Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Female equality

Old 01-09-2008, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Women are different from men. That does not mean that they are not equal to men. Equal does not mean identical. "

When speaking of physical attributes you are sort of correct. Not all men are identical in strength either, and there are cetainitly some women who are stronger than some men. In fact you might be incorrect on hysical attribute argument too, unless you mean vaginas vs penises, but I'm not giving you points on that observation.

However, when speaking of equal rights you are wrong. Equal rights is easy, just make every law and policy non-gender and race specific. (changing societies ideas of women and men is a whole other discussion and unfourtuantely there will always be sexism and racism as long as there is ignorance).

The issue I think "some" of these boys are upset about is that equal rights should also come with equal responsibility. EX: Women are not required to register for the miliary draft. But is is just a man's responsiblitly to protect the country? The "other" boys here are being ignorant.

just my $.02
Old 01-09-2008, 12:43 PM

Well, I don't live in a country that has draft laws, but other countries do, such as Israel, where both men and women are subject to compulsory military service. So you don't get an argument from me on this.

Zeiss
Old 01-09-2008, 12:57 PM

The day women in aggregate make make the same salary as men for the same tenure and job classification, I'll stop ridiculing the arrogant misogynists.

Do we really want to go back to the time that everyone who wasn't a propertied white man was property themselves? I win, you lose, get back to work you lazy bastages.

Now, if you choose to quit your job or go half time to have kids, I feel that you should be treated equally as a man who took time off for his own personal purposes.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:05 PM

When I started reading this thought of this from another thread.

http://www.nomarriage.com/

http://www.nomarriage.com/why_foreig...re_better.html
Old 01-09-2008, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by zeiss,Jan 9 2008, 06:47 AM
J inDA s2k wrote:

"females equal LOL"

My goodness. There are a lot of dickless wonders posting in this thread. Let me tell you something guys. Women are vastly overrepresented in the ranks of university students, and the gap between the academic achievement of women and men continues to grow, with women pulling farther and farther ahead. So, the chances are that many of you adolescents (I'm assuming from the level of this discussion that you are a bunch of kids with more testosterone than brains) are going to be working for women some day. You can console yourselves with the thought that you really are superior to them. I'm sure that fantasy will be a great comfort to you in the years to come.

Women are different from men. That does not mean that they are not equal to men. Equal does not mean identical.

Zeiss
The question wasn't are women smarter then men, so I dont see your point with the whole university statement. I've had several female managers while working at the IRS and actually prefer them to a man. I can go back to the office smile, flash my dimples, let them stare into my beautiful brown eyes and magically raise my annual review or make them forget about the 2 hour lunch I just took.
Old 01-09-2008, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by zeiss,Jan 9 2008, 06:51 AM
J inDA s2k wrote: "Did any women sign the declaration of independence?
/thread"

Brilliant reasoning, pal. Neither did any person of colour. So, according to your reasoning, because women were oppressed in the 18th century, they should be now. So, because people of colour were slaves in the 18th century, they should be slaves today? No Jews or Asians signed the Declaration of Independence either. Guess that proves that they are inferior too.

You know, the stupidity of some of the guys posting in the "women are inferior thread" isn't exactly making a great argument for male superiority.

Zeiss
It was a joke, now go grab me a beer women. Wait I dont want you to break a nail opening it, let me get it.

This just proves my point I cant joke with my guy friends the way I do with my girlfriends, just another reason men and women arent equal. Women want to be treated differently, they want to be a princess, make-up, clothes, jewelry all that crap. Actually I think most women now a days want to be treated superior to men.

And until a women jumps from the free throw line and dunks a basketball a la Micheal Jordan.
/thread
Old 01-09-2008, 03:24 PM

LOL

i mean

(dont want to get feminized)
Old 01-09-2008, 07:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jclamor87,Jan 7 2008, 12:15 PM
in my line of work i have to deal with both men and women(clients)
I over heard one of our clients blabbing on and on and on about how independent she is but was mad when she had a date and they split the tab in half .

im not one to insult the opposite sex but come on. in many ways women are still stuck in that mentality that guys have to sweat and work hard to get with them, in this day and age shouldnt the effort be split in half

If you dont want me to watch the game then i dont want to watch chick flicks with you.
If we go out for a date, shouldnt we pay half and half for our food.
If you think i should get in shape why dont you go to the gym with me.

so on and on and on.

want to see what females think of this aswell as guys.
Well its true women are becomming more masculine in their social roles and men are becomming more femine. I have seen more guys crying at whining at the foot of a woman because he wants alittle bit of honey from her. But ya, i have noticed this myself and on all dates, she is paying half and will pay half until I marry her, why does having a pussy relieve her of any responsibility or integrity?
Old 01-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J_inDA_s2k,Jan 9 2008, 07:13 PM
It was a joke, now go grab me a beer women. Wait I dont want you to break a nail opening it, let me get it.

This just proves my point I cant joke with my guy friends the way I do with my girlfriends, just another reason men and women arent equal. Women want to be treated differently, they want to be a princess, make-up, clothes, jewelry all that crap. Actually I think most women now a days want to be treated superior to men.

And until a women jumps from the free throw line and dunks a basketball a la Micheal Jordan.
/thread
ROFL Amen brotha and as chris rock said.... We can not argue with a woman, we are handicapped, because us men have a need to make sense!
Old 01-09-2008, 08:40 PM

havent you all heard of "a woman wins every argument, anything a guys says after is a new argument"

Quick Reply: Female equality