Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

anyone regret having kids

Old 05-04-2009, 11:44 PM
d.h

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To the OP, I'm not sure if you're asking this question as in terms of already had kids, or going to have kids.

If you're going to have kids....

If you heard of the term, "If you have to ask the price, then it's probably too much for you."....then it's the best way I can think of to answer your question.

If you don't know the answer why (normal)people have kids or if you know you don't want kids, then you shouldn't have kids.....or at least you're not ready. Trust me, you will know when the moment comes. Now being too late is another issue entirely. You shouldn't ask people about this. And to people who are replying....don't give him your answer. It's a big life decision. I don't want to see anyone end up on the breaking news about killing their wife/gf and all their kids. I mean this forum give advice/opinion on relationship at best. As far as having kids,...thats a human life we're talking about. You can't break up with your kids when it doesn't work out. They are forever part of your life and your legacy as some put it.

I wouldn't go as far as saying that it was offensive when I saw your post, but kind of irritated. Offensive is when I see people that have no idea the true meaning of having kids. They just pop out kids like cheetos or something. They just pop out kids to put strain on taxpayers. I see a lot of that in low income families where they have more kids than all the classes above them. The right question would probably be..."Should I have kids when I'm young?"....or something of that nature. But this is just my opinion, so treat it anyway you like. (I don't mean to offend anyone either)

If you already have kids and are asking if you regret it....

then you have a problem!!!! A real parents never regret having kids. It only happen to people who can't handle real responsibility.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^interesting.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by d.h,May 5 2009, 02:44 AM
Offensive is when I see people that have no idea the true meaning of having kids. They just pop out kids like cheetos or something. They just pop out kids to put strain on taxpayers. I see a lot of that in low income families where they have more kids than all the classes above them.
That's what bothers me, so many people who have children are not at all qualified to be parents. I see it all the time around here, a couple people who have very little money and not much more education having kids, and those kids are always raising hell because their parents either don't know how to discipline them, or simply don't care. I've always said that it's ironic that parenting is one of the hardest jobs in the world, yet there's no test to make sure people who want to be parents are actually qualified to have children.

Do I think I'm qualified to be a parent? Honestly, I'm not sure. That's why I'm not planning on having kids.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:43 AM

[QUOTE=d.h,May 5 2009, 01:44 AM]If you heard of the term, "If you have to ask the price, then it's probably too much for you."....then it's the best way I can think of to answer your question.

If you don't know the answer why (normal)people have kids or if you know you don't want kids, then you shouldn't have kids.....or at least you're not ready.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:11 PM
Banned

Having kids is great, but dude, all I gotta say is make sure its with the right girl...
Old 05-05-2009, 04:11 PM

you have to have a license to drive.
you have to have a license to cut hair.
you have to have a license to tattoo (at least the public).
you have to have a license to handle food.
you have to have a license to serve alcohol.
the list goes on and on...

you DO NOT have to have any screening at all to have a kid.

what a ****ed up country/world we live in
Old 05-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DCIdevil,May 5 2009, 04:11 PM

100%

also, to elaborate on my earlier post... a woman could completely ruin (as so a guy could too) the complete experience of having/ raising a child....

I have a few cousins that haven't even been able to spend a bday with his daughters cause of his ****ed up ex....

Just make sure its with the right girl (has her priorities set ETC...)
Old 05-05-2009, 04:52 PM

Received 234 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by DCIdevil,May 5 2009, 06:11 PM

All of those are business/state income related. They're about making money more than anything.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:56 PM

yes but, you still have to meet certain criteria is my point.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:07 PM
d.h

Originally Posted by dyhppy,May 5 2009, 04:29 AM
^interesting.
Glad it helped. And for being a good sport on my reply. I was afraid of upsetting some people because I know they're people who can't handle it.

Quick Reply: anyone regret having kids