New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Yet ANOTHER UPSTATE chat thread!

Old 05-21-2015, 07:16 AM

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by jondaram
Originally Posted by gerry100' timestamp='1432177857' post='23620024
"$12,000 up front" really?

Game over. Good bye
Guys, this is my car and although 12k I agree might be a bit high, I am negotiable and you have to start somewhere right?

I think what no one is taking into consideration is as A 2 pointed out, this car was maintained maliciously by my mechanic at the Subaru dealership.

I "bumped" into his grandmother as she was walking across the street, but thanks to her severe osteoporosis she turned into dust and didn't even leave a scratch in the bumper. Ever since then, every bit of work he's done on the car, down to the $900 oil changes I paid up front for, has been completed with the utmost maliciousness. IMHO, that certainly adds some value. Shoot me an offer if you're interested.
Not commenting on the amount but maybe the way you've proposed it.

If "up front" is interpreted to mean you get $12k before the buyer gets the goods you'll only get interest from fools.

Also - unless you've got a wrench with a real bad attitude I think you meant maintained " meticulously"
Old 05-21-2015, 07:35 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by gerry100
Originally Posted by jondaram' timestamp='1432214416' post='23620340
[quote name='gerry100' timestamp='1432177857' post='23620024']
"$12,000 up front" really?

Game over. Good bye
Guys, this is my car and although 12k I agree might be a bit high, I am negotiable and you have to start somewhere right?

I think what no one is taking into consideration is as A 2 pointed out, this car was maintained maliciously by my mechanic at the Subaru dealership.

I "bumped" into his grandmother as she was walking across the street, but thanks to her severe osteoporosis she turned into dust and didn't even leave a scratch in the bumper. Ever since then, every bit of work he's done on the car, down to the $900 oil changes I paid up front for, has been completed with the utmost maliciousness. IMHO, that certainly adds some value. Shoot me an offer if you're interested.
Not commenting on the amount but maybe the way you've proposed it.

If "up front" is interpreted to mean you get $12k before the buyer gets the goods you'll only get interest from fools.

Also - unless you've got a wrench with a real bad attitude I think you meant maintained " meticulously"
[/quote]
Old 05-21-2015, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Problem with a lot of HDPEs these days is the increased power and driver nanny's now available. Little skill or experience needed to drive the latter day BMWs, Vette's, Porsches etc very fast.

Started to get a handle on how to drive my old 911 at speed, but with 207hp I was becoming a speed bump for the Checkbook Schumi's.

I've heard that some Orgs are addressing this by dividing run groups etc.

An AP1 or to some extent AP2s are falling back towards my 911. Good news is that a low powered car forces you to develop old style, pure driving skills. ( like when we could leave our homes in the snow without 4wd and live to tell about it)

Perhaps because I've always been a person of limited means, I have never had any interest in high priced, high performance cars - cars that I couldn't afford, or even drive to potential even if I could afford them. (What good is 400 or 600 HP when you can only go 65 on the highway?) Nor have I ever wanted a thick coupon book of scheduled car payments. So my aspirations have tended to the lower priced, perhaps rickety form of sports car.

I've seen the Porsche guys at the track's driver's club - the arrive and drive set for the most part - and I haven't had one twinge of jealousy. After a tad, just driving laps must get boring so I actually feel a bit sorry for them. I'd rather squeeze what I can out of the MGA, race head to head with my Nemesis and come off the track happy that I am still alive.

Now of course, I like to do a track day with the S2000 now and again. Use the S the way it was intended. But since my car is stock, my goals and aspirations are a bit different. I don't need to race around the track like a maniac. As long as I can keep Aashish in sight - well back in my rear view mirror - I'm a happy man.

No mater how I slice it, I'm happy driving slow cars fast.
+1

Any fool can step on the gas and let the software handle it.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:57 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Gotta admit, Jon's post had me doing a double take too.

No worries on account of missing that Gerry & Gilly. You were not the only ones

I laughed though once I realized he was playing us.
Old 05-21-2015, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by A 2

Same here. He "trolled" us pretty well.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:39 AM

Received 705 Likes on 411 Posts

i see the irony in your avatar.... conedodge.... but cone has been hit... its ironic. i get it.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Gilly_S2KFreak
i see the irony in your avatar.... conedodge.... but cone has been hit... its ironic. i get it.
I strive to be a conedodger, but more often than not, I come up short.
Old 05-21-2015, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by A 2

Show some respect, I'm a nigerian prince
Old 05-21-2015, 10:43 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

^ hahaha.... Good one
Old 05-21-2015, 11:05 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gerry100
Originally Posted by blueosprey90' timestamp='1432208864' post='23620255
Problem with a lot of HDPEs these days is the increased power and driver nanny's now available. Little skill or experience needed to drive the latter day BMWs, Vette's, Porsches etc very fast.

Started to get a handle on how to drive my old 911 at speed, but with 207hp I was becoming a speed bump for the Checkbook Schumi's.

I've heard that some Orgs are addressing this by dividing run groups etc.

An AP1 or to some extent AP2s are falling back towards my 911. Good news is that a low powered car forces you to develop old style, pure driving skills. ( like when we could leave our homes in the snow without 4wd and live to tell about it)

Perhaps because I've always been a person of limited means, I have never had any interest in high priced, high performance cars - cars that I couldn't afford, or even drive to potential even if I could afford them. (What good is 400 or 600 HP when you can only go 65 on the highway?) Nor have I ever wanted a thick coupon book of scheduled car payments. So my aspirations have tended to the lower priced, perhaps rickety form of sports car.

I've seen the Porsche guys at the track's driver's club - the arrive and drive set for the most part - and I haven't had one twinge of jealousy. After a tad, just driving laps must get boring so I actually feel a bit sorry for them. I'd rather squeeze what I can out of the MGA, race head to head with my Nemesis and come off the track happy that I am still alive.

Now of course, I like to do a track day with the S2000 now and again. Use the S the way it was intended. But since my car is stock, my goals and aspirations are a bit different. I don't need to race around the track like a maniac. As long as I can keep Aashish in sight - well back in my rear view mirror - I'm a happy man.

No mater how I slice it, I'm happy driving slow cars fast.
+1

Any fool can step on the gas and let the software handle it.
You'd be surprised!! The internet is fool of vids of the many who can't so are track days I go to!

Quick Reply: Yet ANOTHER UPSTATE chat thread!