New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate NY Sightings

Old 05-15-2009, 05:52 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe we should start a "welcome new members" thread? We seem to be getting alot lately!
Good idea Ellen.

Nice to meet you AllWorldLax. Sorry to hear about the story but to own something and yet honor that person's memory in it is a good feeling.

I feel the same way in honoring Hideki Tanabe, creator of "Powerhouse Amuse" exhausts and the like.

There should a few good meets this year and I'm sure you will some folks on here from time to time.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:55 AM

On another note, I believe it was DC2Nick I saw pulling in to Lyle's Hoagies on State St in Schenectady yesterday around 1:15 pm or so. That was me in the red Toyota Tacoma you pulled past to get a parking spot.

Small world, but big state.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:56 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Welcome allworldlax, you have a great year/color!
Levi
Old 05-15-2009, 11:13 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by AllWorldLax,May 15 2009, 04:33 AM
I have been reading the forum the last couple of days and I decided this was as good a place as any to introduce myself to the other members of the forum. I have had an 02 Suzuka Blue s2k for about a week now. It belonged to my father-in-law who recently passed away after a 4 year long bout with cancer. The s2k was his most prized possession, and he always took our two boys for rides in it. There was such strong sentimental attachment to the car there was no way we could sell it. I live in Greece and work in Fairport and though I won't be driving it every day all the Rochester folks are sure to see me out in it at some point.

Also though I might not recognize him if I saw him, I know Triple-H's car very well from doing GVC schools at the glen in an e36 M3. I have been driving with Genesee Valley for the last 4 years, and my father is an instructor with BMW CCA.

I just wanted to say hi, and that I can't wait to enjoy the summer in this wonderful car!
Welcome to the group. I am/We are glad that you chose to keep your FIL's memory alive by keeping the S. Great color too. We look forward to meeting you at our S2ki events.

I was at the HPDE organized by GVC BMW CCA this past weekend and a write-up is available at the link below. The website belongs to Tadashi (Ellen) who very generously offered to post it.

http://www.hondabeat.com/article_details.php?ID=135
Old 05-17-2009, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw TWO other S today - not the ones I did a drive with!!!

Last time with the NJ drive when we went thru Tuxedo NY we saw an S parked at a diner. Was there again today when we went thru so we stopped in for lunch!

I gave him s2ki.com and told him to say hi in Upstate and/or Metro. He works for his dad there pretty much every weekend. I asked his dad if he could have a weekend off sometime soon

The other S is the same Rio I believe that I have seen a couple times around here. On 17M just east of Middletown. This time I was FINALLY in my S!!! I tooted and waved. Driver had the top up and I could not really see if they even waved. Oh well. I keep trying
Old 05-18-2009, 04:06 AM

I passed by an AP2 Laguna Blue going down Balltown Rd or 146 leaving Niskayuna on Saturday. There were 2 people and the passenger waved with both hands in the air. The driver didn't see me until just as I passed. Nice color.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:51 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Think I saw Headchef. I was on Route 9 south of Saratoga on the ramp to 87 South, when I saw you in my mirrors, turned around to get a better look, but you were gone in a flash. The S looked liked Dave's and the person driving was wearing a cap. This was around 1:30 PM on Saturday.

I was headed down from lunch at Saratoga with my wife and stopped off to buy beer at the Olde Saratoga Brewery.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gone in a flash sounds like Dave
Old 05-24-2009, 10:32 AM

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

I got to follow an AP2 NFR down South Ellicott Creek Road earlier today. They were turning left onto Sweet Home, and I pulled up next to them and yelled "Nice car!

We all had a good laugh
Old 05-26-2009, 05:21 AM

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

Monday about 7:00pm traveling south on I87 (northway) by exit14 a black S2000 passed me with top up. Around exit 12 saw a silver S traveling north wiht top down.

Quick Reply: Upstate NY Sightings