Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

anyone regret having kids

Old 05-04-2009, 12:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wickerbill,May 4 2009, 08:55 AM
How do you get stuck still paying child support when your children are all adults?
Until recently, (and of course during my divorce) Children were not considered adults in the state of Indiana for the purposes of Child support until the age of 23.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:56 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Angelus1243,May 4 2009, 03:08 PM
Like hammerhead, I'm only 24 but having children is also nowhere in my future plans. I decided a few years ago that I'm just not the parenting type. I don't even like dealing with all the bs when raising a puppy, so why would I put myself through even more with a child? And as "selfish" as some ppl say it is, I would rather spend my hard earned money on ME. I work damn hard for my money, I may as well spend it on toys for me. And if I feel I'm too immature/selfish/stupid to raise a child well, wouldn't it be MORE selfish of me to bring a child into this world?

A lot of ppl say I'll change my mind someday, god I hope they're wrong.
Your only 24, give it 10 years or so
Old 05-04-2009, 01:21 PM

I don't have any kids. Many of my friends do though. I know a few of them are jealous, because they told me, that my wife and I have decided not to have kids. It is a personal decision that we have made together. Some of our other friends have taken it badly, like we were insulting them and their choice to have kids. I feel that if you want kids, and can provide for them, that you should have them and love them. If you don't want kids, take the necessary precautions.

As for regretting kids or anything: It does no good.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rustywave,May 4 2009, 12:36 AM
i'm actually really looking forward to having kids, so i can pass on my genes, knowledge, and other assorted awesomeness. just not right now.

also, i don't remember seeing a dyhppy thread in a long time.
on all counts.

I am getting married later this year and would like to have kids within 3 years (I only ask for one son since I want to have the same bond with him that I have with my dad). It helps that everyone we know that has children who are our age are very happy. I respect the opinion of those couples who don't want to have kids, but I myself couldn't imagine not having them, expensive as they may be .
Old 05-04-2009, 04:16 PM

<never wanted kids, never wants kids.
Have no desire whatsoever, don't even like holding or looking at babies/kids.
Don't like hearing them whine, and can't stand to hear them cry.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:32 PM

for those of you who hasn't had kids but want them because you want a "mini-me"...not gonna happen dudes. i've got 2 boys ages 4 and 2, and any fantasies about having 2 boys that are like me have been tossed out of the window long ago. they do look like me from various angles, but neither are me or even a 50% copy of me or myself at their age. there are aspects of their still nascent personalities that i love, there are aspects that i absolutely know is from my wife's side of the family , but they are their own persons, and all i can do is provide them with the best opportunities and strong values & morals (not in the evangelical way, just a disclaimer) that my parents offered me.

do i regret having kids? yes, sometimes when i'm so mad at them for breaking my laptop, my digital camera, my DVD player, and hiding my things from where i usually leave them after a thousand times of telling them not to. i'm sure there will be further heartaches and anger towards my kids for doing the wrong things, but that's because they are my kids and i only want them to be good people making proper decisions in their actions.

i'll also agree with another poster that i have to take responsibility for their well being and therefore buying new toys is now pending my budget - i did get the porsche (my wife's birthday present for me ) but that's because it fits in the budget...however that turbo kit to get the cayman to 450WHP...well that's gotta wait for a few years...or never.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:34 PM

oh, and a further comment: after having kids i've became much more emotional when reading about someone else's child dying or seeing another child in pain or in trouble - call it instinct but it boils my blood to read about child molesters and child killers these days. when i was younger that's just crime & statistics, now it's...somehow more personal.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by rustywave,May 3 2009, 11:36 PM
i'm actually really looking forward to having kids, so i can pass on my genes, knowledge, and other assorted awesomeness.
That made me laugh so hard.

I'm 23 and kids arent anywhere on my radar either. I finally got my business off the ground. I've got a mortgage to pay and so many other things I want to accomplish. At this point in life, I couldnt handle it. I would embrace it if it happened but I'm still climbing. Unfortunately I cant deal with any distractions. I can barely hold a relationship. I keep hearing blind ambition will leave me lonely. I dont think so. My biological clock isnt exactly ticking.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not regret having my daughter, although there are those times that I wish I could put a muzzle on her. She just turned a year on the 29 of April and has been teething and she has an ear infection from what we found out today so the last couple of days she has not been good at all (lot of crying and screaming). Also my daughter has had issues with her feet since she was born and has been in casts for most of her life. Every time they re-cast its a whole new experience with a couple of days without sleep. Even then I still do not regret it. I could not imagine what the past year would have been like without her.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by DCIdevil,May 4 2009, 05:16 PM
<never wanted kids, never wants kids.
Have no desire whatsoever, don't even like holding or looking at babies/kids.
Don't like hearing them whine, and can't stand to hear them cry.

I regret having relatives who have kids stay over for Thanksgiving weekend.

Quick Reply: anyone regret having kids