Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Female equality

Old 01-08-2008, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J_inDA_s2k,Jan 8 2008, 06:35 PM
Did any women sign the declaration of independence?
/thread
Old 01-09-2008, 05:47 AM

J inDA s2k wrote:

"females equal LOL"

My goodness. There are a lot of dickless wonders posting in this thread. Let me tell you something guys. Women are vastly overrepresented in the ranks of university students, and the gap between the academic achievement of women and men continues to grow, with women pulling farther and farther ahead. So, the chances are that many of you adolescents (I'm assuming from the level of this discussion that you are a bunch of kids with more testosterone than brains) are going to be working for women some day. You can console yourselves with the thought that you really are superior to them. I'm sure that fantasy will be a great comfort to you in the years to come.

Women are different from men. That does not mean that they are not equal to men. Equal does not mean identical.

Zeiss
Old 01-09-2008, 05:51 AM

J inDA s2k wrote: "Did any women sign the declaration of independence?
/thread"

Brilliant reasoning, pal. Neither did any person of colour. So, according to your reasoning, because women were oppressed in the 18th century, they should be now. So, because people of colour were slaves in the 18th century, they should be slaves today? No Jews or Asians signed the Declaration of Independence either. Guess that proves that they are inferior too.

You know, the stupidity of some of the guys posting in the "women are inferior thread" isn't exactly making a great argument for male superiority.

Zeiss
Old 01-09-2008, 06:22 AM

Zeiss, always the voice of reason, it seems. My wife is smarter than me (and I'm no idiot), arguably more successful than me, and makes more money than me. What's that mean? Nothing. Does it mean she "needs" me any less? Not really.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bjohnston,Jan 9 2008, 11:22 AM
Zeiss, always the voice of reason, it seems. My wife is smarter than me (and I'm no idiot), arguably more successful than me, and makes more money than me. What's that mean? Nothing. Does it mean she "needs" me any less? Not really.
it means that you both wear pants
Old 01-09-2008, 07:13 AM

^ And thank God for that. The alternative has no appeal to me whatsoever. I need an equal and have no problem with a superior.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:45 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by zeiss,Jan 9 2008, 08:47 AM
My goodness. There are a lot of dickless wonders posting in this thread. Let me tell you something guys. Women are vastly overrepresented in the ranks of university students, and the gap between the academic achievement of women and men continues to grow, with women pulling farther and farther ahead. So, the chances are that many of you adolescents (I'm assuming from the level of this discussion that you are a bunch of kids with more testosterone than brains) are going to be working for women some day. You can console yourselves with the thought that you really are superior to them. I'm sure that fantasy will be a great comfort to you in the years to come.

Women are different from men. That does not mean that they are not equal to men. Equal does not mean identical.

Zeiss
Excellent. Now they'll do our work for us and still make less than us.

Just kidding! My wife isn't as educated as me but she's a much harder worker in general. I've got nothing but good things to say about a woman that's secure in who and what she is and doesn't REQUIRE anything from a man but instead DESERVES it through love, hard work, and patience.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:48 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=AlX Boi,Jan 8 2008, 08:41 PM] Funny thing.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:00 AM

Good point, vtec9. It seems pretty clear from this discussion that plenty of men on this thread want to preserve their perogatives too, while also benefiting from equality -- they want to be dominant, but don't want to pay for things. I thank those guys for an excellent demonstration of male hypocrisy counterbalancing the female hypocrisy that they complain about.

Zeiss
Old 01-09-2008, 09:05 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, it certainly goes both ways!

Quick Reply: Female equality