New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

UPSTATE- events schedule

Old 03-24-2003, 04:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is what we have planned for the year. As many have expressed a desire for more get togethers, I think you will be pleased with what we are planning. All the dates are set, although a few still have options as far as do we do it on a Saturday or a Sunday, for those we will have to vote and see.

Some of the activities are going to be one-day runs and we have a couple big 2-day activities planned. Those will require most of us to spend a Saturday night at a hotel. As we work out the details of the actual route a central hotel will be elected and it will be our base camp.

JULY 26 & 27 - 2 day run, South to the Border - NY/PA Run

AUGUST 2 or 3 - 1 day run, details to come

AUGUST 30 & 31 - 2 day run, Norwich Museum & S Register Run

SEPTEMBER 13 - 1 day run, details to come

OCTOBER 4 - 1 day run, details to come

In addition to all of these we are proposing a weekly event. The plan is who can make it can, those who can't; well maybe the following week they can. I have to get in touch with Dave so he can help me work out the details for the first one, but after that, those who are going will be the ones to make the specific plan as to where and when to meet.

WACKY WEEKLY WEDNESDAY - evening get together at The Log Cabin
The Log Cabin is a restaurant in Macedon. They have a car show every Wednesday night in the summer. The turnout is very big, on the average 450 to 700 some cars. It is not a specific type of car that gets featured, you get everything from classics to old muscle cars to tricked out Civics. Who knows, we might make a plan for a specific Wednesday and enter all our S2000s...

Ok, so let the games begin....
Thanks to Skip, James, Eric and John - this year is going to be great!
Old 03-24-2003, 05:49 AM

AUGUST 30 & 31 - 2 day run, Norwich Museum & S Register Run
As a side note this is the Labor Day Weekend, and I can see this could turn into a 3 day activity, or some of us may use that Monday as a day to drive back home so we can enjoy the entire day on Sunday....

Here is some additional info

http://www.hondasportsregistry.com/

http://www.formulah.com/
Old 03-24-2003, 09:32 AM

Who's the midget on the left of that picture?

Oh, hi, Skip!!
Old 03-25-2003, 05:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...and that's one of the nicest things Jeff has ever said about me.
Old 03-26-2003, 03:59 AM

WACKY WEEKLY WEDNESDAY
Dave and I PM'ed each other yesterday. Dave said he would look into the Log Cabin and find out when they will be getting started this year. I'm confirmed for the first one of the season, as long as it is not a 3rd Wednesday of the month, because I have monthly meetings on those Wednesdays...
Old 03-26-2003, 08:07 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally posted by Triple-H
....Some of the activities are going to be one-day runs and we have a couple big 2-day activities planned. Those will require most of us to spend a Saturday night at a hotel. As we work out the details of the actual route a central hotel will be elected and it will be our base camp.

JULY 26 & 27 - 2 day run, South to the Border - NY/PA Run

This sounds awesome... I've got it penciled into the calendar and can't wait for details

Should I try to wrestle up some other visitors from the Del Valley group... or is this another of those closed circuit events that Doug likes.... <keep out the riff-raff>

Btw, we had a great drive last Saturday thru the backroads of PA's trendy Chester County, home of the painter Andrew Wyeth***.... in fact we went past his house

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...threadid=112078

***Note to Doug: No, not a house painter
Old 03-28-2003, 05:18 AM

Formula H is located very close to PA, NJ, (August 30&31) maybe some of the members in those groups would like to join in too. I plan on being there I live in the same town as Formula H. If you need any help from me let me know.

Vicki
Old 03-29-2003, 08:34 AM

Originally posted by paS2K
Should I try to wrestle up some other visitors from the Del Valley group... or is this another of those closed circuit events that Doug likes.... <keep out the riff-raff>
Old 03-29-2003, 08:40 AM

Originally posted by vmoul
Formula H is located very close to PA, NJ, (August 30&31) maybe some of the members in those groups would like to join in too. I plan on being there I live in the same town as Formula H. If you need any help from me let me know. Vicki
Vicki, thanks again for the offer to help. I'm sure at some point we will be taking you up on that offer!

My feeling is anybody who wants to join in can.

I do however live in fear that an event will grow too big and we will not be able to handle all of their needs, but I guess that is just the part of me that takes great pride in working out all the details so attendees have fun.
Old 03-29-2003, 09:31 AM

May 24th won't work for me, we don't return from our carribean cruise until late on the 24th. The 25th would work out better.

Jeff

2002 #2234 RED Rush
2003 G35 Garnet Fire
1997 Ranger Oxford White

Quick Reply: UPSTATE- events schedule