Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

First Old Person to Yell at me

Old 06-22-2006 | 12:46 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vader1,Jun 22 2006, 12:18 PM
My last geezer run in was not while driving. I was walking my dog on a BEAUTIFUL sunny Sunday morning. Keep in mind, when I walk my dog, I pick up his turds 100% of the time.

As I walk past this townhome complex an old lady is out on her patio watching what I presume to be her grandkids. They are about 5 and seven years old. My dog weaves around in front of me sniffing everything and occasionally daring to leave the sidewalk by a foot and tread on the grass for a couple paces.

This lady starts yelling at me "GET YOUR DAMN DOG OFF THE TOWNHOME PROPERTY!" I stared slackjawed at this woman and said "Lady, don't you have any better sense than to start screaming at a total stranger in front of those kids on a lovely Sunday morning?"

She says "Your dog is gonna crap all over our grass!" So I produce a handful of plastic bags from my pocket and explain that I never let my dog go somewhere without cleaning it up. She then yells that he could take a dump and I might not even see him do it. I claimed that would be impossible. She then mumbled something under her breath and I said very calmly "Eat me" and walked away.

The two grandkids thought that was hilarious. I bet they thought grandma was a bit on the grouchy side too.
Seriously... some of them are sweethearts but then there's the select few that just find the need to yell at everyone for everything... It's like... wow, hold on a sec here... lol.

Andre
Old 06-22-2006 | 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started just ignoring old people in general because they are going to die a loooong time before me, so I win. As far as the car goes, yes, it does sound fast even at low speeds. I've had tons of people yelling at me for going 25-30 in first or second gear. You'd think they'd actually look at how fast the car is going rather than the sound it makes...
Old 06-22-2006 | 01:24 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

If they yell at you, just point the car at them and gun it - that will shut them up, maybe permanently...
Old 06-22-2006 | 03:14 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 148 Likes on 115 Posts

some old person yelled at me last month. First she honked, the she gunned her car to come around me and yelled "you're going too slow sonny!"
my top was down and I was just enjoying a nice leisurely cruise home from work.
she looks like she's 60
my face -->
Old 06-22-2006 | 10:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had an old person run-in awhile ago, but it was a good one. i was pulling out of a parking space at jewel when i had an old lady, probably 65 or so walk in front of my car. she stared at my car for a second, in a visor and giant sunglasses, and in that old-person, hard-of-hearing loud voice said "NICE HONDA!"

i was a little caught off-guard (impressed she called it a honda), but i smiled and said thanks, then drove off. i had a friend from my hometown get in my car once, and said "these are really nice, my mom has one. it's a bmw right?"
Old 06-23-2006 | 04:27 AM
Former Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Unit,Jun 22 2006, 02:17 PM
hah... i've had that same thing happen before. i think they just assume you're driving fast because of your car.

this one time i was behind a lady in her late 50s in a cabriolet and we both had our tops down. she was smoking and i was bumping my stereo... we both happen to pull into the same parking lot to grab coffee at the same place. she's about to walk into the coffee shop and she stops in her tracks, turns around and goes "you should turn your music down, you're polluting my air with that crap music." and i just said "you should stop smoking, you're polluting my air with that ciggerette." i think she forgot she was smoking and she looks down and tosses the ciggerette and just walks in. I was kind of embaressed though... i've never been disrespectful like that to someone older than me, but it just came out cause it was TRUE. geez.
Yeah I hate it when I have to listen to someone elses music. Especially those that have too much bass emphasis. Eighties (old??) music was mostly crap anyway, too much MTV mainstream stuff made it bigger than it should have been. Smoking is another one, I wish ALL public places were smoke free.
Old 06-23-2006 | 05:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2020,Jun 22 2006, 07:14 PM
some old person yelled at me last month. First she honked, the she gunned her car to come around me and yelled "you're going too slow sonny!"
That lady RULES!
Old 06-23-2006 | 05:12 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by S2020,Jun 22 2006, 03:14 PM
my top was down and I was just enjoying a nice leisurely cruise home from work.
she looks like she's 60
my face -->
Damn... sounds like she's hardcore... lol.

Andre
Old 06-23-2006 | 07:21 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

A few years ago I was driving down I-65 in Alabama in a rented Sentra. I was in a fast moving pod of traffic with my speedo reading a flush 100mph and it was ALL I wanted to do in that car. I see a red Civic hatch coming up behind me pretty quickly and when it passes me going maybe 115mph I check out the driver. It's a dryed up little old lady that can hardly see over the steering wheel and looks to be at least 90 years old. I didn't know if I should laugh, or yell, Go Granny go!
Old 06-23-2006 | 08:00 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Unit,Jun 22 2006, 01:17 PM
this one time...
"This one time at band camp..."

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Warren

Quick Reply: First Old Person to Yell at me