New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Yet ANOTHER UPSTATE chat thread!

Old 03-12-2015, 02:12 PM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

^^^Sounds like the Miata is going to make you appreciate your S even more, still a good car to get your "top down" fix.
Levi
Old 03-12-2015, 03:07 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Last few episodes of Top Gear to be cancelled as well. Too bad considering this season was shaping up to be one of the best.

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-31828184
Old 03-12-2015, 11:54 PM

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
^^^Sounds like the Miata is going to make you appreciate your S even more, still a good car to get your "top down" fix.
Levi
It has been highly appreciated from the first year. Went out looking for a replacement for my Buick, daily mule, and wanted rwd, 2dr and top down car if at all possible. Looked at Miata’s first but got such a run around. They didn’t want to find me a car I liked just sell what they had on the lot. So I looked elsewhere and was ready to spring for a corvette or even settle for a 2dr fwd if necessary. Stopped in at Honda just as they were shutting the doors. The sales manager showed me the only 2dr accord they had and asked what I have been looking at before. I tell, he says have you seen an S2000. Well one drive told me twice the car for just a little more money. What a bargain! Removed the Buick from the road and replaced it with the Honda. When fall came I couldn’t bring myself to put snows on it so the Buick which I had been too lazy to sell went back on the road.
After reading this I know you are asking yourself. How could he possibly give up an image car like the Buick for a Honda? Sometimes you just got to let go of image.

Old men drive Buicks. That is just been the way of things but sometimes you have to break with tradition.
Old 03-13-2015, 12:09 AM

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I remember seeing them around in the 60s. The 2liter ones were fast. What was exciting was when the first 240z s showed up. I went to look at them in teh show room, no money of course being a student, and the sales guy said all they were getting were spoken for. Old friend, ridding buddy, still has one of the first ones. His parents bought it for his sister and he got it when she moved to Porsche. Don't think he has had it on the road at all from about 1974 or 1975. Sits there in his garage under a cover. We would look at it sometimes when working on the dirt bikes. I thnk itsits because it's an auto trans. Besides he had a pantera to play with. They are interesting. When you reach 100mph the windsield wipers pop up a bit. LOL Supprised me when I drove it fast.
Old 03-13-2015, 02:45 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Riche
Originally Posted by NNY S2k' timestamp='1426198348' post='23537919
Levi
It has been highly appreciated from the first year. Went out looking for a replacement for my Buick, daily mule, and wanted rwd, 2dr and top down car if at all possible. Looked at Miata’s first but got such a run around. They didn’t want to find me a car I liked just sell what they had on the lot. So I looked elsewhere and was ready to spring for a corvette or even settle for a 2dr fwd if necessary. Stopped in at Honda just as they were shutting the doors. The sales manager showed me the only 2dr accord they had and asked what I have been looking at before. I tell, he says have you seen an S2000. Well one drive told me twice the car for just a little more money. What a bargain! Removed the Buick from the road and replaced it with the Honda. When fall came I couldn’t bring myself to put snows on it so the Buick which I had been too lazy to sell went back on the road.
After reading this I know you are asking yourself. How could he possibly give up an image car like the Buick for a Honda? Sometimes you just got to let go of image.

Old men drive Buicks. That is just been the way of things but sometimes you have to break with tradition.

Great post Rich. Made for a good read. Yeah that S2000 has something about it
Old 03-13-2015, 01:27 PM

Received 212 Likes on 183 Posts

I can barely walk now!
Old 03-13-2015, 03:59 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Old 03-14-2015, 06:27 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Gene Gene the Dancing Machine!

4/25/1932-3/9/2015

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuJHKVQ2kLA
Old 03-14-2015, 12:57 PM

Received 212 Likes on 183 Posts

I went to Circuit de Mt. Tremblant to have a look see. Surprised that I was able to drive in. Under a lot of snow. Could not see much, but my try to plan a trip if I can figure out when the vintage cars are running. I think it may be closer than VIR.
Old 03-14-2015, 03:19 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
I went to Circuit de Mt. Tremblant to have a look see. Surprised that I was able to drive in. Under a lot of snow. Could not see much, but my try to plan a trip if I can figure out when the vintage cars are running. I think it may be closer than VIR.
I've always wanted to visit the Canadian tracks. Greg and Paul speak very highly of them.

Hope you are having fun. Ski trip I presume??

Quick Reply: Yet ANOTHER UPSTATE chat thread!