Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

A cop totaled out my winter car...

Old 01-17-2010 | 08:16 AM

What's the story behind the picture? Why waste time not helping...
Old 01-17-2010 | 09:13 AM
Former Moderator

Update??
Old 01-17-2010 | 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by AFs2k,Jan 17 2010, 01:16 PM
What's the story behind the picture? Why waste time not helping...
Because that's what we do in this forum. You're the n00b. Take it easy.

The picture is another member on this forum's avatar who is a well known cop hater. That is all. Inside joke. This is not your thread. It's S2ki's thread and everyone who belongs to S2ki, especially PAYING members. (congrats on being one) We can post in whatever thread we want to, it's up to the mods what they want to leave in the thread.
Old 01-17-2010 | 10:18 AM

Also, long story short. If you don't receive full recourse from the police's insurance company or your own insurance company then you should file a complaint with the PD's Internal Affairs department and hire a lawyer.
Old 01-17-2010 | 10:51 AM

Should of gotten something on paper with the 2 cops signature saying it wasnt your fault. You might be screwed. I would try legal action. And I also would of fallen out of my car screaming "MY ARM! AHHH!"

All in all....

Cops word > Yours
Old 01-17-2010 | 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by Fapout,Jan 17 2010, 11:16 AM
Because that's what we do in this forum. You're the fuckin n00b. Take it easy.

The picture is another member on this forum's avatar who is a well known cop hater. That is all. Inside joke. This is not your thread. It's S2ki's thread and everyone who belongs to S2ki, especially PAYING members. (congrats on being one) We can post in whatever thread we want to, it's up to the mods what they want to leave in the thread.
Dude, I was just asking a question and wondering why people waste time putting junk in a thread that is there asking for help/suggestions (legit help).

You're the one who needs to calm down. Who cares if I'm the "noob." OH LOOK, it's a noob, lets make fun of him being new... that is so man on man love. And this is a thread started by me, so it's mine.

Just grow up and stop acting all cool with the name calling on "uR internetz" or what ever in front of your internet friends.

Back on topic please.
Old 01-17-2010 | 11:55 AM
Member (Premium)

[QUOTE=AFs2k,Jan 17 2010, 12:14 PM] Dude, I was just asking a question and wondering why people waste time putting junk in a thread that is there asking for help/suggestions (legit help).

You're the one who needs to calm down.
Old 01-17-2010 | 12:51 PM

I figured "off topic" was anything not having to do with the s2k not acting like 12 year olds. I didn't want to put it in the wrong place in the forums. I like to follow the rules.

One lawyer is not going to give me multiple perspectives on a subject, that's why I figured I'd ask a community of people.

I can take a little "it's just for fun", but when that is what the subject is changing to in a thread then it bugs me.

Oh well.
Old 01-17-2010 | 02:46 PM
Former Moderator

AFs2k. Don't sweat the 'off topic' regular's hazing. It's just personality. It's just a little fun.

I'll tell you a little story.

One day I was in my sister's prelude with my sister and brother in law. We were on the way from one part of Indiana to another and were taking a shortcut through a little hick town. I see a cop car behind me. I stop at a stop sign and get a little paranoid so I stop more than 2 seconds. Well the cop rams the back of my sister's car.

Here I'd been watching too much TV and was afraid that the hick cop would come and shoot us or something. Well he comes up and apologizes and has to call his seargent because of hitting my car. Turned out that it was a minor bumper clip that came loose. They offered to take it to a local shop to get it fixed, but I just wanted to GTFO, so we left.
Old 01-17-2010 | 04:49 PM

Yeah, I get the jist of the "off topic" now.

And yeah, if it was something as simple as a clip being knocked off, I wouldn't have let it bother me. I mean it was supposed to be a beater even if it was mint. But the thing was F'd up bad. I couldn't drive it away.

I'll post pics that my wife took with her phone tomorrow.

Quick Reply: A cop totaled out my winter car...