New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Yet ANOTHER UPSTATE chat thread!

Old 03-18-2015, 05:43 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Another day in paradise today. Sigh...

Old 03-18-2015, 05:48 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

That sucks Jeff! I can see about 1/3 of my lawn now.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:51 AM

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

With still about 2 feet of snow on the ground, the sand, salt and road pieces scattered everywhere and all the potholes, I don't see my S coming out before the end of next month.

Last year, I already had it out by now.
Old 03-18-2015, 07:17 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Why do we live in the North East again?

Bet I'll have a different state of mind in 2 months time.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:33 AM

Received 212 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
One of the oldest VW Dealerships in America is shutting down. If I'm not mistaken this is in the neighborhood where Disgruntled sow his oats.

Yes, that is right up the road from Disgruntled's abode. It looks almost the same. Just the gas station pumps are gone and something has been added behind the buildings. Disgruntled's friend Nancy bought a Rabbit there in 1972 when her '65 Mustang was smooshed beyond repair in pileup involving 4 parked cars.

But that was before Disgruntled's own parked car mishap. Joe had passed away and the funeral was over. The family remains came over to his spinster sister's house for a gathering to remember Joe and perhaps say a few unpleasant things about him. Out of the whole family, Joe had been the only one who had been nice to Disgruntled.

As per usual, Disgruntled came home and parked his car out on the street. He didn't know anything about the post funeral party at the spinster's house. She would never dain to invite him to a party at her house anyway!

So Disgruntled's inside for a couple of hours, when he hears a loud crash down the street. He goes out to see what happened and sees that his car had rolled down the hill and crashed into the bathroom of the spinster house.

Well, all hell broke loose because the spinster lady had been sitting on the toilet at the moment of impact. Calls to 911 went out. Before Disgruntled could even get down there, police with sirens blaring were arriving. As the dust settled, so to speak, neighbors were suppressing laughter while the spinster lady was insisting on Disguntled's arrest. It looked like he would be led away in cuffs until the policeman saw that the car was still in park. So Disgruntled skated out of the arms of the law on that one!

But that was on Saturday evening. The spinster lady must have worked the phones all day Sunday, because on Monday morning town crews came and installed a I-95 type steel guardrail in front of her house to prevent future attacks by Disgruntled on her bathroom. Then on Tuesday, the Traffic Authority came by and posted "No Parking or Standing - Disgruntled this means you!" signs right at the spot where Disgruntled Publicus liked to park.

A sad story indeed as the whole incident had a dramatic impact on Disgruntled. At first he bought a replacement car and asked a lady to park it in her yard since he had lost his parking spot. He drove it for a while, but eventually less and less, and the car has now been sitting there for about 8 years and probably qualifies for a "ran when parked" photo. The spinster lady shunned him when he waived as she drove by. That hurt his feelings. Gradually he retreated into himself, took to drink and drugs to ease the pain. Essentially, he became a hobbit, staying in the basement, or on the floor in the corner, or under my desk at work.

I guess deep down inside, Disgruntled felt responsible for interrupting the spinster lady's "movement". Perhaps, if he had been arrested and paid his debt to society with the long prison term that the spinster wanted for him, his Sin would be expiated and he would return to "normal".
Old 03-18-2015, 12:12 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

^ that was a great post

Tell him he can park his car at my house anytime he wants to.

And Nancy drove a 65 Mustang
Old 03-18-2015, 12:35 PM

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by A 2
POTHOLES!!! - a topic on S2K Talk.

Did not pay much heed to it. The route I take to work is pockmarked and cratered in a certain narrow area of downtown. But that is the norm there. Frequent water main breaks and the like. Today I took another route. Co-worker wanted a ride to a Nissan dealership and I volunteered. As I drove along, I realized that the state of the roads is terrible. I was zigzagging where possible when there was no traffic to avoid bottoming out. The shoulder on several roads had disintegrated and pebble and gravel stood in place of a solid shoulder. Makes me regret that I signed up for a track day in April and wondering how the roads to Lime Rock are.

How bad or good are the roads around where you live? I need to check and see how some of the roads I use for the S2000 are at some point. I fear we are in for a long road repair season. Maybe it is time for me to purchase a Toyota 4 Runner.
They're bad around me, wouldn't consider driving my S2k on them like this, using the FJCruiser for most trips lately.

Things will improve when the ground thaws more evenly. We'll still have lots of potholes.

Irony is, I actually hope for my road to heave and bust up because it slows down/decreases thru traffic. Town did too good of a job on it a few years ago so it will take a while.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:45 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

This is rather funny - Hummer H1 versus the original Mini

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVHr3bCwD2g
Old 03-18-2015, 06:50 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

This is definitely the region for me. I take road craters really well.
Old 03-19-2015, 05:53 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

^ I hear you also have a talent for washed out bridges

Quick Reply: Yet ANOTHER UPSTATE chat thread!