Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Exotic Car Rentals

Old 03-23-2004, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exotic Car Rentals

My family is working on an Exotic car rental project/company in Vegas. I was just wondering, from an enthusiasts point a view, what cars would you want to rent? Please be sensible and dont say stuff like the Enzo, Carrea GT, SLR, etc. Stuff under 200,000 would be ok.

Attached is a list of cars my father has made so far. Keep in mind that we still need to narrow it down to about 20 - 25. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Acura

NSX
Old 03-23-2004, 08:09 PM

no caddy escalade on dubz? or lincoln navi on dubz?

i know it sounds funny, but i have a feeling those will be rented out alot
Old 03-23-2004, 08:13 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take out the RX8 and Volvo s60r. Add an elise, add a lambo gallardo if you have the cash. Add a jeep rubicon, get some phat harleys. IMO.
Old 03-23-2004, 08:29 PM

take out japanese non exotic or luxury off the list.

get some lotus and lambos
Old 03-23-2004, 08:36 PM

A lot of those cars would never be rented out, or very rarely. A lot of people are going to want Escalades, or Navigators. Especially if they have some nice aftermarket chrome wheels on them.

That's just how a lot of the general public thinks when it comes to cars
Old 03-23-2004, 08:42 PM

Thanks for the input guys, the Elise is being considered but they havent hit the market yet so we'll have to see. As for Lambos, i am not sure but the big POS suvs on big stupid shiny wheels is not a bad idea. As for bikes, i dont think they'll rent because of not enough people have motorcycle licencences (especially tourists or high rollers).

Thanks again
Old 03-23-2004, 09:03 PM

Yeah, the goal is to make money, so the bottom line is to provide people what they want, and not what YOU want.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:23 PM

I'd rent a Lotus Esprit before any of those other cars.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:02 PM

i was just in vegas last summer and rented a prowler.....heres a list of what i remember: also note that i went to 2 rental places and saw a few more: they basically had all the same cars:

heres the list and also rental fees that i can remember:

ferrari 360 and 355- had to be 25 to rent and it was like $1500 a day for the 360, $1100 for the 355

porsche cab and boxster

hummer h1 and h2

dodge viper- there were alot of them....cost $280 for 4 hours

plymouth prowler- cost $240 for 4 hours

honda s2000

there was a slk

those are the ones i remember....

you have alot of exotic cars that most probably woulndn't make you too much $....ie. jag, bentley, e55 benz, 911 turbo

i wish i would've rented the viper, but i'll admit i was too scared to rent it since i'm still under my parents insurance and i had never driven a car with that much hp.

+++++also note+++++

i'll be honest that i definitly wanted to rent the car, however would probably not do it again unless i had money to burn......it's not that the rental was expensive, it's just that there is nothing to see in vegas (you can only drive up and down the strip so many times).....my friend and i actually drove to the Hoover Dam...it was cool, but i probably wouldn't do it again......also you have to be so damn careful when you are driving....( i remember the guy was like if you scratch a rim you have to buy it basically the fee for the scratch was $450 or something).

+++++also note+++++

just another thought, my friend and i also rented limos where ever we went....it was fun since we could get drunk and not worry about driving....it was actually more economical than getting a taxi....this is a different market, but i know for sure i'm going to rent limo's when i go back this year and PROBABLY NOT rent an exotic car.

the BIGGEST FACTOR in Vegas is there is a lack of places to go in my opinion, as i stated before you can only drive up and down the strip so often
Old 03-24-2004, 06:25 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Plain and simple: Cobra

Quick Reply: Exotic Car Rentals