New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate MOTORCYCLE CHAT thread

Old 05-12-2011, 04:10 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Here is a pic I found of the controller I'm using:

A little more elegant than this:

Old 05-12-2011, 04:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Edit 5/12: I am declaring victory! Grip did not slip on the way to work this morning, even with the heat on high!!
Outstanding, good for you, now let's hope it lasts...

And I have to say, I too feel a great sense of victory. I'll admit, it took me over 30-minutes to get it done, but I know now, having done it once, the next time will be much, much easier. I had the Nighthawk for nearly 20-years, I long ago figured out how to do certain things and had done them often enough it was just plain easy and quick. Well, I have no problem stepping up and admitting it; changing the headlight bulb on the VFR was a total FPITA!!!

I hate jobs where I can't see everything and the only way to figure out what is needed it to blindly try things. I hate this because there is a very fine line sometimes between loosening sometype of plastic clip or breaking said plastic clip. All the reading in the service manual and all the on-line tips were just not enough, I just had to get in there with a few fingers and start trying things.

So for the 1st time since I have had the bike I can start flipping people off with the high beams. I had not done this in the past because the bike just looks so sad when you go from 2 low beams to just one high beam.

I guess the only other thing I need to do to wrap this issue up, is to find the other damnn new bulb I bought, I want to just pack that in the tank bag and let it live there. If I ever needed to, I can no do this change along side the road.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:17 AM

Can't wait to see it tonight!
5:30-5:45 is still good for me
Old 05-12-2011, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by Conedodger' timestamp='1305202237' post='20567208
Can't wait to see it tonight!
5:30-5:45 is still good for me
Works for me.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:21 AM

Mark- last night while testing the S beeper wiring fix I ran down to Avon going south on West River Rd, then east on 5&20, then started north on East River Road. Right in the 30-35 mph speed zone in the east side of the road is a little aluminum trailer sitting out in the front yard, with a for sale sign on it. I did not stop to look at it, but when I slowed down and went past it, I would swear it is an Aluma trailer exactly like ours. I know you and I don't need one, now, but I thought you should know, ya just never know who is looking for a great bike trailer, and I'm sure with it being used it will go for a nice price.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:24 AM

Mark- last night while testing the S beeper wiring fix I ran down to Avon going south on West River Rd, then east on 5&20, then started north on East River Road. Right in the 30-35 mph speed zone in the east side of the road is a little aluminum trailer sitting out in the front yard, with a for sale sign on it. I did not stop to look at it, but when I slowed down and went past it, I would swear it is an Aluma trailer exactly like ours. I know you and I don't need one, now, but I thought you should know, ya just never know who is looking for a great bike trailer, and I'm sure with it being used it will go for a nice price.
I think Marc could use one.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H' timestamp='1305202894' post='20567244
I think Marc could use one.

No Chit

Crazy have we found a deal for you!!!
Old 05-12-2011, 04:40 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm sure the trailer would be great, but I have absolutely NO PLACE I could put it.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:41 AM

Actually, I just realized I have a friend looking for a trailer. If you happen to go by it again, grab the phone number for me.
Old 05-12-2011, 06:20 AM

Actually, I just realized I have a friend looking for a trailer. If you happen to go by it again, grab the phone number for me.
Just tell your friend to go drive by, and do it quick, I bet it won't last!!!
East River Road
East side of the road
Front lawn next to house
withing 0.5 mile of the intersection of E. River Rd and %&20

Quick Reply: Upstate MOTORCYCLE CHAT thread