Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

book talk: sexploitation by matt fitzgerald

Old 01-23-2007, 04:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default book talk: sexploitation by matt fitzgerald

anyone read it? it's like watching a bomb go off in your head.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the guy sounds pretty bitter.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:24 PM

on the surface, but can you deny what he's saying
Old 01-23-2007, 06:52 PM

cliff notes plz.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:32 PM

it's rough. the author makes a very strong case that atractive women use sex to control men. sounds normal enough, but the way it is written is frightening. and the really scary part comes when you get past your emotional response and realize that he isn't lying or making anything up.

he foremost blames men for letting women treat them badly. thinking that if they are nice and take care of them, the good-will will come back to them.

he talks about media fairytales, women lying to themselves about how they act like whores, failure of feminism, women who get what they want and still complain/are miserable. in the end, he asks for women to not play these games. be up front about what you are doing. if you want a rich guy then say so. dont pretend that you are a good girl and that there are "no good guys left." realize that a mature woman will meet a partner in the middle, instead of with holding sex to get her way. he fantasizes about a woman who will be upfront, communicate clearly. the opposite of "what's wrong- nothing" and she ends up sitting there pouting. she would go out, have a good time, not being a princess, not expect guys to pay for everything, enjoy sex in a healthy way, speak her mind, not play games and most of all, not go out with a guy, have him pay for a bunch of stuff and ditch him. there is also a section about how an enlightened woman can realize how stupid it is to be attracted to bad boys and abusers only to come back later and complain about them. basically, stop being hypocritical.

of course there are exceptions and the rare nice girl is out there. that's really great for the few who find them.
Old 01-23-2007, 07:40 PM

ya well the same shitt can be said about men.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Banned

people aren't perfect, you could right a book about what's wrong with them, film at 11 :/
Old 01-23-2007, 09:05 PM

i have no intention of insulting you, but explain how that applies to men.

when was the last time you paid for a date or spent money to stop a guy from complaining?
Old 01-23-2007, 09:56 PM

I have to agree with the cliff notes, it's all a game. I would consider myself a nice guy, I go out and treat girls with the utmost respect, but wait, that really doesn't work, cause if it did, my ex and i would still be together going on 5 years. It's sad that it's blatenly true you can't be "nice" to a girl, but yet when you're not nice you get shitblasted. You can't win, to nice the girl "loses" interest says it's not fun or whatever, you treat her like shit, she leaves you. It's all a game, of balencing the two, but the right formula is probably impossible to find, and never will be found.

edit: though no offense to you rubyrashel, you are right the same goes for guys, but a guy is much more straightforward than a girl most of the time, and the type of guy's that use them and lose them, are pretty easy to read, a girl on the other hand i believe is not.

And if you are a straightforward girl, nice, not evil, lol then that's awesome, too bad there are a very few of that type out there.
Old 01-23-2007, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by dyhppy,Jan 24 2007, 01:05 AM
i have no intention of insulting you, but explain how that applies to men.

when was the last time you paid for a date or spent money to stop a guy from complaining?
hahaha, as sayrice02 stated, maybe it has something to do with where I live,

my last date:

We go hang out at this place, Billiard club, have some drinks, he gets some snacks, play some pool, a really relaxed time. Bill come, 95 dollars, I pay.

Naturally I pay for my shit. But Im not going to ask you to split it, you decide if you will pay your half.

He let me pay, and we left, kind of like he expected it, idk, maybe because he was cute he deserved it??? anyways, he basically told me friend, who told me that hes looking for a ****kkk buddy. W/e. I tell him, look, Im not what your looking for, and after he tries to convince me to sleep with him (I could bore you with his reasons) he finally says (I could have banged you if I really wanted to).

ok, back to his house where we met to drop me off, tries to get me to go upstairs, umm no.

oh wait, the time before that!

we go out with my friends, he keeps on ordering shots of patron, guess who's broke and needs to get spotted a few. I pay his gd tab..

so after that last date, He still called me, but I ignored, how do you expect to tell a girl this crap about how you could have banged you, and expect her to return your phone calls? I think the fact he had a supra made him feel superior.

Quick Reply: book talk: sexploitation by matt fitzgerald