New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate NY Sightings

Old 04-26-2011, 07:07 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by raculot
I parked my yellow AP2 next to a red AP1 today at the Price Chopper on Hoosick St in Troy. It was gone when I came back outside a few minutes later, but it was super clean and looked great. Props to whoever owns it!
raculot - are you the Spa owner that I met in the East Greenbush area near your place of work? I parked my Laguna Blue next to your car and you walked out to say hello.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're driving and it's not snowing then your top should be down. The riding experience is night and day with these cars. But to park and leave the top down? No thanks. Very rarely will I ever do so unless I can clearly see my ride from inside the establishment I'm at. Not only do peole look inside but some people are haters; they may throw garbage inside or other projectiles.

As far as theft goes; out of sight, out of mind. Your black leather seats get hot as hell. I have to hide my visor blue tooth and garage door opener and people generally think that you fancy yourself a "cool guy" and may cause some sort of harm due to jealousy. Not really worth the trouble when you consider our tops go back down in a matter of seconds.
Old 04-27-2011, 12:29 AM

I now have until the end of June to finally switch over to the hideous yellow/dark blue NYS plates from Florida. Do I have any other options at all? Maybe a sports team version or can I get the old blue color plates at least for a few dollars extra? I'm about to install my front plate holder (uugggghhh) and until I have to get the NYS tag I think my chrome/red/black KC Chiefs plate will fit nicely in there for now.

If you see a shiny Chiefs plate in front and FL in back, that's surely me.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:08 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

You can go here to check out the custom NY plates. I think the sports team versions are limited to NY State teams.
http://www.nydmv.sta....us/cplates.htm

Levi
Old 04-27-2011, 09:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aashish2
Originally Posted by raculot' timestamp='1303873422' post='20511251
I parked my yellow AP2 next to a red AP1 today at the Price Chopper on Hoosick St in Troy. It was gone when I came back outside a few minutes later, but it was super clean and looked great. Props to whoever owns it!
raculot - are you the Spa owner that I met in the East Greenbush area near your place of work? I parked my Laguna Blue next to your car and you walked out to say hello.
No, I'm not. I'm a Rio AP2, and haven't run into you. I'm a student at RPI in Troy.

I'll keep an eye out for your Laguna in the future though!
Old 04-27-2011, 09:48 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

^ ugh! my reading comprehension skills suck.

Be sure to come along to an event this season. We have a drive scheduled for 5/7.

EDIT: Be sure to keep your eye peeled for a Spa AP1 with a plastic rear window. Said he lives in Troy. This was the guy I met in East Greenbush.
Old 04-27-2011, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aashish2
^ ugh! my reading comprehension skills suck.

Be sure to come along to an event this season. We have a drive scheduled for 5/7.

EDIT: Be sure to keep your eye peeled for a Spa AP1 with a plastic rear window. Said he lives in Troy. This was the guy I met in East Greenbush.
I wish I could make it on 5/7, I'm going to be manning a booth *all day* at the RPI GameFest on the 6th and 7th, showing off a computer game I've been working on. These next few weeks are going to be tough, since the semester is wrapping up and I have a million assignments and obligations to worry about. I'll try to make it to a drive when I can, though!
Old 04-30-2011, 01:04 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Spotted an NFR AP1 on McCarty Ave. Also saw an AP2 Berlina parked in the OGS lot on McCarty Ave.
Old 04-30-2011, 03:26 PM

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Yellow AP1 parked at Phil's Automotive off Hoosick in Troy.
Old 05-01-2011, 03:38 PM

Met ROBB from Vermont at the Vermont Cheese House on Historic Route 7 in Vermont today. My wife and I were inside when he pulled in and parked next to me in his Beautiful S2000 2003 Spotless Red. Says he spends most if his time in the Vintage forum because there are not many S's in Vt. Told him about our meet next week and that he should come.

Quick Reply: Upstate NY Sightings