New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

When is everyone pulling the S back out?!

Old 04-25-2011, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My S is out of the body shop and back onto the highway! The best part is that the body shop did a great job of matching the paint. To their credit, they called last Thursday to say that they would not have the car ready as originally promised because of difficulty matching the paint, but the final result was well worth the wait and I'm pleased. I still have some of their overspray to correct, but it's in areas that aren't important and easily overlooked. I'm not complaining...
Old 04-25-2011, 10:50 AM

I would be willing to bet it will be nice this weekend - because I will be out of town and not taking the S

Color won't be a surprise next year - I'll be looking at the Fit all winter
Old 04-25-2011, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by riggit tony' timestamp='1303747396' post='20504696
Saturday or Sunday Drive time
Saturday yard work time...
Yep I hear ya there. My yard looks like hell! Going to have to spend one solid sunny day raking and getting the out door kitchen all turned back on and ready for BBQ by the pool.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Testut
My S is out of the body shop and back onto the highway! The best part is that the body shop did a great job of matching the paint. To their credit, they called last Thursday to say that they would not have the car ready as originally promised because of difficulty matching the paint, but the final result was well worth the wait and I'm pleased. I still have some of their overspray to correct, but it's in areas that aren't important and easily overlooked. I'm not complaining...
This is GREAT NEWS
I would love to know who did the work
I still need to get my hood repainted after Austin-Spencer f'ed it up so bad
Plus, I have always wanted a Veilside V1 Rear Spoiler, but I'll never buy one till I see someone make a great Spa match

CONGRATS SKIP!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Hope your forecast is right. Mine says 60% chance of rain Sunday. I like driving in the rain, but not sure how I feel about it in an open wheel car!
Maybe you should pack the VFR's rain gear
Old 04-26-2011, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by Testut' timestamp='1303755354' post='20505231
This is GREAT NEWS
I would love to know who did the work
I still need to get my hood repainted after Austin-Spencer f'ed it up so bad
Plus, I have always wanted a Veilside V1 Rear Spoiler, but I'll never buy one till I see someone make a great Spa match

CONGRATS SKIP!!!
The body shop was Wink's on West Court Street in Ithaca (For any locals, they're located in the old postal/Verizon garage). To make the blend they had to shoot far more area than I suspect they had originally planned and they let me know that it was not an easy task, but anyone who's read the Upstate forums knows that.