Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

First Old Person to Yell at me

Old 06-22-2006 | 08:16 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default First Old Person to Yell at me

So I was driving home from work listening to some old 80's music and I was already in my town. I had absolutely no rush in the world... I was just enjoying the nice drive from the train station to home on the nice sunny day that it was... meaning I was driving slower than a slug could slither. Anyway... so I make a left onto a side street off a main road and there was this old guy (probably like 70 something) standing next to his truck (tree cutting truck) on the road side. As I'm approacing him (maybe at like 20 mph, considering I had just made the turn), he turns to me, raises his arm up in the air with a fist, violently shaking it back and forth saying... SLOW DOWN!!!! SLOW DOWN!!!!

I just kept on going obviously for I knew he was lacking in his senses of rate of proximity or something... lol.

You know... it was kind of like that Toyota commercial where the red celica is parked on the street and the old guy across the street starts yelling at it to slow down... something like that... lol. I found it funny.

Andre
Old 06-22-2006 | 10:13 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Yeah, some old lady yelled at me when I was driving through a neighborhood - 30 mph in 2nd. They get disoriented easily I guess.
Old 06-22-2006 | 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hah... i've had that same thing happen before. i think they just assume you're driving fast because of your car.

this one time i was behind a lady in her late 50s in a cabriolet and we both had our tops down. she was smoking and i was bumping my stereo... we both happen to pull into the same parking lot to grab coffee at the same place. she's about to walk into the coffee shop and she stops in her tracks, turns around and goes "you should turn your music down, you're polluting my air with that crap music." and i just said "you should stop smoking, you're polluting my air with that ciggerette." i think she forgot she was smoking and she looks down and tosses the ciggerette and just walks in. I was kind of embaressed though... i've never been disrespectful like that to someone older than me, but it just came out cause it was TRUE. geez.
Old 06-22-2006 | 10:34 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

C_Unit, I guess I must really be middle aged because I agree with both you and the lady.
Old 06-22-2006 | 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a traffic cop do that to me. I stopped, asked him what the problem was and he said I was driving too fast. My response was, I am only going as fast as the car directly in front of me and behind me (note it was 25mph, but i was in 2nd ). He said just drive carefully, children are around . I think it is the sound of the engine that throws people off sometimes, especially when you factor in the laziness to shift to a higher gear.
Old 06-22-2006 | 11:12 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We had a guy yell at us near the Dragon when 40 S2000's drove by his shanty at 90 mph.
Old 06-22-2006 | 11:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ImportSport,Jun 22 2006, 12:12 PM
We had a guy yell at us near the Dragon when 40 S2000's drove by his shanty at 90 mph.
lol
Old 06-22-2006 | 11:41 AM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ImportSport,Jun 22 2006, 02:12 PM

two way radios = passing on blind turns scaring the shit out of everyone!
Old 06-22-2006 | 11:48 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ImportSport,Jun 22 2006, 11:12 AM
40 S2K's passing someone at 90 mph... PRICELESS!!!!...

Andre
Old 06-22-2006 | 12:18 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

My last geezer run in was not while driving. I was walking my dog on a BEAUTIFUL sunny Sunday morning. Keep in mind, when I walk my dog, I pick up his turds 100% of the time.

As I walk past this townhome complex an old lady is out on her patio watching what I presume to be her grandkids. They are about 5 and seven years old. My dog weaves around in front of me sniffing everything and occasionally daring to leave the sidewalk by a foot and tread on the grass for a couple paces.

This lady starts yelling at me "GET YOUR DAMN DOG OFF THE TOWNHOME PROPERTY!" I stared slackjawed at this woman and said "Lady, don't you have any better sense than to start screaming at a total stranger in front of those kids on a lovely Sunday morning?"

She says "Your dog is gonna crap all over our grass!" So I produce a handful of plastic bags from my pocket and explain that I never let my dog go somewhere without cleaning it up. She then yells that he could take a dump and I might not even see him do it. I claimed that would be impossible. She then mumbled something under her breath and I said very calmly "Eat me" and walked away.

The two grandkids thought that was hilarious. I bet they thought grandma was a bit on the grouchy side too.

Quick Reply: First Old Person to Yell at me