Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Do you find yourselves following the speed limit when driving your S

Old 05-09-2004 | 12:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you find yourselves following the speed limit when driving your S

With all the talk about speed and left-lane driving... I feel like Im the only person here who enjoys chill driving . I love the fact that I can FEEL the road when driving my S... aside from that, I KNOW I can practically spank most people on the road... so theres no point in speeding... seems like the more powerful the beast, the more tamed it is...

... but when driving a slow ass car... almost feels like Ive got somethin to prove
Old 05-09-2004 | 02:13 PM

I have a vortech in my S and many people might conclude that means I love to drive fast and hard. The truth is that I'm actually more like you I stick around the speed limit and always smile inward when I see Geo Metros and Hummer H2's gunning it around like madmen. Like you I perfer to know I have the ablity, but just cruise around.
Old 05-09-2004 | 05:42 PM

nothing is cooler than seeing a nice car just cruising at the speed limit in the far right lane, just looks 'elite' to me.
Old 05-09-2004 | 05:49 PM

Yes to much of the time. Well until race nights.
Old 05-09-2004 | 06:31 PM

if theres traffic, i stay with it. cops in my area seem to take down anyone zig zagging through traffic. if the roads are empty, i'll speed a little
Old 05-09-2004 | 06:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When driving the S in residential neighborhoods I cruise, freeways still cruising...

Someone wants to race, F... it wherever. Night races, freeway, wherever.
Old 05-09-2004 | 08:31 PM

i always follow posted speed limits when driving my s. doesnt help that it's spa yellow and seems to attract tons of unwanted attention already hehe. but i gun it hard on track and runs to make up for my slow daily driving though

-Son
Old 05-09-2004 | 08:52 PM

Originally posted by spdlmtna
With all the talk about speed and left-lane driving... I feel like Im the only person here who enjoys chill driving . I love the fact that I can FEEL the road when driving my S... aside from that, I KNOW I can practically spank most people on the road... so theres no point in speeding... seems like the more powerful the beast, the more tamed it is...

... but when driving a slow ass car... almost feels like Ive got somethin to prove
So do you have the fastest S in the world? You can spank most people on the road, huh? Impressive!

I always go about the speed limits because I don't street race, but that doesn't mean I don't drive it "spiritedly". Subsequently, I drive slower in slower cars. The S is just too fun to drive it slow. You can drive it in a spirited fashion without going much over the speed limits.
Old 05-09-2004 | 09:18 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree 100% with Razor. I love dropping the top, sittin in the right lane, blasting my tunes, arm around the girl, cruisin. Speeding gets boring fast. Cruisin is more my style. Ill only rip it up at like 2AM on empty highways.

Ive always told my friends..."When I get a Ferrari, Ill never go faster than 20mph"

That way, everyone can see me in it.
Old 05-09-2004 | 10:19 PM

Originally posted by RazorV3
nothing is cooler than seeing a nice car just cruising at the speed limit in the far right lane, just looks 'elite' to me.

I agree.

It's usually the knuckleheads who speed and weave through traffic.

Quick Reply: Do you find yourselves following the speed limit when driving your S