New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Yet ANOTHER UPSTATE chat thread!

Old 12-18-2014, 04:22 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Hidden door looks cool Jeff.

Marc - way to go. If one of you holds down a secure position the other can take chances. A lot of couples I know do that, with one spouse holding down a state or federal job and the other working the private sector. Glad to hear Sarah is doing well in her career
Old 12-18-2014, 04:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Ouch!

I wonder if Harry will be getting a big party, a lifetime supply of Twinkies, Medicare and Social Security all at the same time. A Red Banner day if ever there was one!
In today's corporate world, no big parties from the company, no gold watch, no big pension plan, etc. It is kind of like quiting. At least if I was fired or laid off I would get something. I will probably do consulting and tech work for them on a part time basis. I am in soooo much better shape then most when it come to retirement, I have nothing to complain about. Just enjoy and get healthier!!!!

Oh yes, all the doughnuts I can eat!!

HA!rry
Old 12-18-2014, 05:13 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Jeff:
Hidden door has just a spring loaded ball bearing and dished striker plate that acts only as a detent. There is no latch currently, but I'm thinking of going to TJ Maxx or HomeGoods and getting one of those big fake books, adding a hinge to the bottom of it, and connecting with a little cable a tilt-the-book latch. Until I get motivated again, I'm just going to relax with the fam for a bit !

Old 12-18-2014, 08:15 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Ouch!

One advantage to being self employed is that you are free from the vagaries of management.

One disadvantage is that you can't can yourself so easily.

I was hoping to get a pinkslip, but since another year has flown by with me not able to live within my means, it is looking that I will have to keep working.
As I think about it and as I grow towards my vintage years, I feel the desire to break free of my shackles and work for myself. Not belonging to a profession, I am pondering what I could do to earn a living.

Where I am, I will always have a paycheck as long as the company is in the black. I need a challenge though. Need to upset the status quo.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:17 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Bugsy
Hey Jeff:
Hidden door has just a spring loaded ball bearing and dished striker plate that acts only as a detent. There is no latch currently, but I'm thinking of going to TJ Maxx or HomeGoods and getting one of those big fake books, adding a hinge to the bottom of it, and connecting with a little cable a tilt-the-book latch. Until I get motivated again, I'm just going to relax with the fam for a bit !
I like the idea of the books. All very secret agent like
Old 12-18-2014, 01:36 PM

Received 212 Likes on 183 Posts

Aashish - a new career in Underwater Welding!

https://www.diversinstitute.edu/prog...water-welding/
Old 12-18-2014, 02:00 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Aashish - a new career in Underwater Welding!

https://www.diversinstitute.edu/prog...water-welding/
My two fears - Fire & water. I even hesitate to go into pools.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:17 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Couple trapped in a keyless entry equipped Mazda 3 for 13 hours. Lucky that people noticed and rescued them. While we take tech for granted, I guess an effort needs to be made to ensure those that are vulnerable are educated in its use.

The husband and wife had just bought their nice new Mazda 3 hatch, and this was their first car with a keyless entry system. When they got in their car, they happened to have left their owner's manual inside the house, and left the proximity key fob outside the car.3

Not really being familiar with keyless entry systems, they both sort of panicked and made some of the worst possible assumptions imaginable. They convinced themselves that without the key, they couldn't exit the car. They tried honking the horn, but as it was Guy Fawkes night, there were lots of fireworks and other noise that kept them from getting noticed.4

Then they tried smashing the window with the jack. I guess it's good they didn't resort to cannibalism after the first three hours.
Old 12-18-2014, 02:21 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

I'm happy about the Cigars, but what will normalized relations with the US, do to Cuba's car culture??

I know that back home, liberalization spawned a bunch of newer and safer models for sale. But car culture and the older cars live on, in the hands of dedicated collectors. Maybe the 50's cars will become a rarer sight on Cuba's streets in about 5-10 years.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:44 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

TGIF - 3 more work days to Christmas after today

Quick Reply: Yet ANOTHER UPSTATE chat thread!