New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXII - Droids & iBerry's

Old 08-02-2011, 03:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So now next up on Rex's to do list is an official appraisal, then share that with the insurance company...
If my premium goes up a bit I'm ok with that because I think it's about time I drop the million dollar coverage I have carried for years.
I got the mil coverage because of driving schools and the fact that I took students for rides on the track.
I just wonder what the premium drop will be when I dial it back to just a quarter mil liability coverage...
And I can't wait for 2015 when Rex will be 25 and I can insure it with Hagarty, because for whatever reason, one in which I don't grasp, Hagarty antique car insurance is totally dirt cheap, I know because the premium on the MGA is only $100 per year, and although that's only comprehensive the MGA has an appraisal of $30k, and no way will Rex get assigned that kind of value...
Old 08-02-2011, 06:36 PM

Quiet night here
The Dark Leader says hi to all
He has a 2002 Berlina with less than 25k kilometers, and he has not even driven it once this year
Spa Leader rules
What's 65k miles in kilometers?
Old 08-02-2011, 06:40 PM

My 2002 has 104k kilometers as a comparison............
Old 08-02-2011, 07:04 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

you are just working your way to the aren't you

Im up editing video. Going to sleep now
Old 08-03-2011, 03:45 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

Ugh, spent 4 hours last night prepping my laptop - getting all my old files off of it and getting a clean install going. I pulled out the reinstall discs that came witht he laptop - never used once. Apparently the laptop is complaining that they are unreadable. Sure enough - the discs were scratched. I have no idea how discs that I've never used before could be scratched. After hours of dicking around with that, I gave up and decided to watch the latest movie that Netflix delivered. Got about halfway through when (you guessed it), I couldn't watch anymore because it was too scratched.

I think I'm declaring jihad on optical media.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:09 AM

Aaahahahehe, you not having much luck with CD/DVD's...

They should just do software/system stuff on flash drives, they are just soooooo cheap nowdays
Old 08-03-2011, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Triple-H
So now next up on Rex's to do list is an official appraisal, then share that with the insurance company...
Ahha, I found it
I knew I had found a good appraisor in the past, and I had indeed saved his email
He is I-VAN Cerified

Dick Barrett I Van Certified Vehicle Appraiser
Rochester, NY 14602
585-943-1655
rbarret3@rochester.rr.com

The International Vehicle Appraisers Network (I-VAN) is a nationwide association of automotive hobbyists who are also Automobile Appraisers. As I-VAN Appraisers we pool our collective automotive knowledge and experience to make sure you get the very best professional appraisal service. Our best is the least we can do. We appraise all kinds of antique, classic, and modified vehicles including: cars, trucks, & motorcycles. We have even appraised an antique houseboat, an antique dog sled complete with snow shoes, tractors and farm equipment, hand-drawn fire equipment and fire engines, a crane, the stainless steel cars made by Ford with Allegheny Ludlum, etc. We also appraise all sorts of automotive related collectibles (automobilia) and have done extensive work with museums and donations.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:08 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Snake

[media]http://www.youtube.com/embed/o0uyHgz6-NI[/media]
Old 08-03-2011, 05:13 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Lexus planning LF-A Roadster

Old 08-03-2011, 05:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As if I did not have enough going on lately

Monday night about 5:30 when I was waiting for Tom to get home to start dinner, I got a phone call from Brian Baker... first words out of his mouth were "I don't want to alarm you but"... You know it's never going to be a good conversation after that

Tom was involved in an accident, rear ended by a young driver in a CR-Z of all things. Brian passed the accident on his way home and stopped, then recognized it was Tom. They took him in an ambulance because he was in such a daze.

After 3+ hours at the emergency room they pronounced nothing broken and no serious danger - phew!

Now we are dealing with not having Tom's car again for at least a week. The rear ending driver's insurance company (Allstate) promised all kinds of things yesterday, including a rental car however the rental agency wants OUR credit card information to charge a $250 deposit.

That is a NO. Not our fault why should we have to pay anything out of pocket? If we do damage the car that is STILL Allstate's problem because we would not have the car except for their driver hitting Tom. He said Allstate won't budge on this "company policy".

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXII - Droids & iBerry's