New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Yet ANOTHER UPSTATE chat thread!

Old 11-04-2014, 01:58 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

^ thanks Mark. The question is will I have space in the garage.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:03 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Mazda reveals spec Miata of my dreams at SEMA. The Mazda MX-5 Cup will also come with its own global series with the same name. <----Click that link for more pics.

Mazda says their Global MX-5 Cup cars will be sold in "ready to race" form from a single supplier. Other than that, they released few details on the specs of the car, except to say it will be powered by a 2.0-liter SkyActiv four-cylinder engine, much like the street car. Final details will be released next year when Mazda is ready to start taking orders for them.
Old 11-04-2014, 02:37 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Lamborghini Urraco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCvx9y4cuzE
Old 11-04-2014, 04:46 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

If you watched all the F1 coverage, the guy in the Senna helmet featured on Kelli Stavast's segment on Halloween in Austin, is a member on here. Check out his post on ARD

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/110...t__p__23393898
Old 11-05-2014, 05:16 AM

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

To all of you who have already put away your S2000 for the winter:

Drove in to work this morning, top-down of course
Old 11-05-2014, 05:27 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

^ good for you

I'll never drive the S to where I work again. Unless I find a job that has secured and covered parking. Besides my car is obnoxious for street driving with the hawk pads on it.
Old 11-05-2014, 05:37 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Blinking brake lights - I think I understand why.

I've posted here before about blinking brake lights. Seen them on track on modern cars under braking. Also on Top Gear and Chris Harris videos. The lights blink under braking which is kind of cool.

So at the last track day, Lee Carpentier, the class instructor and pro driver was saying modern ABS systems have gotten so good that you will never feel the pulsing that typically accompanies abs engagement. He said most drivers don't realize they were engaging abs until they look at data.

That leads me to think, maybe those blinking brake lights are a result of abs engaging as these cars are under hard braking. I could be wrong too. I'd think the brake light switch would be connected to the brake pedal. ABS or not, if the brake pedal is pushed down then the light comes on and goes off once the foot is off of the brake pedal.

Any of you know more about this or care to "mythbust"? I am curious. Is it just an illusion or is there a reason those lights blink
Old 11-05-2014, 05:44 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
To all of you who have already put away your S2000 for the winter:

Drove in to work this morning, top-down of course
I buffed and polished the S on Sunday. Tank topped off. Stabil. Waxed it last night. Fluid change and interior detail tonight. Done for the season.

I rode the VFR today.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:38 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
Blinking brake lights - I think I understand why.

I've posted here before about blinking brake lights. Seen them on track on modern cars under braking. Also on Top Gear and Chris Harris videos. The lights blink under braking which is kind of cool.

So at the last track day, Lee Carpentier, the class instructor and pro driver was saying modern ABS systems have gotten so good that you will never feel the pulsing that typically accompanies abs engagement. He said most drivers don't realize they were engaging abs until they look at data.

That leads me to think, maybe those blinking brake lights are a result of abs engaging as these cars are under hard braking. I could be wrong too. I'd think the brake light switch would be connected to the brake pedal. ABS or not, if the brake pedal is pushed down then the light comes on and goes off once the foot is off of the brake pedal.

Any of you know more about this or care to "mythbust"? I am curious. Is it just an illusion or is there a reason those lights blink
I don't have anything to go on but my gut here but I would think your supposition about heavy braking might be spot on. I have no evidence but don't recall modern 911 or the like blinking on the highway, but definitely have seen it on track too. Thinking that maybe the blinking is to "wake up" the following drivers who have become so used to the regular brake lights, similar to those flashing MC headlights? I remember when the third brake light came on the scene I couldn't miss them for a couple of years, now I only notice when one is missing/not working!
Old 11-05-2014, 01:08 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

onlin motorsport content
http://autoweek.com/article/racing/s...n=awdailydrive

Quick Reply: Yet ANOTHER UPSTATE chat thread!