Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

'The Fast and the Furious' movie

Old 06-21-2001, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 'The Fast and the Furious' movie

I went to a sneak preview of the new movie 'The Fast and the Furious' last night. I will not ruin it for you, but lets just say that the cars are the stars of the movie. There is a hopped up S2000 but it doesn't get enough screen time.
Go with your buddies and not you girl friend.
I'll bet the sale of Nos kits goes through the roof in the next few months.
Enjoy it for what it is - a car flick.
Old 06-21-2001, 06:19 PM

We are gonna see it matinee during lunch tomorrow...
Old 06-21-2001, 06:27 PM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

After all of the damned Californian's posted about it (a month ago)i kept thinking that it must SUCK soooo bad that none of my local theatres were even picking it up.....opens 22nd...tomorrow...

I will be going soon!

I don't know any other local riceboys, so turbo_pwr, if you wanna make a road trip i'll meet ya in Allentown to watch it... that goes for you too S2000Chris.

Scot
Old 06-21-2001, 09:08 PM

Just a question... are you guys driving the S2K to see the movie?? I've heard some bad stuff about some Muscle Car guys that are going to show up at the theaters and mess up all the import cars. Plus cops will be swarming the areas around the big theaters. Like there's one theater by me, the AMC 30, it has 30 screens. Biggest place around, and there are always Import Boys around with their civics and lately.. IS300's... just wondering what you guys are going to do.
Old 06-21-2001, 09:49 PM

I'm not really interested in seeing it.
Old 06-21-2001, 10:15 PM

I'll probably see the matinee tomorrow too. I want to take my stook but am afraid of vandalism. Aint it a bitch? I wish the theaters would hire a security guard to watch the parking lot for this movie (I know I know, I'm dreaming...)
Old 06-21-2001, 10:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Warren

Go with your buddies and not you girl friend.

lol why not??? if i had a boy friend i know that i would go with him! lol ok i guess that i dont count though i think that i am one on the few girls that gets as crazy bout cars as guys do but i cant help it.......the speed....the looks.......man i am such a guy lol! anyway i am goin to see it tomorow before work, the only thing is that i know i am gonna wana go race afterwards.......hence thats why i am goin before work so that i cant go to philly to the races oh yah and i have to take the stook to the theater my only car.......but there are a million cops always at the theater plus there is a car shop that is desplaying their 800 hp supra for the first weekend of the movie that should be interesting, anyway talk to yah guys later
<3 jen
ok yah and have yah seen tomb raider yet???????????? oh my god if you love angelina jolie like i do go!!!!!!!! plus i thought that the movie was really good to considering thats not the type of movie i would go see...........but angelina was in it so i had to
Old 06-22-2001, 02:41 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Scot
I don't know any other local riceboys, so turbo_pwr, if you wanna make a road trip i'll meet ya in Allentown to watch it... that goes for you too S2000Chris.

Scot
Tempting, but 3 hours (6hrs roundtrip) to see a 90min movie would be hard to justify, gas wise.
Old 06-22-2001, 03:33 AM

I'm looking forward to it. I only hope there isn't too much acting and plenty
of drivin'!

Isn't out until August here though
Old 06-22-2001, 05:21 AM

Originally posted by YeloS2000ShowGrl
i think that i am one on the few girls that gets as crazy bout cars as guys do but i cant help it.......the speed....the looks [/B]
[

Marry me!!!!

Quick Reply: 'The Fast and the Furious' movie