Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

'The Fast and the Furious' movie

Old 06-25-2001, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Luder94
[B]I don't want to start a flame here, but heaven forbid that we Asians (I'm Indian....and yes, it's apart of Asia) get stereotyped to be smart and/or rich.

In college, when I hung out with my fraternity brothers, who are black, we'd get stopped, searched, and get warned about causing trouble.
Old 06-26-2001, 05:58 AM
Sev

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Roelof
[B]Dudes,

I saw the pre release and last sunday I saw it again. The movie is lots of fun to watch. Nice shots great cars and some bulshit. Example "What the &^%$ is a "Motec Exhaust". Motec only makes engine management systems. Attitudes are not overdone and have you ever driven a GSX with a blown engine. I did last week... By the way. The GSX (in the movie) is in reality a GS (Front wheel Drive) and changed to RWD. Also, in reality the Supra won but they turned the boost down. And further more, the Ferrari, is way slower than most cars in the movie. I guess they payed the producers a good sum. I actualy beat a faster 348 with my Turbo 16G and Link system in old Miata!! OK, I'm starting to sound negative. I is the only import car racing I know off. And the cars and driving is MUCH better than "Gone in 60 seconds". That movie was to americanized. They actualy took the Supra shots out but when you look at the list of stolen cars, they mention the Supra TT. I'm European and have driven and raced manny cars. I thing American cars are overrated Junk. The s2000 is ABSOLUTLY KILLER.
Old 06-26-2001, 10:57 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pfb
[B]I usually like mindless car movies... but this one was a POS in my opinion. Ridiculous stereotypes for every group of people represented, 1/4 mile races that went on forever, every 18 year old driving a $50K+ "tuner" import, ajd the "Honda 2000" as a drag racer.

I didn't even
Old 06-26-2001, 02:50 PM

Hey, I heard there was another scene at the end of the movie after the credits that hinted at a sequel. Is there anyone who sat through all the credits who can verify this?

Just wondering.
Old 06-26-2001, 09:31 PM

Originally posted by edasaurus
Hey, I heard there was another scene at the end of the movie after the credits that hinted at a sequel. Is there anyone who sat through all the credits who can verify this?

Just wondering.
Yes. There was a closing scene at the end of the credits. Read no further if you don't want to know what it is.....
It just shows Dominic (Vin Diesel) driving a SS Chevelle (?) in Baja, Mexico uttering his catch phrase "I live my life one quarter of a mile at a time....". It doesn't really set up a sequel so much as show that he got away, but I bet with the success of this movie they will make a sequel. Here's hoping anyway. ÷
Old 06-26-2001, 11:06 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I don't know if this has been posted yet, but TFATF dominated the box office this weekend with $41.6 million in ticket sales.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/591745.asp
Old 06-26-2001, 11:13 PM

Damn, that movie could have been good. It was definitely better than Driven, but what kinda racing team is that? A buncha trashy dirty guys? Oh, and they happen to be high tech too... And what was up with the racial segregation? I don't ever, ever, repeat, ever, seeing Hispanics all up on the import scene, or for that matter, Ja Rule. More research was needed. But liked the "Spoon engine" bit.
Old 06-27-2001, 12:26 PM

Here are some interesting links:

http://www.canoe.ca/JamMoviesBoxOffice/us.html
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/aw-cgi/ebay...2812088&r=0&t=0
Old 06-27-2001, 03:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pfb
[B]I usually like mindless car movies... but this one was a POS in my opinion. Ridiculous stereotypes for every group of people represented, 1/4 mile races that went on forever, every 18 year old driving a $50K+ "tuner" import, ajd the "Honda 2000" as a drag racer.

I didn't even
Old 11-16-2002, 01:02 PM

saw this movie i heard that the supra in it look fast but it really suuck in real life

Quick Reply: 'The Fast and the Furious' movie