New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXII - Droids & iBerry's

Old 08-12-2011, 08:37 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

"To respond to an earlier post, I don't think I can do the MOHUD SCCA event at Lime Rock in the S because of the roll bar issue; and I don't think they will want me in the MGA when my max speed is about 87 mph. But I do plan to do the CART Lime Rock event in Sept. - have to check the date though."

Are S2000's prohibited from running at Lime Rock due to it being a convertible with no roll bar?
Even on track practice days?
Lived in Millerton my whole life and never considered running there myself until owning this car. lol
Thanks,
Bob
Old 08-12-2011, 08:41 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
I'm lurking. To respond to an earlier post, I don't think I can do the MOHUD SCCA event at Lime Rock in the S because of the roll bar issue; and I don't think they will want me in the MGA when my max speed is about 87 mph. But I do plan to do the CART Lime Rock event in Sept. - have to check the date though.
Jeff, sorry that Pocono got cancelled, but on the positive side you are going to Buenos Aires

I can check with MOHUD if you wanted. As it is a PDX, I have a feeling it will be more or less like CART. MOHUD only does one such event most years. Also with their late date, I doubt there will be as many people attending. Let me know

Originally Posted by NNY S2k
Aa..did you get your lawn mowed last nite? I did my NIL's yesterday am while it was still cool.
Levi
Got it done Levi. Did not do all of the hill, but most of it. In hindsight I should probably have done the whole thing while the temps were cool
Old 08-12-2011, 08:43 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by aashish2
It looks like I may have to do this.

https://www.s2ki.com/...y-clutch-pedal/

Clutch is fine when I start the car, but an hour into the drive or so the pedal gets squeaky and rough. Anyone have experience with this DIY and have any suggestions for me. Thinking I'll do this before Knapp.

for the next page. Im sure Cone Mark will have something to add
Old 08-12-2011, 08:46 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by fullbackS2
Are S2000's prohibited from running at Lime Rock due to it being a convertible with no roll bar?
Even on track practice days?
Lived in Millerton my whole life and never considered running there myself until owning this car. lol
Thanks,
Bob

It depends on the group you run with. Certain groups will allow the S2000 provided you have a hardtop. BMW CCA does not allow the S2000 unless it has both a roll bar and hardtop. There could be some groups that will allow you to run if you pass the broomstick test. The problem with the S2000 with no hardtop is that instructors are usually unwilling to ride in a convertible unless they have all the added protection.

You could check around with some of the groups that run there and ask to make sure
Old 08-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Member (Premium)

It depends on the group you run with. Certain groups will allow the S2000 provided you have a hardtop. BMW CCA does not allow the S2000 unless it has both a roll bar and hardtop. There could be some groups that will allow you to run if you pass the broomstick test. The problem with the S2000 with no hardtop is that instructors are usually unwilling to ride in a convertible unless they have all the added protection.

You could check around with some of the groups that run there and ask to make sure
[/quote]

Thanks Aashish!
My car interests have always been more oriented to drag racing in the past so this is all new to me!
Bob
Old 08-12-2011, 09:32 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

You are very welcome

Millerton is the coolest town I've ever visited. Often blueosprey90 and I stop there for a beer as and when I go to LRP to see him race his MG A.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:38 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2' timestamp='1313163439' post='20871902
It looks like I may have to do this.

https://www.s2ki.com/...y-clutch-pedal/

Clutch is fine when I start the car, but an hour into the drive or so the pedal gets squeaky and rough. Anyone have experience with this DIY and have any suggestions for me. Thinking I'll do this before Knapp.

for the next page. Im sure Cone Mark will have something to add
The only thing I can add is...

AP1 > AP2

I've never had this problem with mine.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Member (Premium)

You are very welcome

Millerton is the coolest town I've ever visited. Often blueosprey90 and I stop there for a beer as and when I go to LRP to see him race his MG A.
Have you ever traveled up the full length of Rudd Pond RD to where it returns out onto RT 22?
It's a nice alternative scenic drive if you happen to not be in a hurry.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This thread and forum is in danger of turning into a monologue, where I speak only for the purpose of keeping myself entertained

Where is everyone? Its not yet Friday afternoon. Surely not all are day dreaming about their plans for tomorrow

OK, I'm lurking also. I've had my S for just about two months now. To paraphrase Charlton Heston, "they can take it when they can pry it from my cold dead hands".

There are a few things I notice on here that I question:
1. Every thing says that if caught in the rain with the top down, drive faster!
I find at 6'2' the rain justs hits your forehead harder.

2. It looks like the weight loss thread stopped about the time picnics started. At 260 I could use that forum

3. My 2002 S has less than 18,000 miles on it. How do you explain to your better half that you want a new exhaust? "Because its made from titanium" doesn't work as a reason at my house.

Well I better stop wasting IT's precious bandwith and get back to work. I will try to chime in more in the future. I usually listen more than talk.

Harry
Old 08-12-2011, 09:48 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Conedodger
The only thing I can add is...

AP1 > AP2

I've never had this problem with mine.
Wise guys

This is an issue that can happen to any car. But maybe not if the only shifting you are doing is from 1st to 2nd

Originally Posted by fullbackS2
Have you ever traveled up the full length of Rudd Pond RD to where it returns out onto RT 22?
It's a nice alternative scenic drive if you happen to not be in a hurry.
Don't think I have, although that road sounds familiar. We usually stop over at the Salsa Fresca on Rte. 22 for a beer

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXII - Droids & iBerry's