New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Who else is loving this wonderful weather?

Old 11-04-2008, 09:52 AM

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Who else is loving this wonderful weather?

I am so happy that I no longer store my S2000 over 4 hours away in the winters. I've been finding any excuse to drive around today, and I'll likely be driving it for the remainder of the week by the looks of things.

Usually by this point in the season, I'd put it away thinking there would be few, if any, nice days remaining. It has been sunny all day here and the day started this morning when I drove off to the polls at 6am in 50+ degree weather with the top down

Anyone here put their S away too early this year?
Old 11-04-2008, 11:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nope, my baby still needs a home for the winter

Did not drive today but had a great walk! Perfect sweater sweater.

Making the drive to my nearest bank branch tomorrow. Supposed to be 60 and sunny again. Sounds like a perfect top down day.

Saw some wussy guy in a Toyota MR2 with the top AND windows up a couple minutes ago... why did he buy a convertible
Old 11-04-2008, 06:48 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine's still out and about and I'll be driving it up to Glens Falls tomorrow afternoon to meet a DJ for the wedding. It needs a bath too.

This will probably be my last week/weekend to drive the car as the weather is looking more pleasant right now. But I have heard parts of I-90 and I-88 have been salted from the last or first snowfall already this season.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:04 PM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

They salted my hill during the last storm a week or two ago.... Worse than that, because the expectation that salt could be scarse and expensive, they mixed what salt that they did drop with mud and sand. A trip up my road is like a trip up a caustic Pikes Peak.

My S is getting the oil changed and will be put to bed this weekend.

See ya in April.
Until then, it's Element time.....
Old 11-04-2008, 08:06 PM

I put mine away this past weekend. Yeah, today's weather was perfect for top down. But it will snow and we'll see salt sooner or later. For me, I rather just get it done with rather than gamble with the weather.
Old 11-05-2008, 03:00 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I put mine away last weekend too. The autocross season is over. I still have the motorcycle out. Plan to ride it every day this week.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by S2KNFR,Nov 4 2008, 11:04 PM
Worse than that, because the expectation that salt could be scarse and expensive, they mixed what salt that they did drop with mud and sand. A trip up my road is like a trip up a caustic Pikes Peak.
Very normal for the Naples and Canadice and Bristol area, trust me I know all too well as the lower fender portions on the titan look like they have been sand blasted...
Old 11-05-2008, 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo,Nov 4 2008, 01:52 PM
Anyone here put their S away too early this year?
Not me baby!!!

I learned long ago, this time a year keep the car really clean and always fill it up when going home. My cars typically do not have their plates taken off of them until after the first salting. I have driven the S in mid December before because of that.

I too drove the S to work this morning, top down and a big smile on my face!

Too me putting the car away before the salt hits is just crazy, there is no way to know how long our Indian Summer will last around here. I remember several years ago I spent the entire Friday after Thanksgiving on the motorcycle, in jeans and a short sleeve shirt, which means it had to have been close to 80 degrees. I see putting drop tops away too early in the same way I see people closing up their cottages on Labor Day weekend - WHY? The coottage closers though are just plain stupid in my book, we all know we get beautiful weather in September. If I was paying for a cottage, I would enjoy it all the way through the fall.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:55 AM

Soon as I get laundry done I get to head to the bank... closest branch is about 10 miles away Guess which car I am taking?
Old 11-05-2008, 07:06 AM

All I know is come 5:00 I'm out of here!!!!!!
Might even have to take a 1/2 day tomorrow...

Quick Reply: Who else is loving this wonderful weather?