Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Drivers Encountered on 1,200 Mile Trip

Old 09-01-2014 | 08:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers Encountered on 1,200 Mile Trip

Had to take a last minute trip from Orlando to Biloxi and back, it’s been a while since I had taken a long car ride.
List of drivers I encountered over 1,200 miles
1. The Drive in the Left Lane Driver…Get the f@#k over and travel in the right…even my 8 year old knows you travel on the right and pass on the left.
2. The Rain Flashers Guy…Since when has it become customary to turn on your f@#k flasher when it rains? Last I checked they were for emergencies and in most states it is illegal to have them on when the car is in motion.
3. The No Lights in the Rain Driver…Turn your f@#king headlights on when it rains so I don’t rear end you!
4. The High Beams are Great for Driving at Night Driver…The asshole that insists on driving with his high beams on no matter if someone is in front of him or not.
5. The Testing My Manhood Driver…The guy that is clearly going 5 miles slower than you with your cruise on and as soon as you get half way past him decides he needs to speed up b/c you’re not going to pass him (typically they then turn into CB’s (more later)
6. Cruise Busters (CB)…The guy that won’t speed up or slow down to let you get around him or another car causing you to have to turn off cruise.
7. The Blue HIDs in the Wrong Housing Driver…Not only are they too f@#king bright but adjusted to be pointing straight ahead and not towards the road. This driver always seems to be going just fast enough that you can escape unless you are willing to go 120mph for a good 3 miles.
8. The I’m Too Important to be in Traffic Driver…This is the assjack that is swerving in and out of heavy traffic through a metro area riding asses and just being a danger to everyone on the road.
9. The Gotta Speed Up to get Past the Big Rig Driver…The driver that hits the gas the moment he sees a Rig put on their blinkers to pass grandma in her Buick or get over for the Cop on the side of the road. Instead of letting the rig get over for maybe 15 seconds they have to be a pain in the ass. The truckers own the roads, thats where they work, let them.
10. The Blinker Freak Out Driver…The driver that lays on the horn as soon as they see you would like over or freaks out bc you put the blinker on while they are near your rear quarter panel. FYI…The blinker is not only to let drivers know where you are going but also to “ask permission” to get over, either slow down or speed up, I put my blinker on before I change lanes not while changing lanes.
11. The Ninja Driver…The car you passed about 50 miles ago and then pass again without ever getting off the road or seeing them pass you.
Misc. notes: Rented a 2013 Corolla with 36K on it for the trip, how the hell does Toyota sell so many of those things? It was so uncomfortable by the time I got Tallahassee my ass felt like it went 10 rounds with Tyson.
Big rigs don’t give you the air horn honk anymore. Tried to explain the process to my son but he couldn’t get any trucks to do it for him.
Old 09-03-2014 | 06:47 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I can almost understand the blinker freak out.
SOOO many people these days think the blinker means "I'm moving over so watch out"
Every day I see people who barely take a second between turning on their blinker and changing lanes. They dont look AT ALL. There is no speed adjustment to "fit in". They just wing the car over. Same goes for onramps. You have to yield to me, jackass! You dont get to turn on your blinker and force me into the other lane where there is a car. You have to speed up/slow down so you can fit.

I've had many close calls for both of those.
What ever happened to SMOG
Old 09-03-2014 | 08:41 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Good report of your trip I think I've seen most of them on the road too.
Levi
Old 09-03-2014 | 12:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol. There was once a granny "Ninja Driver" when I went on a road trip, I was like
Old 09-03-2014 | 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by Gbcrebel13
1. The Drive in the Left Lane Driver…Get the f@#k over and travel in the right…even my 8 year old knows you travel on the right and pass on the left.

Prius

2. The Rain Flashers Guy…Since when has it become customary to turn on your f@#k flasher when it rains? Last I checked they were for emergencies and in most states it is illegal to have them on when the car is in motion.

Prius

3. The No Lights in the Rain Driver…Turn your f@#king headlights on when it rains so I don’t rear end you!

Prius

4. The High Beams are Great for Driving at Night Driver…The asshole that insists on driving with his high beams on no matter if someone is in front of him or not.

Prius

5. The Testing My Manhood Driver…The guy that is clearly going 5 miles slower than you with your cruise on and as soon as you get half way past him decides he needs to speed up b/c you’re not going to pass him (typically they then turn into CB’s (more later)

I would say Prius, but they don't have enough hp to prevent you from passing them LOL...so ricer civic

6. Cruise Busters (CB)…The guy that won’t speed up or slow down to let you get around him or another car causing you to have to turn off cruise.

Prius

7. The Blue HIDs in the Wrong Housing Driver…Not only are they too f@#king bright but adjusted to be pointing straight ahead and not towards the road. This driver always seems to be going just fast enough that you can escape unless you are willing to go 120mph for a good 3 miles.

Ricer Civic

8. The I’m Too Important to be in Traffic Driver…This is the assjack that is swerving in and out of heavy traffic through a metro area riding asses and just being a danger to everyone on the road.

BMW/Porsche

9. The Gotta Speed Up to get Past the Big Rig Driver…The driver that hits the gas the moment he sees a Rig put on their blinkers to pass grandma in her Buick or get over for the Cop on the side of the road. Instead of letting the rig get over for maybe 15 seconds they have to be a pain in the ass. The truckers own the roads, thats where they work, let them.

Ford F150

10. The Blinker Freak Out Driver…The driver that lays on the horn as soon as they see you would like over or freaks out bc you put the blinker on while they are near your rear quarter panel. FYI…The blinker is not only to let drivers know where you are going but also to “ask permission” to get over, either slow down or speed up, I put my blinker on before I change lanes not while changing lanes.

Prius

11. The Ninja Driver…The car you passed about 50 miles ago and then pass again without ever getting off the road or seeing them pass you.

State Trooper

Big rigs don’t give you the air horn honk anymore. Tried to explain the process to my son but he couldn’t get any trucks to do it for him.

What's the reason rigs no longer air horn honk?
Old 09-03-2014 | 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Sabre
I can almost understand the blinker freak out.
SOOO many people these days think the blinker means "I'm moving over so watch out"
Every day I see people who barely take a second between turning on their blinker and changing lanes. They dont look AT ALL. There is no speed adjustment to "fit in". They just wing the car over. Same goes for onramps. You have to yield to me, jackass! You dont get to turn on your blinker and force me into the other lane where there is a car. You have to speed up/slow down so you can fit.

I've had many close calls for both of those.
What ever happened to SMOG
Yeah I should of added

I Only Use My Blinker to Let You Know I'm Coming Over No Matter If You Are There or Not Driver...The ass that feels that thier blinker is an automatic invitation to move into your lane.
Old 09-03-2014 | 04:30 PM

What's the reason rigs no longer air horn honk?[/quote]
[/quote]
Yeah I have no idea, he tried the whole way up and back no traffic around when he tried so it wasn't bc of that.
Old 09-06-2014 | 06:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some areas of this country if you use your blinker to signal you are going into a wide gap between two cars (more than 10 car lengths apart) the guy behind will practically neck break it to close the gap on you... so f***ing frustrating. I've noticed it's particularly bad when I drive my S. It's like those people have something to prove.

BTW I ALWAYS use my blinkers. Everyone should.

But your list is extremely on-point to the drivers I encounter often. When I'm on the road I try to be aware of all drivers' around me and their present driving styles. A lot of time even subtle car movements and the past 15 seconds of that person's activity around him/her can tell you exactly what he/she is going to do. Particularly on the highway.
Old 09-06-2014 | 12:58 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbcrebel13
Yeah I should of added

I Only Use My Blinker to Let You Know I'm Coming Over No Matter If You Are There or Not Driver...The ass that feels that thier blinker is an automatic invitation to move into your lane.
There is the counter behavior to this...

In general, I am a very courteous driver... Do I make a inconsiderate mistake from time to time...sure... I wave my hand to the other driver to apologize and go on with my life...

When it comes to lane changes, I prefer to signal for a few seconds to let people know I want to move over...wait for a courteous person to yield to me so that I can move over properly...and then change lanes...

The problem with many of today's drivers is that most see my signal as a challenge for them to speed up and close the gap to make sure that I don't have enough room to move over... And when I am forced to "thread the needle", the driver who tried to aggressively close the gap ends up honking and visibly shrugs his shoulders in disgust like I jumped out of nowhere and he didn't see me coming... Gimme a break...

When I see someone signaling, I give them some room and let them in...

<sigh>... Where have basic manners gone?
Old 09-13-2014 | 11:03 AM

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Hope you didn't stay in Tally for too long, glad I'm out of that place

Rigs haven't done the honk in years for me. Hard to even get them to do the light flash before/after a lane change as well.

Quick Reply: Drivers Encountered on 1,200 Mile Trip