Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Is this bad? or just wrong?

Old 12-02-2006 | 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by VTEC_Junkie,Dec 2 2006, 11:19 AM
my advice is to give a few insurance companies a call and get a few quotes. rates can vary quite significantly amongst different companies.
This might be a good plan too but i would have my mom call because i will be on a plan with her that would make it cheaper, then being by myself right?
Old 12-02-2006 | 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by FRODO,Dec 2 2006, 11:20 AM
This might be a good plan too but i would have my mom call because i will be on a plan with her that would make it cheaper, then being by myself right?
not necessarily. the thing with getting insurance together with your mom is that she will be charged a rate and you will be charged a rate. although your rate, if you were to get insurance alone, would be more than the your portion of the rate when joint with your mom, the total rate (yours and your moms) may or may not be less than the rate they will charge you if you were to get insurance solely under you name.
Old 12-02-2006 | 11:07 AM

damn 160?? mine was 250 a month... in phx, there were quite a few S's getting wrecked, stolen and the fact we're like top 10 city to have a car stolen doesnt help... I wish mine was 160
Old 12-02-2006 | 12:10 PM

Oooh, you got a ticket? When I was your age I was an "assigned risk," something like six speeding tickets in one year! Paying more for insurance than car payments is nature's way of slowing you down. Get over it, in about three years the insurance companies will too.
Old 12-02-2006 | 03:18 PM

Thank god i only have one ticket on record and it will be gone in less then two years. I am going to call a few insurance companies monday and see what they say. Thanks for the advice/suggestions.
Old 12-02-2006 | 09:33 PM

Bump for some suggestions.
Old 12-02-2006 | 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by FRODO,Dec 2 2006, 09:58 AM
Ok heres the deal my insurance is in my moms name so i am no where on the plan.
If you're not covered by insurance, what would happen if you got into an accident? What is the purpose of even buying insurance if you're not covered (besides providing proof if you get pulled over)?
Old 12-02-2006 | 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by kumainu,Dec 2 2006, 11:03 PM
If you're not covered by insurance, what would happen if you got into an accident? What is the purpose of even buying insurance if you're not covered (besides providing proof if you get pulled over)?
That is the problem...i am sure they would deny me any coverage...This is why i am thinking about buying a 96-00 hatch till those points come off my record then buying an S. I will be out of college and be making the big money then.
Old 12-04-2006 | 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by FRODO,Dec 3 2006, 02:28 AM
That is the problem...i am sure they would deny me any coverage...This is why i am thinking about buying a 96-00 hatch till those points come off my record then buying an S. I will be out of college and be making the big money then.
I thought you meant you had your moms name on the policy and you were a secondary driver. If you are not covered at all, THIS IS REALLY REALLY BAD! Imagine if you get into an accident, the car is totaled, and then what? I guess theoretically you could even get another ticket for driving without insurance. This will be a MUCH bigger headache than those speeding points you have, and you will get MUCH higher rates.

Get this taken care of ASAP.

Btw, congrats on almost finishing college, it will make these things easier later on
Old 12-04-2006 | 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Jsmply,Dec 4 2006, 08:50 AM
I thought you meant you had your moms name on the policy and you were a secondary driver. If you are not covered at all, THIS IS REALLY REALLY BAD! Imagine if you get into an accident, the car is totaled, and then what? I guess theoretically you could even get another ticket for driving without insurance. This will be a MUCH bigger headache than those speeding points you have, and you will get MUCH higher rates.

Get this taken care of ASAP.

Btw, congrats on almost finishing college, it will make these things easier later on
Yes that is my greatest fear...me totally my car and the insurance company laughing in my face...not cool. I think i am just going to sell the EP and buy a cheaper civic and when i get out of college in 2.5 years then look into a sports car like the S. To risky and i dont feel like paying more for my insurance then my car payment right now.

Quick Reply: Is this bad? or just wrong?