Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

am i the only one who knows that the

Old 08-16-2007 | 11:43 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000raj,Aug 16 2007, 11:32 AM
Instead of doing all that, why not be aware of the vehicle closing in on you and move over to the right so that it can pass safely and then go back to the left lane? Seems safer to me.
I travel pretty much on a three lane highway for 100 miles of my trip. Often times, while I'm going 80, I'll be passing all the cars in the middle lane. So when I see Mister badass in their suv and or truck coming up on me, I don't have the option to move over unless I want to slow down, or speed up. I will fack up your car if you get on my bumper, honk, or flash your lights. I don't care what kind of car you're in, what race your are, or your age.

Also, on the road I travel on, the speed limit varies from 60-65. I'm already going 15-20 over the speed limit. Why don't ya'll just slow down? Like where YOU have to go is so much more important than were I have to go. Ya'll should really get over yourselves and quit speeding so much for god sakes.
Old 08-16-2007 | 11:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GroovyNeilNeil,Aug 16 2007, 01:28 PM
What about if I'm going 80 in the fast lane and there's a car going 90 flying up behind me. They start flashing their lights and crap, and I give them a nice hand gesture, obviously.

There's a lot of assholes who think the left lane is a free for all lane. Guess what, it's not. If I'm already speeding and you take it upon yourself to fly up on my bumper acting like you own the road, I'm going to drop it into 3rd gear and get on your ass and flash my lights while my hand is out the window flipping you off. Then I'll pass your ass, get in front of you, and slow down to 40 and not allow you to pass while I throw pennies out of my car trying to ruin your paint job. You better hope to god I don't have a bottle or can of some sort, because I will aim it at your windshield.
That's because you're an ass.

The same policy applies whether you're doing 15mph over the speed limit or 5mph under. If you're not actively passing someone, you shouldn't be in the left lane.

These types of responses are typical of fat, lazy, selfish American thought processes. They're too lazy to pay attention to the traffic around them, and too selfish to move over and yield the left lane to faster moving traffic. (The fat part I just through in there because, well... it's generally true). They want to just get into the cruising lane and ignore everybody else on their road while they carry on their cellphone conversation, rather than focussing on their driving and the traffic around them. I've driven in the UK, and it's amazing how smoothly traffic flows there, even though there are frequently trucks driving 10mph under the speed limit. They drive in the "slow lane" (which is the left lane there, because they're bass ackwards). Cars that need to pass them, move over one lane to pass, and then get right back into the slow lane when the pass is complete. No one cruises in the passing lane(s). And stuff moves much more smoothly. It's just too bad that fat, lazy, selfish Americans can't do the same.
Old 08-16-2007 | 11:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Also, on the road I travel on, the speed limit varies from 60-65. I'm already going 15-20 over the speed limit. Why don't ya'll just slow down? Like where YOU have to go is so much more important than were I have to go. Ya'll should really get over yourselves and quit speeding so much for god sakes.
This from a guy who's doing 15-20 over while acting like they own the left lane.
Old 08-16-2007 | 11:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GroovyNeilNeil,Aug 16 2007, 01:43 PM
I will fack up your car if you get on my bumper, honk, or flash your lights.
I hate to wish bad things on an S2000, but karma's a b!tch. I hope you get what's coming to you. I wouldn't feel sad at all if you come out to your car someday and it's got 4 slashed tires, a slashed top, slashed seats, and someone's keyed "**** you" in the side of your car.

Because honestly, no matter how aggressively or inconsiderately someone is driving, that doesn't give you the right to damage their vehicle.
Old 08-16-2007 | 11:52 AM

btw, if you throw pennies at my car, then rest assured i'm going to spin you out, drag you out of your car, and whip your ass
Old 08-16-2007 | 11:55 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by my2ks2k,Aug 16 2007, 11:40 AM
if you're checking your rearview every 7 seconds like we all ought to (obviously no one does that, but it should be a habit to regularly check your mirrors),
I do. I always know what vehicles are around me and their relative speed compared to me, as well as the type of vehicle to try to judge the possibility of a bad driver in them.
Old 08-16-2007 | 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i won't read any of the rants or arguments

All I know is that the far left lane is a fast lane. BUT when i'm driving 80mph on any of LA freeways, i aint gonna move to the right lane. Tailgate me all you want... i aint moving for your ass.
Old 08-16-2007 | 12:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Station,Aug 16 2007, 11:49 AM
This from a guy who's doing 15-20 over while acting like they own the left lane.
I don't act like I own the left lane. If I'm speeding and the car in front of me isn't, then I just signal on, change lanes, speed up, signal on change lanes. It's not difficult. Just because I want to break the law doesn't mean that I should be a dick to the person who isn't breaking the law in the left lane.

There aren't any posted signs saying anything about left lane being for passing only where I live. I've never heard of anyone getting that sort of ticket driving on 45 and 35.

I don't talk on my cell phone, and I'm very vigilant while driving. I've never been in a wreck (that I've caused) in my life and I've only had one ticket (for speeding).

You can lie to yourself all day and pretend that I want to "own the road" - but in the end it's all of our road. If a guy has their hazards on I'll do everything I can do get over for them just in case they really do have an emergency. But Mister Billy Baddass who just wants to go 30 over will get no sympathy from me. Nor will he get me to move over a lane. All he'll get is an imprint of abe lincoln in his fender, or a slurpee across his windshield.
Old 08-16-2007 | 12:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by problem_child,Aug 16 2007, 12:01 PM
All I know is that the far left lane is a fast lane. BUT when i'm driving 80mph on any of LA freeways, i aint gonna move to the right lane. Tailgate me all you want... i aint moving for your ass.
QFMFT
Old 08-16-2007 | 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by my2ks2k,Aug 16 2007, 11:52 AM
btw, if you throw pennies at my car, then rest assured i'm going to spin you out, drag you out of your car, and whip your ass
Good thing you're in NC, because I'd love to see you try this.

Quick Reply: am i the only one who knows that the