Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.
View Poll Results: Anyone actually go into a movie theatres anymore?
Yes! Movies are made to be seen in theatres!
26.19%
Yes! And if I like it I buy the DVD as well!
40.48%
Nah, I usually wait for the DVD...
33.33%
Movies? What is that?
0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Anyone actually go into a movie theatres anymore?

Old 04-13-2003 | 05:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i can never forget the "ritual" factor of the movie thetres.

like, say, matrix or star wars,
nothing beats people all shouting and screaming in joy when neo becomes "the one"
or yoda flipping around with light saber.
givinf high- fives with total strangers and
sharing the same excitement with people, sorta becoming a group of fan, is sometimes
nice feeling.

so, yes, i still go to movies.
Old 04-13-2003 | 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heh, ya, I know what you mean, some movies can become like an event if they are the big one's like Star Wars, LOTR, Matrix, etc... I remember like 5 years ago when Phantom Menace came out, my friends and I made such a big deal of being first in line... pretty pointless if you were to ask me now, but back then it was a big accomplishment...
Old 04-13-2003 | 06:13 PM

Originally posted by EvoVII
I usually go to the movies like once every 2 weeks, I like the feel of watching a movie in a movie theater, especially since I don't have a DVD player (sold my PS2), and the movie experience is also cool if u have a big one near you... In terms of price, ya, it's expensive, but I'd spend that much if I did something else, and you could cut down on the costs by not getting food there (big rip-off), going to matinees, or going on tuesdays...

Great points. Ever since I been in college I had to cut back on popcorn and drinks and going early... it's well worth it... in fact I see more students doing it as well lol
Old 04-13-2003 | 07:26 PM

haha ya, same here, it's hard being a student with all your other expenses, and you can always smuggle in food if you need to munch on something during the movie..
Old 04-13-2003 | 08:22 PM

I almost go see a new movie in theaters every week with my girlfriend. Thats because we have no life and no where else to go.
Old 04-13-2003 | 08:29 PM

I wait until it's on Paper View. I've got 30 Paper View channels, and they're all free (illegal satellite hook up )
Old 04-13-2003 | 09:36 PM

Originally posted by EvoVII
In terms of price, ya, it's expensive, but I'd spend that much if I did something else, and you could cut down on the costs by not getting food there (big rip-off), going to matinees, or going on tuesdays...

I have days free, so I go. Pay $6, if I feel like splurging, I get the large nachos. Sure some movies you need the crowds, the "feeling" of the movies, but unless I spend $100,000 in one of those dream home theaters I don't think DVD is the same. And if I like it, I still buy the DVD.
Old 04-14-2003 | 10:54 AM

Yeah, but movies like "Sweet Home Alabama" or "Legally Blond" (yes, my wife and I are fans of Reese Witherspoon) - do you REALLY need a big screen and all to see?

I agree that stuff like the Matrix and such requires a movie theatre, but how many movies qualifies for that treatment in a year?
Old 04-14-2003 | 11:02 AM

i agree with all those that say that certain movies require a theater experience. i'll definitely be there on may 15 to see the matrix 2 in the theater. otherwise i usually DL the movie and watch it on my computer or rent it.
Old 04-14-2003 | 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BUT...there are movies that I want to see and can't wait for the dvd release.

ie... Matrix Reloaded/Revolutions, X2

Quick Reply: Anyone actually go into a movie theatres anymore?