Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Automatic Transmission

Old 07-08-2012 | 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Automatic Transmission

So when I was learning how to drive a while back I was a bit rough on the family car. Now I try to keep an eye on the transmission. The car had seemed to be in a stopped position but there was still some rotation going on & when set on park the car would jerk front & back. It happened about 4 times in total & even till now I wonder if the transmission has taken serious damage from that. Its my moms car & I'd be hoping to fix the trans soon if something may be wrong with it. The car drives fine & does all shifts from speeds fine. No creaks or jerks while driving. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2012 | 10:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dafaq did i just read....

how about info on car...make, model, trim, etc...also a better description would be helpful of the issue...
Old 07-08-2012 | 10:57 AM

Sorry man mobile right now. The car is a 2007 Toyota Corolla CE. All it was was when driving & the car is slowed down quickly & put into park. The car swings back & forth in a rough fashion.
Old 07-08-2012 | 11:37 AM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

So you jammed the car into park while still moving? For God sakes do not buy an S2000 if you haven't already.
Old 07-08-2012 | 11:44 AM

No I didn't jammed it. Or else I would've felt the gears grind but the car swayed back & forth since I stopped quickly & put it into park right after I stopped. I'm just wondering if there would be substantial damage to the gears if there was some sort of damage. Like I said this was when I was learning. I try to baby that car now after how dumb I was when I learned. I just want to know to possibly get some of the gears fixed when able to. Also to keep in mind that if any problems are going to arise later in the cars life. Personally I want to fix my moms own car if anything would be wrong with it before I get mine since it was my fault when I was learning.
Old 07-08-2012 | 01:45 PM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Received 1,293 Likes on 998 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark355
So you jammed the car into park while still moving? For God sakes do not buy an S2000 if you haven't already.
Old 07-08-2012 | 01:49 PM

if you didn't break the park pawl i wouldn't worry about it those things are quite tough for their small design normally. If you would have broken it you would know as you would be describing an actual complaint not an oops...did i f@#k up mommies car??? does it feel ok now? or not i still can not understand from you being "mobile" get to a computer and finish a rational thought please
Old 07-08-2012 | 02:00 PM

Yeah naw that was when I was learning man that it actually happened. That was almost 3 years ago. I'm just focused on getting that fixed like I said before I get my own car. Still ill be sure to finish my rational thought next time & get to a computer.
Old 07-08-2012 | 06:29 PM

unless the vehicle has exhibited any issues nothing happened, people do that all the time i hear people slam it into park all the time at work and hear the grind from the parking gear and 99.9% of the time nothing happens i wouldn't worry about it unless its not staying in park or the shift selection you put it in.
Old 07-09-2012 | 08:54 AM
Banned

God, I feel retarded trying to decipher what you are trying to say... seriously feel dizzy and I cant eat now. Thanks a lot

Quick Reply: Automatic Transmission