Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Anyone ever drive a PT Cruiser?

Old 09-22-2001, 01:37 PM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Anyone ever drive a PT Cruiser?

My buddy needed someone to drive his PT Cruiser (it is covered in freakin "REMAX" stickers to boot) back to his house today.... so....

After i got on the interstate, I floored it for 2+ miles and got 103mph out of it.... my gawd that was awfull!!! How can anyone stand to drive a car that only goes 103mph, and takes a lifetime to get there???

----Scot
Old 09-22-2001, 02:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to rent a Volvo S80 last month on a trip along the coast of Maine and ended up with a PT cruiser rental instead. First, when I pulled up to the airport my wife told me I looked like Hermann Munster and second, that thing was sooooo sloooowwww, it seemed to take forever to get on an expressway, especially in New England where the ramps are so short. The only positive was that the car caused so much interest that we met alot of nice people who asked us about the car. Sometimes I wonder why car companies use their cars in a rental fleet, because once you drive one you wouldn't want to own one.
And another thing, even though I finally got the rental for the same price as the S80, they had wanted $59.00 a day more for the PT than the Volvo.
Old 09-22-2001, 03:00 PM

Dogman, I think Scot was referring to the top speed i.e. 103mph for the PT cruiser, not fuel economy
Old 09-22-2001, 03:02 PM

Drove my brothers PT, did not like the car at all. He liked it so much that he traded it in after 6 months - baught a van.
Old 09-22-2001, 07:03 PM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

Yes, 103mph, not 103mpg or 103 miles per tank.... I never really care about gas mileage...just top speed. At least there is not carbon in that awfull thing!

Scot

Originally posted by Moneeb
Dogman, I think Scot was referring to the top speed i.e. 103mph for the PT cruiser, not fuel economy
Old 09-22-2001, 07:17 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Just ordered one for my wife. She just loved it when we test drove it. It's the only vehicle of this class that can be had in a standard transmission. She refuses to drive an automatic, hates SUV's & true station wagons, needs more than a car. The inside of this thing is what sold her. It has the versatility she wants and needs. She doesn't need to go anywhere faster than the law permits. And for the record, only about 15% of the PT is Neon related. Of course, you wouldn't think that a car like a PT would rate very well on a forum like this where most people here live for speed or the promise of it. Then again, on the PT forum, those people don't think much of Hondas either. They, too, are just as fanatical about their PT's as we are about the S2000. Different strokes............
For those who think the S2000 is still a drag car, watch out for a few that are built in Vancouver and some from California. They've got big hp V8's in 'em & converted to RWD. They can't touch you in the twisties but from one stop light to the next, they'll smoke ya.
Old 09-22-2001, 08:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]Just ordered one for my wife.
Old 09-23-2001, 01:26 AM

I've driven a neon.. its pretty much the same thing.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=21548
Old 09-23-2001, 07:16 AM

Duh...

I'll delete my record of stupidity...

That'll teach me to do this when on a call with the Japanese.

Vince
Old 09-24-2001, 06:16 AM

Read the Sig. Its a great car for what it is. Loaded for under 20k (When we bought it) , 5 speed available...of course that's what we have. Very practical..and did I mention its under 20K??
The auto is a slug though, very tall gears for fuel economy. We've seen 300 miles on a tank of gas on trips.
Has pretty good handling with the touring suspension..again for what it is..a gussied up neon station wagon. (In Chrysler's model Line up)

Test drove the CRV.. dead boring styling, dead boring to drive. RAV4 ... small and over priced. Nothing else at the time was even close in the price range...again...its under 20k.

Top speed...who cares we have other cars for that.
If the WRX wagon was out then, we probably would have that, instead of 4 cars.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever drive a PT Cruiser?