Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

am i the only one who knows that the

Old 08-16-2007 | 12:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

again, the problem here is courtesy. it's not your job to decide why billy badass is speeding. it's up to you to think "hey, obviously i'm holding this guy up, so i should move over. period."
i'm not someone who acts like a jerk on the road. i'm the one who when my friends ride with me, they bitch at me if i don't honk at someone who's doing something moronic. 9 times out of 10 if the guy slower than me in the left lane hasn't moved by the time i get to him, then i'll go around him in the other lane. it just pisses me off that i consider other people on the road while you do not. i'll get over it though. people aren't labeled jerks because they're likely to be considerate.
Old 08-16-2007 | 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by GroovyNeilNeil,Aug 16 2007, 12:20 PM
Good thing you're in NC, because I'd love to see you try this.
bring it
Old 08-16-2007 | 12:31 PM
Banned

It's not very courteous of you to expect me to move out of the lane I'm in just because you think where you have to go is more important than were I have to go!

I'm not the speed police. I don't try to moderate how fast people go. If someone flies by me going 100 I'll give them a :thumbsup:
But I will not move for you. I don't know you. I don't care about you. I don't owe you anything. Why would I do you a favor? I'm not a nice person and I know it. I'm not courteous and I know it. You should expect nothing from strangers. If you do, you're only setting yourself up for disapointment.

If YOU want to go fast, do so without bothering me or anybody else in the process. YOU speeding is YOUR business, not mine.

I owe you nothing.
Old 08-16-2007 | 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by GroovyNeilNeil,Aug 16 2007, 12:31 PM
But I will not move for you. I don't know you. I don't care about you. I don't owe you anything. Why would I do you a favor? I'm not a nice person and I know it. I'm not courteous and I know it. You should expect nothing from strangers. If you do, you're only setting yourself up for disapointment.
you are a credit to the human race. congrats
Old 08-16-2007 | 12:41 PM
Banned

I WIN AMIRITE?!?ONE1
Old 08-16-2007 | 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rustyshackleford001,Aug 16 2007, 12:33 PM
You guys are just a bunch of road rage freaks. You don't understand that when people like me see people like you blowing your stack while driving, we laugh at you.

Now, on to the topic at hand. Here's an undeniable truth: If you drive, you do so at your own risk. This applies to everyone, even you hotheads who think the left lane was built just for you. If you want to do 80 or 90, don't get mad at others ahead of you who prefer 75. The problem is with you, not them. A choice of speed on your part does not constitute an obligation on their part. Grow up and accept the fact that you can't always drive the speed you want.

Other drivers back me up in the left lane all the time. I can't do anything about it. The fact is that they're there, and getting angry and self-righteous won't change it.
can't speak for the others, but i personally don't have road rage. i'm pretty sure road rage is the term for what happens when people throw things at cars, make obscene gestures, etc. does that mean i don't ever get annoyed at drivers who think they're alone on the road? of course not. i'm guessing you have also gotten annoyed at someone on the road. if you have been paying any attention on here, you saw that i said i was annoyed the other night and wanted to see what others thought about the situation. some of you folks are having the hardest time grasping the concept of this thread; it's not that hard. take a quick count though, and notice how many people disagree that the left lane should be used for passing, and you'll come up with what, 2 people? maybe 3. i should just close this thread.

assholes, you know who you are. and when the rest of us come up behind you and you refuse to move over into an empty right lane, then we know who you are too. great. life's not about getting rid of the assholes. but if i can identify them and stay as far away from them as i can, then i will.