New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXII - Droids & iBerry's

Old 08-11-2011, 08:34 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Cone Mark

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/889...ould-i-expect/

^ the guy could use your advice.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:15 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Ellen. I know what you are saying about 3D television. Was at Target a few nights ago and tried it. It is indeed cool. I can now understand why you want to watch Avatar in 3D again

Old 08-11-2011, 09:20 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

BLEW UP MY ENGINE
Not to worry guys. I was researching what the B1 maintenance code involved and came across this thread. Poor kid, I feel bad for him.

it was 2 days ago. i was on the way to my friend house in the neighborhood. and it was a straight road so i was like ehh why not lets practice. so i went wot.
1st to 2nd good than 2nd to 3rd good. than all of a sudden when i pulled in 4th i grind my gears. and i wasnt even shifting super fast and the clutch was all the way down. and than i quickly put it back into neutral i looked at my mirror i was saw smoke coming from exhaust than i tried to put it in gears to go but it just engine break and i saw smoke coming from my hood. than i quickly panic and parked the car in a neighborhood up close. i tried starting the car but it wouldnt start. and i saw coolant and other liquid like oil i was so sad... i called my friend and they came to check it out for me. the told me my head was good but i blew my starter and most likely my block. so than i called the toll. to toll to the local trusted auto place. and they said i blew. my bottom block. and starter. sigh. so they ask me what was the millege on it so they tried to help me because they were somewhat like family. so they called honda. to see if they can fix. and they said they would if nobody modded the car.

i was running map stock tunned. i was shifting at 8600. i don't understand how i blew it and why the rev limiter didnt kick in. sigh im so so stupid.i thought honda was able to rev up super high. but i guess im wrong. and stupid.

honda told me i was reving it to 9k plus. i didnt mean too. this was one of the big time learning lesson in my life. i been so sad the past 2 days. and im praying it will get fix. but i know honda is not going to fix. i have to drop it out of my pocket. idk what to do guys. how much would you think it would to fix the block and starter. the local shop said 4k to replace the whole engine. but i don't think i need to replace everything i pray. waiting on monday to call them again.

i learned my lesson big time. i am never going to rev up to 8k or ever race. i learned my lesson to take care of my car and to baby it. i just pray honda won't charge me like 10k just to fix it. 8th civic fam will you pray for me.
please dont flame on me or lecture me or make fun of me. i had enough. i know money don't come easy. and yet i blew up my engine.

i also bought this from a toyota dealer... but they even yet to give me my title yet. should i bring it to them? or just a waste of tolling money. my friend said try another honda but they just gonna to look at me ecu and bam.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:21 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Amusing tale on my return back from lunch.

I come out of the traffic circle to find my old nemesis again: the geese. This time about 50 of them are blocking the road, one waddling after another. So I inch the truck up more and more to force through their ranks.

One goose thinks that it really needs to get in front of my truck and continue the line. I see this one trying to waddle around the front of the truck.

Nuh-uh.

Clutch in, revs up to about 6000 rpm. Goose changes its mind and immediately turns around
Old 08-11-2011, 09:23 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
Amusing tale on my return back from lunch.

I come out of the traffic circle to find my old nemesis again: the geese. This time about 50 of them are blocking the road, one waddling after another. So I inch the truck up more and more to force through their ranks.

One goose thinks that it really needs to get in front of my truck and continue the line. I see this one trying to waddle around the front of the truck.

Nuh-uh.

Clutch in, revs up to about 6000 rpm. Goose changes its mind and immediately turns around

Someday they'll figure out where you live and pay you a visit
Old 08-11-2011, 09:24 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

2012 Toyota Camry. What do you guys think? Looks an improvement but does not do a thing to me

Old 08-11-2011, 09:33 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2
BLEW UP MY ENGINE
Not to worry guys. I was researching what the B1 maintenance code involved and came across this thread. Poor kid, I feel bad for him.

it was 2 days ago. i was on the way to my friend house in the neighborhood. and it was a straight road so i was like ehh why not lets practice. so i went wot.
1st to 2nd good than 2nd to 3rd good. than all of a sudden when i pulled in 4th i grind my gears. and i wasnt even shifting super fast and the clutch was all the way down. and than i quickly put it back into neutral i looked at my mirror i was saw smoke coming from exhaust than i tried to put it in gears to go but it just engine break and i saw smoke coming from my hood. than i quickly panic and parked the car in a neighborhood up close. i tried starting the car but it wouldnt start. and i saw coolant and other liquid like oil i was so sad... i called my friend and they came to check it out for me. the told me my head was good but i blew my starter and most likely my block. so than i called the toll. to toll to the local trusted auto place. and they said i blew. my bottom block. and starter. sigh. so they ask me what was the millege on it so they tried to help me because they were somewhat like family. so they called honda. to see if they can fix. and they said they would if nobody modded the car.

i was running map stock tunned. i was shifting at 8600. i don't understand how i blew it and why the rev limiter didnt kick in. sigh im so so stupid.i thought honda was able to rev up super high. but i guess im wrong. and stupid.

honda told me i was reving it to 9k plus. i didnt mean too. this was one of the big time learning lesson in my life. i been so sad the past 2 days. and im praying it will get fix. but i know honda is not going to fix. i have to drop it out of my pocket. idk what to do guys. how much would you think it would to fix the block and starter. the local shop said 4k to replace the whole engine. but i don't think i need to replace everything i pray. waiting on monday to call them again.

i learned my lesson big time. i am never going to rev up to 8k or ever race. i learned my lesson to take care of my car and to baby it. i just pray honda won't charge me like 10k just to fix it. 8th civic fam will you pray for me.
please dont flame on me or lecture me or make fun of me. i had enough. i know money don't come easy. and yet i blew up my engine.

i also bought this from a toyota dealer... but they even yet to give me my title yet. should i bring it to them? or just a waste of tolling money. my friend said try another honda but they just gonna to look at me ecu and bam.
Fishy story. Written by a third grader? Toll?? Ha! Must have stuffed it in 2nd instead of 4th.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aashish2
Ellen. I know what you are saying about 3D television. Was at Target a few nights ago and tried it. It is indeed cool. I can now understand why you want to watch Avatar in 3D again
If I had the money... I'd have one Although if I had $3,000 grand to "blow" on something I don't need it would probably be wheels and top

I was looking at my 2009 (Berlina year) Knapp photo yesterday and was drooling over those wheels
Old 08-11-2011, 09:44 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Conedodger
Fishy story. Written by a third grader? Toll?? Ha! Must have stuffed it in 2nd instead of 4th.

I read through 2 pages and thats what a couple of the mods on there said as well. After the second page it was unbearable. Felt bad for the kid though. I've come to accept that proper spelling and grammar will be history soon. Even saw a post on S2KI where the OP said mis-spelling was no big deal as most people cant spell in any case.

Reminds me of the time when I forwarded two resumes to a manager at my last job out of a group of people I had interviewed indicating that he must talk to both. His response "Which one would you rate hire?"
Old 08-11-2011, 09:47 AM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy_Schizo
Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy' timestamp='1313010451' post='20866074
Maaan, some of the $$$$$$$$$$$$ people were spending. Must be nice to have that kinda cash.
Says the guy with the supercharger
Just a drop in the bucket compared to what a GT-R costs, much less a Hennessey GT-R!

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXII - Droids & iBerry's