Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

am i the only one who knows that the

Old 08-15-2007 | 09:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's why you get in front of that bastard and drive even slower to show how much of a prick he is. Do on to others as you would want them to do on to you. lol
Old 08-15-2007 | 09:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gosixers215,Aug 15 2007, 09:15 AM
It's like the golden shower of driving
LOL! For sure....my 98 Audi A4 was awesome for this....it had the headlight washers too and damn if that thing didn't leave a tsunami of washer fluid behind me.....LOL. It was the only thing I liked about that POS.
Old 08-15-2007 | 09:23 AM

ok either you can't read, or are playing (solo, i might add) devil's advocate for the hell of it. i'm sorry you got a ticket, but you know what? if you're doing 65 in the left lane and i'm doing 76 coming up behind you, you need to move. we aren't talking about a cop doing 65 in the right lane (which i think we all know HP does whatever speed they like.) we're talking about common sense, courtesy, and, as i've posted 3 times now, THE LAW. please learn to read.

"Slow Moving Vehicles -
If you are driving on a multi-lane road and find that many cars are passing you on the right, you should move into the right lane and allow traffic to pass you on the left.

Here's the law:

Any vehicle which is going slower than the normal speed of traffic must be driven in the right-hand lane or at the right hand side of the road, unless it is passing traffic moving in the same direction or preparing for a left turn.
Old 08-15-2007 | 09:24 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u spent 138 plus the cost of the course b/c you failed to realize the left lane is the PASSING LANE not your "private fast track"
Old 08-15-2007 | 09:30 AM

No one is saying that it is legal to go faster in the left lane. What they are saying is SLOWER MOVING TRAFFIC is supposed to stay right. Dont believe me? Drive in the mountains of West Virginia or Virginia. I make the trip from Ohio to North Carolina about twice a month, and I promise you there are signs telling slower traffic to stay right.

The left lane does not have a higher speed limit yet it is reserved for passing. Maybe the state you live in has different laws than others. I think the posted state laws above should make you realize that it may be this way in other places.

For instance in Ohio I know people who have gotten tickets for passing on the right. So if you can't pass on the right (for safety) then where would you pass? I'm going to say the left lane. So since I may get a ticket for passing someone in the right lane, I would be mad at someone hanging out in the left lane.

Furthermore, just because I am passing someone in the left lane, that does not mean that I am breaking the law and mad at someone for following the law. There have been times that I am following the posted speed limit and someone is in the left lane going below the speed limit.
Old 08-15-2007 | 09:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=my2ks2k,Aug 15 2007, 11:23 AM] ok either you can't read, or are playing (solo, i might add) devil's advocate for the hell of it. i'm sorry you got a ticket, but you know what? if you're doing 65 in the left lane and i'm doing 76 coming up behind you, you need to move. we aren't talking about a cop doing 65 in the right lane (which i think we all know HP does whatever speed they like.) we're talking about common sense, courtesy, and, as i've posted 3 times now, THE LAW. please learn to read.

"Slow Moving Vehicles -
If you are driving on a multi-lane road and find that many cars are passing you on the right, you should move into the right lane and allow traffic to pass you on the left.

Here's the law:

Any vehicle which is going slower than the normal speed of traffic must be driven in the right-hand lane or at the right hand side of the road, unless it is passing traffic moving in the same direction or preparing for a left turn.
Old 08-15-2007 | 09:35 AM

if it meant "posted speed limit, that's what it would say. instead, it says "normal speed of traffic." -translation: the speed at which traffic is moving. if the posted speed limit is 55, and traffic moves at an average of 62 all day every day, then what would you say is the normal speed of traffic?
Old 08-15-2007 | 09:43 AM
Former Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT

LEAD, FOLLOW, OR GET THE F'K OUT OF THE WAY.
Old 08-15-2007 | 10:24 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildncrazy,Aug 15 2007, 09:32 AM
Just because you are speeding doesn't make it the normal rate of traffic therefore my not moving over isn't an infraction.

Argue all you want it doesn't change the facts.
Unless you going to post that you admit that you are one of the people that cruise the left lane because you think you are a traffic cop.... quit playing traffic lawyer.... you deserve the ticket you got and will get, your one of those drivers that thinks the world revolves around you and an everyones wrong but you. Get over yourself....

Your quote in your sig explains it all.... "I".... "I".....
Old 08-15-2007 | 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by Wildncrazy,Aug 15 2007, 10:50 AM
Legally there is no difference in lane speeds. The speed limit is the speed limit for ALL lanes of traffic.

I just said that legally there is no such thing as a fast lane or a left passing lane.

Do your research and just see if you can find any where and any how in the good ol' USA where there is a lane speed difference. You won't be able to.

I realize it's for trucks, but it is different lane speeds posted for a specific situation

Quick Reply: am i the only one who knows that the