New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Vistiting Rochester - Hotel Suggestions

Old 09-03-2002, 08:11 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Vistiting Rochester - Hotel Suggestions

I will be in Rochester for next year's PGA Championship at Oak Hill. I'll be in town from Thursday Aug 14th thru Sunday Aug 17th.

I'm looking for recommendation on local hotels/resorts/B&B's. Cost will not be primary factor. I'm looking for convenience to the Oak Hill CC (southeast of Rochester). Downtown Rochester, Pittsford, East Rochester are all possibilities.

It sounds crazy looking a year in advance but many hotels are completely reserved thru tour operators and the PGA. I have called a few of the hotels which come back on Orbitz, Expedia, etc and haven't had much success.

If anybody has any recommendations, they would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-03-2002, 08:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I have added you to my date book for next year, maybe some of us local S2000 owners can get together with you some night for a few beverages.

Now as far as suggestions I have only one to offer right now. I don't often stay at a Hotel in my hometown. The reason I mention this one is location, it is downtown Pittsford so there is a variety of things to do within walking distance and it would be close to Oak Hill.

I'm sure you will get some more suggestions once the other Upstater's wake up from the long weekend...

Del Monte Lodge
41 North Main Street
Pittsford, NY
585-381-9900
Old 09-03-2002, 08:52 AM

Triple-H,

Thanks for the suggestion. The Del Monte Lodge seems like a real nice place, it was one of the first hotels I contacted. Unfortunately, it has been completely reserved for a group(s) . . . no individual reservation allowed.

It seems Del Monte is a big name in hospitality in Rochester. The women I spoke with mentioned Del Monte have 9 other properties in the area. Some may accept individual reservations. I have to call her back at the end of September to get further availability.

Regards,
Michael
Old 09-03-2002, 09:27 AM

Ok, how about this one? It is on East Ave near downtown.
Getting to Oak Hill would be rather simple, about all you would have to do is drive east on East Ave. If you wanted to go downtown all you would have to do is drive west on East Ave. You would be very close to the George Eastman House as an FYI. The restaurant at this place is clearly one of Rochester's best!

The Strathallan
550 East Avenue
Rochester, NY
585-461-5010
Old 09-03-2002, 10:06 AM

Triple-H,

Another good suggestion. Just called. They are also sold-out.

Maybe I should have booked the hotel before I purchased the tickets.

Thanks again.

Michael
Old 09-03-2002, 12:23 PM

Don't loose hope, I'll think of more, I'm rather picky so it is tough to meet all of the criteria...

And as you can see, all the other Upstater's are still asleep...
Old 09-03-2002, 01:21 PM

A favorite for our company is The Lodge at Woodcliffe. It's a bit further away (near the eastern 490/Thruway intersection). There's also the Brookwood Inn - looks nice and in the same area. BTW, both are an easy drive up RT96 to Oak Hill CC (10 minutes with no traffic).

The Lodge at Woodcliff
P.O. Box 22850
Rochester, NY 14692
(585) 381-4000
(800) 365-3065

Brookwood Inn
800 Pittsford-Victor Rd (Rt. 96)
Pittsford, NY
585-248-9000
Route I-490 Bushnell Basin Exit
Old 09-03-2002, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not from the rochester area but when we went away this summer I did a search on the net for bed & breakfasts in the area we were going to. Found a nice one... the price was compareable to a hotel and a gormet breakfast every morning. You might be able to book a room in one of the B&B's. Good luck.
Old 09-04-2002, 05:10 AM

Michael, if you are going to try the Woodcliff call and ask to speak with Pete McCrossen. He's a good buddy of Scott Perkins who I know through the BMW car club. Scott said he will take great care of you. Scott even said he believes the Woodcliff will have a shuttle going to and from Oak Hill.
Old 09-05-2002, 01:12 PM

jguerdat,
Thanks for the input on the hotels. I tried both . . . both sold out.

Triple- H,
You go straight to the top. McCrossen is the general manager of Woodcliff. I left a voicemail and 10 minutes later, one of his staff called me back. Unfortunately, all of their rooms are currently reserved. The women indicated that 90 days prior to the event, final room counts are due from the tour groups. If a room is available at that time, I'm at the top of the list.

Everyone,
I'm still looking. As vmoul indicated, I may have better luck with a B&B. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Michael

Quick Reply: Vistiting Rochester - Hotel Suggestions