Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

First Old Person to Yell at me

Old 06-23-2006 | 08:15 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WarrenW,Jun 23 2006, 10:00 AM
"This one time at band camp..."

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Warren
I love that movie!
Old 06-23-2006 | 08:18 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Hey, those old people don't have much time left - they need to there in a hurry!
Old 06-23-2006 | 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vader1,Jun 22 2006, 03:18 PM
My last geezer run in was not while driving. I was walking my dog on a BEAUTIFUL sunny Sunday morning. Keep in mind, when I walk my dog, I pick up his turds 100% of the time.

As I walk past this townhome complex an old lady is out on her patio watching what I presume to be her grandkids. They are about 5 and seven years old. My dog weaves around in front of me sniffing everything and occasionally daring to leave the sidewalk by a foot and tread on the grass for a couple paces.

This lady starts yelling at me "GET YOUR DAMN DOG OFF THE TOWNHOME PROPERTY!" I stared slackjawed at this woman and said "Lady, don't you have any better sense than to start screaming at a total stranger in front of those kids on a lovely Sunday morning?"

She says "Your dog is gonna crap all over our grass!" So I produce a handful of plastic bags from my pocket and explain that I never let my dog go somewhere without cleaning it up. She then yells that he could take a dump and I might not even see him do it. I claimed that would be impossible. She then mumbled something under her breath and I said very calmly "Eat me" and walked away.

The two grandkids thought that was hilarious. I bet they thought grandma was a bit on the grouchy side too.
When I get those crotchety old hags, I just politely ask them.. Why don't you just die already. You're obviously pissed off at life.

Their reaction is priceless. I HATE busy bodies, just mind your own fuhcking business. If I do something that is against the rules then rail against me all you want, but none of that preemptive shit.
Old 06-23-2006 | 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by kadeshpa,Jun 23 2006, 08:58 AM
When I get those crotchety old hags, I just politely ask them.. Why don't you just die already. You're obviously pissed off at life.

Their reaction is priceless.
i really hope you don't ACTUALLY do that. that's really disrespectful. i don't know... maybe it's cause i'm filipina and i grew up being told to always respect your elders, no question. my white friends are always yelling and cussing at their parents. i can't even imagine doing that...my mom would open up a can of asian whoop ass on me.

even if i'm bitching and moaning in my own car when i get stuck behind some blue-hair in a buick that can barely see doing 15 in a 35, as soon as he/she steps outta that car i'll give them my utmost respect.
Old 06-23-2006 | 10:20 AM

Received 1,566 Likes on 1,437 Posts

Originally Posted by S2020,Jun 22 2006, 03:14 PM
some old person yelled at me last month. First she honked, the she gunned her car to come around me and yelled "you're going too slow sonny!"
my top was down and I was just enjoying a nice leisurely cruise home from work.
she looks like she's 60
my face -->
The old people in the Bay Area are really cool like that. Most of them would wave and ask me about the make and model of the car. . . then you'd get them talking about an MG, Alfa, or Porsche they had. . . good times.

If you're cranky, old, and live in the Bay Area, you sell your house and move to someplace where it's ok to yell at "those darn hoodlums."
Old 06-23-2006 | 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by C_Unit,Jun 23 2006, 01:11 PM
i really hope you don't ACTUALLY do that. that's really disrespectful. i don't know... maybe it's cause i'm filipina and i grew up being told to always respect your elders, no question. my white friends are always yelling and cussing at their parents. i can't even imagine doing that...my mom would open up a can of asian whoop ass on me.

even if i'm bitching and moaning in my own car when i get stuck behind some blue-hair in a buick that can barely see doing 15 in a 35, as soon as he/she steps outta that car i'll give them my utmost respect.
I don't blindly give respect. I don't care how old, rich, poor, whatever you are, if you disrepect me, you'll get it right back ten-fold. My first interaction will be of respect, that quickly goes away once something is done to lose it. Hopefully you were taught to have enough self respect to stand up for yourself instead of being a doormat.

And yes, I really do that. I kept the language mild because the thread didn't warrant it. However when an old geezer with nothing better to do than curse and harrass simply because I'm walking my dog (leashed) in a park...well you're gonna get it.
Old 06-23-2006 | 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by kadeshpa,Jun 23 2006, 12:02 PM
I don't blindly give respect. I don't care how old, rich, poor, whatever you are, if you disrepect me, you'll get it right back ten-fold. My first interaction will be of respect, that quickly goes away once something is done to lose it. Hopefully you were taught to have enough self respect to stand up for yourself instead of being a doormat.

And yes, I really do that. I kept the language mild because the thread didn't warrant it. However when an old geezer with nothing better to do than curse and harrass simply because I'm walking my dog (leashed) in a park...well you're gonna get it.
well i've never met an elderly person who was rude enough that i felt like i needed to be disrespectful and cuss at them.... and if someone is a bitch to you there's other ways to handle that situation than to cuss at them and tell them to drop dead. seriously... who does that?

wow you told an old lady to die. you're so HARDCORE/EXTREME, i bet you drink mountain dew & rock star energy drinks and jump off airplanes all the time.

i have plenty of self respect... and i'm definitely not a doormat.
Old 06-23-2006 | 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by C_Unit,Jun 23 2006, 04:06 PM
well i've never met an elderly person who was rude enough that i felt like i needed to be disrespectful and cuss at them.... and if someone is a bitch to you there's other ways to handle that situation than to cuss at them and tell them to drop dead. seriously... who does that?

wow you told an old lady to die. you're so HARDCORE/EXTREME, i bet you drink mountain dew & rock star energy drinks and jump off airplanes all the time.

i have plenty of self respect... and i'm definitely not a doormat.
You're a nitwit. I'm done with your whiney ass.

Go back to your Emo music and cry yourself to sleep tonight.
Old 06-23-2006 | 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by S2020,Jun 22 2006, 03:14 PM
some old person yelled at me last month. First she honked, the she gunned her car to come around me and yelled "you're going too slow sonny!"
my top was down and I was just enjoying a nice leisurely cruise home from work.
she looks like she's 60
my face -->
LMAO!

that's the best story evAr. I can only wish to be that badass when I'm old
Old 06-24-2006 | 07:31 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I ALWAYS have old people yelling at me when I go down my street. There seems to be a lot of them and since its a pretty quiet street, I guess they don't appreciate an invidia+TP s2k coming down the street . They always tell me to slow down and I just drive by like I didn't hear / care because I (usually) never go above 30 anyway due to kids being idiots and running into the street.

However, this one time (at band camp) some guy ran out into the middle of the street just wailing his arms all over the place completly freaking out at me. I just drove around him and never stoped as I didn't want a confrotation (I suck at spelling and spell check doesn't work). Anyway, I heard him say slow the **** down, so naturally I floor it all the way down the street just to piss him off and show him I wasn't going fast until he told me to slow down. Later he actually came to my house and started freaking out on me saying I have to slow down, I have kids, and "I have a vette and I whomp it in the right areas" -- all this being in a very nasty tone. I just come back saying I was going 25 till you freaked out on me, if your kids are stupid enough to play in the street maybe a car will teach them not to, and your automatic early 90s vette should be considered a boat and not a car. He just left and so far I havn't had a problem with him since.

You have to stand up for yourself sometimes and not just take crap from everyone.

Quick Reply: First Old Person to Yell at me