Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

dam coppers! here we go again! need to fight in court or lose license this time!

Old 01-29-2004 | 04:11 AM
Former Moderator

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DaveZ
shiaochiu
Old 01-29-2004 | 06:12 AM

what state are you in....i got like 7 tickets in ayear and nothing happened to me......also do you knwo anyone with spinning rims? slap those on your car and show that they still spin even when there stopepd and thats what he saw and was mistaken! just a stupid thought!
Old 01-29-2004 | 05:10 PM

there is no problem. i aknowledge i didnt come to a stop. i just think it wasnt a major safety risk with no cars on the road and maybe a warning wouldnt be such a crazy idea.

strangely girls and my caucasian friends always seem to get off with warnings.. i wonder.. nah couldnt be, right?
Old 01-29-2004 | 05:23 PM
Ash

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shiaochiu
there is no problem. i aknowledge i didnt come to a stop. i just think it wasnt a major safety risk with no cars on the road and maybe a warning wouldnt be such a crazy idea.
Old 01-29-2004 | 05:36 PM

yea i definitely agree. i need to go take some pictures and see what kind of case i can build up. thanks all
Old 01-29-2004 | 05:53 PM
Banned

Screw trying to dispute anything. Just get a lawyer, and see if they can't just let you pay the ticket, and take it off your record in a year if you have no other violations. Far cheaper in the long run, and it doesn't piss anyone off.

If you think white people don't get tickets, lean over here so I can slap you. You broke the law, and got a ticket, and now think someone was being racist by giving you a ticket instead of a warning? Hell, if you had just told the police officer you hadn't seen him, you might have gotten a warning. Next time ask the officer if they can give you a warning instead of a ticket, they might.
Old 01-29-2004 | 06:19 PM

No_really- As with all cases, I think it just depends mostly on the mood of the cop.

And if you think the amount of tickets given is spread uniformly among the races, you are mistaken. Try going to traffic court and you will see what I mean.
(Assuming where you live has some sort of ethnic diversity)

Racism is everywhere.. its just the way things are and always will be.
Old 01-29-2004 | 06:50 PM

Shiaochiu,

I have been reading all the posts and I do feel for you, but to pull the race card seems to be a bit off. You broke a law, as crappy as it is considering the circumstances, but I don't think you getting the ticket has anything to do with race. Maybe it is what you said to the cop, how you said it, or actions. Who knows. Basics on what to do when getting pulled over are:
1. Put your blinker on
2.Shut the engine off and definitely the radio.
3.Leave both hands on the wheel
4.Don't do anything until the officer comes to the car.

My guess, is you got the ticket because of your driving record. They saw you as a high risk and had numerous other tickets so you got nailed. Personally, I agree with getting a lawyer. The judge and prosecutor is not letting you off.

Good luck man, I do feel for you since getting tickets suck and you at least owned up to making the mistake.