked when I replied in Spanish and cursed him out.

And about respect, I never respect people that don't respect me.
Old 06-26-2006 | 04:44 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

wow... this thread make me feel like a very normal person. Some of you guys are ****ing strange!
Old 06-26-2006 | 05:16 AM
Member (Premium)

Originally Posted by mav,Jun 26 2006, 04:33 AM
I had a few bad run-ins with old people. This one old man in his 60's was cursing at me in Spanish, thinking I wouldn't understand. He was quite shocked when I replied in Spanish and cursed him out.

And about respect, I never respect people that don't respect me.
Don't you just love the look on people's faces when you talk back to them in their own language. That happens to me a lot cause I'm Portuguese but I look nothing like it (everyone thinks I'm Italian), so sometimes people talk crap or are just talking about me and Portuguese and then I reply back to them and they instantly become speechless... lol. It's a great feeling.

Andre
Old 06-26-2006 | 05:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scot,Jun 26 2006, 07:44 AM
wow... this thread make me feel like a very normal person.
Come on Scot, let's not get crazy here.
Old 06-26-2006 | 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by C_Unit,Jun 22 2006, 10:17 AM
hah... i've had that same thing happen before. i think they just assume you're driving fast because of your car.

this one time i was behind a lady in her late 50s in a cabriolet and we both had our tops down. she was smoking and i was bumping my stereo... we both happen to pull into the same parking lot to grab coffee at the same place. she's about to walk into the coffee shop and she stops in her tracks, turns around and goes "you should turn your music down, you're polluting my air with that crap music." and i just said "you should stop smoking, you're polluting my air with that ciggerette." i think she forgot she was smoking and she looks down and tosses the ciggerette and just walks in. I was kind of embaressed though... i've never been disrespectful like that to someone older than me, but it just came out cause it was TRUE. geez.
This exact same thing happened to me... kinda.

I was at a red light with my music loud... that's how I like it... and there's the guy in a little Miata right next to me on my right hand side. He's smoking, and he's looking over at me saying something, I turn down my stereo and ask him what's up... he was like "You shouldn't turn that up so loud, not everyone wants to hear it." And I replied with "Well, you shouldn't smoke that in public, not everyone wants to smell it." He smirked and I turned my shit back up... louder. Light turned green and he sped off.

Douchebag.

Quick Reply: First Old Person to Yell at me