Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Crude prices low and steady. Gas up?

Old 01-25-2009 | 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Regpaq' date='Jan 24 2009, 01:47 PM
and obama announced he won't be drilling anytime soon, further cutting the supply
Just wait, The cost of voting Obama into office has just started.
Old 01-25-2009 | 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Regpaq' date='Jan 24 2009, 03:47 PM
and obama announced he won't be drilling anytime soon, further cutting the supply
Try reading a bit before opening your mouth. It has little to do with a lack of crude supply and more to do with a decision to lower supply by refineries.

Just to clarify, when you post false information in order to get in some insult about Obama, you don't appear very intelligent.

Fair criticism of his policies are welcomed, but pointless, ill-equipped (and poorly researched) quips about him do not help anything or anyone. Stop being a sore loser and move on.
Old 01-25-2009 | 08:36 AM
G

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted H' date='Jan 25 2009, 09:19 AM
Try reading a bit before opening your mouth. It has little to do with a lack of crude supply and more to do with a decision to lower supply by refineries.

Just to clarify, when you post false information in order to get in some insult about Obama, you don't appear very intelligent.

Fair criticism of his policies are welcomed, but pointless, ill-equipped (and poorly researched) quips about him do not help anything or anyone. Stop being a sore loser and move on.
I don't want to start anything here, but I do find it interesting that this is a one way street. People have blaimed everything in the world on Bush. If you are an Obama backer, get used to him being criticized for the next 4 years. turnabouts fair play.
Old 01-25-2009 | 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by AZDavid' date='Jan 24 2009, 08:46 PM
It all has to do with the "crack spread"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crack_spread
co-sign.

they did a segment on this very subject on 60 minutes. i don't remember them calling it that, nevertheless, it is the cause.
Old 01-25-2009 | 09:04 AM

Criticisms, yes; random, unprovoked insults... not necessary.

I'm generally pretty moderate, and don't agree with all of Obama's policies; I just find its getting obnoxious that there are so many people slinging mud for no particular reason other than their guy lost. Now, that being said, of course that's going to happen, people are idiots. But still, let's move on and try some unity for once... it might help.
Old 01-25-2009 | 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Ted H' date='Jan 25 2009, 09:19 AM

After your post I tried to look it up, but couldn't find any recent articles. But it would be nice for you to have replied with a link of some sort, because from where I'm standing your post is just as "pointless, ill-equipped" and "random, unprovoked insults" as mine, according to you.

When gas at the pump was $5 a gallon and crude was at $145 there was a reason to drill. bush released the ban on offshore drilling, crude and oil prices at the pump started to drop. The refineries over seas are scared of us drilling because they will lose more of a percent of our market. Now that bush is out of office, they are more confident that we will not drill thus being able to raise the price. Of course this isn't the only reason explaining the current trend, but just a better explanation of what I Was trying to say in my last post for Ted H.

BTW, Ted H, I didn't mean to upset you. but from my post, I dont know how you can assume where I stand on the issue or how you think that was an insult to obama. I'm really confused by that. If I'm wrong I would of course like to know
Old 01-25-2009 | 10:44 AM
15 Year Member

Received 247 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Ted H' date='Jan 25 2009, 02:04 PM
let's move on and try some unity for once... it might help.
Might? It's our only hope.

I think more people will come on board if they see things starting to get better. Until then...

It might also help if we quit Bush bashing. The time is past. He's gone off to pasture.

Should we drill? Maybe. It depends upon current pricing and conditions. Should we drill in ANWR? Probably not at this point. The environmental costs are potentially too high. What we DO need to do is work on low impact ways to extract that oil and hang on to it. We need it in the future and maintaining our own crude oil sources is key to energy independence in the longer term future.
Old 01-25-2009 | 02:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

aww snap the worlds coming to an end now
Old 01-25-2009 | 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Regpaq' date='Jan 25 2009, 01:40 PM
After your post I tried to look it up, but couldn't find any recent articles. But it would be nice for you to have replied with a link of some sort, because from where I'm standing your post is just as "pointless, ill-equipped" and "random, unprovoked insults" as mine, according to you.

When gas at the pump was $5 a gallon and crude was at $145 there was a reason to drill. bush released the ban on offshore drilling, crude and oil prices at the pump started to drop. The refineries over seas are scared of us drilling because they will lose more of a percent of our market. Now that bush is out of office, they are more confident that we will not drill thus being able to raise the price. Of course this isn't the only reason explaining the current trend, but just a better explanation of what I Was trying to say in my last post for Ted H.

BTW, Ted H, I didn't mean to upset you. but from my post, I dont know how you can assume where I stand on the issue or how you think that was an insult to obama. I'm really confused by that. If I'm wrong I would of course like to know
My apologies, I did not mean to address the entire sentiment at you. There's been a variety of people throwing in random insults. Seemed to me you were heading in that direction.

Prices tumbled Thursday after the government reported U.S. oil storage facilities were brimming with higher-than-expected inventories.
- MSNBC Jan 23, 2009.

Admittedly, sources are weak and vague at best, but that's the most clear statement about it that I found.

Your post (and what I gleaned from it) was sort of the straw that broke the camel's back. Didn't mean to jump down your throat.
Old 01-25-2009 | 05:37 PM

blame wall street.

Quick Reply: Crude prices low and steady. Gas up?