New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Yet ANOTHER UPSTATE chat thread!

Old 05-26-2015, 02:12 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Ran out of car shampoo and detailer as I was wiping off the car after the drive. Luckily I had the waterless car wash from Griot's garage to finish up the cleaning process.

I sort of liked the Poorboys World Spray And Wipe detailer I purchased at Lime Rock maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I checked Amazon to see if they had it. They were out of that on Amazon as well as on the PW website. The replacement product they had featured very mixed reviews. There were people that liked it and people that hated the effort it took. Supposedly leaves behind streaks that need to be buffed out. So I went with Griot's Speed Shine and also ordered a car wash liquid from Griot's. Speed Shine, I know is not favored by many, but I've been happy using it in the past. I bought a gallon sized container, so I guess it will last me a really long time.

But I am curious, what detailer spray do you use? What have you had good results with? My car is not perfect, but I like to think whatever little I do detailing wise helps it look presentable.
Old 05-26-2015, 02:28 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Still a Zaino Brothers guy...
Old 05-26-2015, 02:47 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

^ by far the best finish I've seen. Someday I'll go the seven step route.
Old 05-26-2015, 03:17 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Honda S600 hotrod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsbfzmPCYX4
Old 05-26-2015, 06:57 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
Honda S600 hotrod
DO WANT!
Old 05-26-2015, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A2, check out Optimum Instant Detailer. I suggest you buy it by the 32oz bottle as it's a concentrate in that size, and ends up making a gallon of detail spray. It's works good, ends up being cheap, and smells fantastic (bubblegum). I have been using that for the past 5yrs or so, but with that being said I have been using it much less lately. I decided to try Ultima Waterless Wash Plus and it's amazing. Also comes in concentrate form, and smells great too (green freeze pop). I think you would like the Ultima better as it would be a direct replacement to your Poorboys spray and wipe. Both of those products are also designed for waterless wash use, so they offer more lubrication and cleaning power than your typical detail spray. I have used the Poorboys and can personally guarantee you the Ultima blows it away.

If you are in the buying mood, I highly suggest you also pick yourself up some Optimum Car Wax. It's a spray wax that can be used as a stand alone wax since it actually has respectable durability. It's very easy to use, can be used in direct sunlight, doesn't streak, smells like tropical paradise, and leaves a fantastic shine. I use that after my regular washes to boost my existing wax/sealant. I don't suggest it as a standalone, but if you apply it once every couple weeks you wouldn't need anything else. But on top of anything else it just adds to the gloss and slickness. Great product.

As far as car wash goes, I don't do many traditional washes anymore. I'm usually using Optimum Rinseless Wash. But if and when I do use the traditional method, good old Meguiars Gold Class is still one of the best for the money.

I could go on and on about this stuff, anymore questions A2 just ask away!
Old 05-26-2015, 07:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bugsy
Still a Zaino Brothers guy...
I absolutely love their Z16 tire shine. Smells so good I wanna drink it lol. Was one of the first water based tire dressing on the market, great stuff still to this day. I also still enjoy their Z8 spray wax, another fantastic smelling product that works just as good as it smells!
Old 05-27-2015, 02:57 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Thanks Aric. That's a ton of info right there. I'll definitely have to save it for future reference. You are the man
Old 05-27-2015, 05:20 AM

Received 212 Likes on 183 Posts

Prison: I was trying to find Levi's old stomping grounds.

Boat battery: Yes.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:04 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

^^^From Sears you needed to head due west about 18 miles.
Levi

Quick Reply: Yet ANOTHER UPSTATE chat thread!