Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

book talk: sexploitation by matt fitzgerald

Old 01-24-2007, 10:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never read it, but the book sounds rediculous. People are insane. Men. Women. Lots of 'em, but not all. If you're not insane, you should stand a good chance of finding someone who isn't insane as well. Just use your damn head. I don't buy all the whining. I found an amazing woman, dated some other good chicks (dated some not so good chicks as well...or, maybe, they just weren't good for our relationship at that particular point in time), and know many good ones too. All that being said, if I was a woman, I would be concerned with what I see as growing misogynistic attitudes in our society. I think a lot of our popular culture is to blame for this, but I digress... And, clearly, if this numbnut's book was simply a rant against the role of only women in relationships, I don't think his ideas should be given much weight by any reasonable person.
Old 01-24-2007, 11:28 AM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by bjohnston,Jan 24 2007, 01:36 PM
Never read it, but the book sounds rediculous. People are insane. Men. Women. Lots of 'em, but not all. If you're not insane, you should stand a good chance of finding someone who isn't insane as well. Just use your damn head. I don't buy all the whining. I found an amazing woman, dated some other good chicks (dated some not so good chicks as well...or, maybe, they just weren't good for our relationship at that particular point in time), and know many good ones too. All that being said, if I was a woman, I would be concerned with what I see as growing misogynistic attitudes in our society. I think a lot of our popular culture is to blame for this, but I digress... And, clearly, if this numbnut's book was simply a rant against the role of only women in relationships, I don't think his ideas should be given much weight by any reasonable person.
I hadn't heard of the book 'til now, but I pretty much agree with everything you said.

Most of the people in the world are messed up. It's that simple. You'll find the occasional good one and they're worth their weight in gold. Hopefully, they don't take that literally and gain a bunch of weight on you.

I see the games women play and I hate it. That said, I see guys doing the same thing (for different reasons, usually) and I hate it equally as much, if not more.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by dyhppy,Jan 24 2007, 04:43 AM
ruby, sorry you had to pay for such a crappy date, but the thing is that the way you talk about the guy and by saying ur over him, makes it sound like ur not. im sorry if im wrong. ive heard it countless times where a girl won't stop talking about how annoying or a jerk a certain guy is and how much she can't stand him, but who did she just spend 30 mins talking about? and somehow, she'll still answer his call when he calls.

c unit, ur right that both sexes have their issues. i was thinking that if women weren't gold diggers by genetics, than the human race may not have survived. if they were back in the stone age and chose the nice guys, we'd prob have gone extinct. it is not surprise that our genetics have not caught up to our modern society, but it doesn't make the sting go away.

the thing that is annoying is when women are in denial about what they are. usually, if a guy is a jerk, he admits it and is happy that girls, for some reason, like his sorry butt. but women are scary in how insidious they can be. you admit that they want to control a man. that's freaky.

bottomline, women are smarter than men when it comes to head games and we honestly can't pick up on your long term plans. and by the time the ring is on the finger, the dumb guy didn't even know what hit him. how sad is that after marriage-loss of sex phenomenon, etc.

i appreciate the calm discussion and thanks for your input.
no actually the guy meant nothing to me, I saw him maybe three times. I would have felt a little burned or something if I did have sex with him, but I didnt. Now if there is someone Im not over, it maybe my ex, but that may be because I havent had a boyfriend since him,
Old 01-25-2007, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by rubyrashel,Jan 24 2007, 08:10 PM
Im not over, it maybe my ex, but that may be because I havent had a boyfriend since him,
Then call him to give it another run or let him fuk you one last time and get it over with. Every poor bastard that comes along now is going to be compared to your ex.....and will probably never measure up to your standards. You have to let go of those emotions.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by gotrice02,Jan 25 2007, 09:59 AM
Then call him to give it another run or let him fuk you one last time and get it over with. Every poor bastard that comes along now is going to be compared to your ex.....and will probably never measure up to your standards. You have to let go of those emotions.
don't think that would work since hes dating the girl he cheated on me with. letting go? I wish I didnt have those emotions at all. Every poor bastard doesnt match up to him and he wasnt all that great to begin with...
Old 01-25-2007, 11:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rubyrashel,Jan 25 2007, 03:16 PM
Every poor bastard doesnt match up to him
what is so great about you?

you need to get off your high horse.

no offense.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by PLYRS 3,Jan 25 2007, 03:19 PM

no offense.
yea, I will take offense if you are going to ask stupid questions. I never said I was great, but I can give you a list if that is what you are driving at.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by rubyrashel,Jan 25 2007, 03:16 PM
don't think that would work since hes dating the girl he cheated on me with. letting go? I wish I didnt have those emotions at all. Every poor bastard doesnt match up to him and he wasnt all that great to begin with...
Well, I didn't know you were cheated on because I didn't have the full details of the story. Sorry it happened to you, but I think the sense of rejection is what hurts the worst when someone is cheated on (espescially for women), not actually losing the person. It just sounds like you are conducting interviews on your dates instead of letting loose and having a good time. Eventually you will meet a guy who is "sponge-worthy" and doesn't make you pay for the date.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=gotrice02,Jan 25 2007, 03:25 PM] yea, I will take offense if you are going to ask stupid questions.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by PLYRS 3,Jan 25 2007, 12:19 PM

no offense.
I didn't read her remark in a negative way ...

If you're still in love with someone, obviously you're going to remember their more positive traits and compare anyone else to those recollections until that emotion fades...

Still baffled over what breakup sex is all about, and how it's supposed get you over someone. Maybe if the sex was really bad (I know, an oxymoron), but aside from that ...

Quick Reply: book talk: sexploitation by matt fitzgerald