Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Any way I can get a clean driving record?

Old 09-11-2008 | 11:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any way I can get a clean driving record?

Last night I have received my 5th moving violation in 10 months. While I'm not in danger of losing my license quite yet, I would like to find a way of getting a clean driving record. Currently I have a Michigan drivers license.

Here are some thoughts that came to mind:

1. Get a drivers license in another state, where I can get mail at a friend or relative's place. Let's say I pick Texas for example. Would my record carry over?

2. Get a Canadian driver's license. Would they even give me one? Would I be able to get a clean record?

3. I'm a Romanian citizen. Could I fly back to Romania, get a driver's license there, and use it over here? That would come with a clean driving record, correct?

Any other ideas?
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:02 PM

Received 39 Likes on 16 Posts

stop driving like an asshat?

Get a honda Fit. Even though people think they are faster than a C6 vette, they are extremely slow

get better at bribing people?

get a good lawyer?

do you have any friend who work at the DMV?

get better at outrunning the cops?

why would Canada give you a license?
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure about getting a license in Romania but I know most European countries it costs thousands of dollars. I had a ticket + accident in another state when I had a drivers license there and when I went to another state, my insurance didn't pick it up on the DMV record.

***disclaimer*** your experience may differ.

How about not driving like a moron though?
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:05 PM

Your record will follow you and setting up a false address might be considered fraud. You Romanian plan wil be fine until you get stopped again and your name comes up. Giving them the Romanian license will come back with where' s you're Michigan license? By which time you could be facing felony charges and a free one way ticket back to Romania.
Want a clean record? Slow down for the next seven years.
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree with others about not driving like a moron.

But i also know some states offer advanced drivers ed classes where they take off points on your licence
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:06 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

You are most likely screwed and have to drive your way out of it.

Another state, unless they are complete screwups, will ask for your current license to link to a new one when you sign up.

Are they all speeding?

In MN if you get three speeding tickets inside of I think it is two years you get a suspended license. Happened to my dad. He had one ticket in MN then went on a driving vacation to Cali and got two out of state tickets on the way.

Not sure what the law is in MI but here as far as infractions against license and insurance can only look at a three year window.
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:16 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

fraud
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:16 PM

I'm warning our government about you. Stay out of Canada!! All we're good for is healthcare and drivers' licenses eh??

FYI someone I know had a DUI in another province in Canada, then moved out here and the DUI never transferred, which didn't make sense to me since I had to get a drivers abstract from my old province to insure a car out here. From other individuals who had the same experience as her, one went back and his DUI went poof into thin air!
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyCB,Sep 11 2008, 01:16 PM
eh??
Que?
Old 09-11-2008 | 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Currahee474,Sep 11 2008, 02:19 PM
Que?
Huh?

Quick Reply: Any way I can get a clean driving record?