Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

am i the only one who knows that the

Old 08-15-2007 | 10:42 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bluegas68,Aug 15 2007, 10:33 AM

I realize it's for trucks, but it is different lane speeds posted for a specific situation
Nice one.... that should shut him up..

In the "GOOD OL USA"...

Open mouth....insert foot.
Old 08-15-2007 | 10:42 AM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Living here in DFW, it's apparent that most Hispanics aren't aware of this 'left lane for passing' law (or courtesy rule).

I'm teaching them one at a time.
Old 08-15-2007 | 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Aug 15 2007, 10:42 AM
Living here in DFW, it's apparent that most Hispanics aren't aware of this 'left lane for passing' law (or courtesy rule).

I'm teaching them one at a time.
um...that's awesome? for liability's sake i don't necessarily want to know your teaching methods....lol
Old 08-15-2007 | 10:59 AM

Most of the actual laws, I'm sure, vary state to state on this.

I used to get very upset, but I don't think that the "left lane for passing" works in metropolitan areas, especially with the amount of cars on the road.

I would like to see it in practice, of course, more often, or perhaps a computer model of it in action in the city but....

As far as on the interstate or more rural areas: two lane roads, mountain roads, people tend to get over more. A lot more.

On the streets, or long suburban roads this practice is not followed and people pass on the right before I have a chance to move over.

I don't know if your post mentioned it, but there are a few drivers out here (I haven't seen it, only on the news) that have MOVE OVER stickers with an arrow pointing to the right lane. It's mirrored, so that people can read it in their rear view. Kinda funny.

And one time I saw a license plate with these 4 symbols:

3VOM
Old 08-15-2007 | 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by IheartS2ks,Aug 15 2007, 10:59 AM
Most of the actual laws, I'm sure, vary state to state on this.

I used to get very upset, but I don't think that the "left lane for passing" works in metropolitan areas, especially with the amount of cars on the road.

I would like to see it in practice, of course, more often, or perhaps a computer model of it in action in the city but....

As far as on the interstate or more rural areas: two lane roads, mountain roads, people tend to get over more. A lot more.

On the streets, or long suburban roads this practice is not followed and people pass on the right before I have a chance to move over.

I don't know if your post mentioned it, but there are a few drivers out here (I haven't seen it, only on the news) that have MOVE OVER stickers with an arrow pointing to the right lane. It's mirrored, so that people can read it in their rear view. Kinda funny.

And one time I saw a license plate with these 4 symbols:

3VOM
i gotta get some of those stickers...actually what i really want is an exterior LED sign that's programmable from the inside....so i can say what i want on the fly
Old 08-15-2007 | 12:00 PM

This is a huge pet peeve of mine.

EDIT: I especially think it's funny when they get have to get passed on the right by a line of 6 or 7 consecutive cars before they realize how dumb they are and finally move over AFTER everyone has already overtaken them.
Old 08-15-2007 | 12:17 PM

Received 427 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by my2ks2k,Aug 15 2007, 11:09 AM
actually what i really want is an exterior LED sign that's programmable from the inside....so i can say what i want on the fly
I've debated developing a scrolling LED sign that can be mounted from the inside of your back window. You can pre-program your favorite 10 or 20 sayings and recall them with a simple push of a button that you could mount to your center console.

The reason I held off on developing it is the legal liability of putting out something that could cause an accident or cause someone to get shot.
Old 08-15-2007 | 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by QUIKAG,Aug 15 2007, 12:17 PM
I've debated developing a scrolling LED sign that can be mounted from the inside of your back window. You can pre-program your favorite 10 or 20 sayings and recall them with a simple push of a button that you could mount to your center console.

The reason I held off on developing it is the legal liability of putting out something that could cause an accident or cause someone to get shot.
you have got to let me know if/when you come up with this!!
Old 08-15-2007 | 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildncrazy,Aug 15 2007, 11:32 AM
Just because you are speeding doesn't make it the normal rate of traffic therefore my not moving over isn't an infraction.
Actually, (on every interstate that I know of in Texas) if you are not passing a vehicle yet you're driving in the left lane, you're breaking the law. There are posted signs stating "Left Lane is for Passing Only". And according to state law, you must obey posted signs.

I don't think that anybody is arguing that they have the 'right' to speed in the left lane. What they're stating is that if you are in the left lane, and you're in their way, then you'd better be passing someone. And you should do it in a timely manner and then get out of the left lane. Seems simple enough to me.

Oh, and thanks to GPMike for the wiper fluid idea. That's brilliant! I'm almost looking forward to using it!
Old 08-15-2007 | 12:26 PM

http://www.roadragecards.com/

Quick Reply: am i the only one who knows that the