New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Upstate Chat Thread XXII - Droids & iBerry's

Old 09-19-2011, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NH_s2k_Guy
I guess that's why I love my S. It was built to be a CAR, the money put into making the CAR perform
on the road, which is what cars were invented for in the first place. Not dumping tons of money into
making sure it can play music, videos, twitter, facebook, myspace, craigslist, julienne fries, wash
the soccer moms clothes and play a guitar!
My experience is that any thing that tries to do multiple things doesn't do any one thing well. The S
does 1 thing well, it performs on the road!
Yes, but that's apples to oranges
The S is a sportscar, twice the cost of this vehicle
This vehicle is for the mass market, the S was anything but that
You do not drive your S as a daily driver, and I for one, love this kind of technology in my daily driver
Old 09-19-2011, 11:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conedodger
That is what I love about the S. No fancy thrills other than the radio and AC. When I close the radio door, I'm in a cockpit meant for business!
Yes, I agree, but...
I can no longer fathom a daily driver without bluetooth for my phone
The last thing I would want in the S is bluetooth, hell, I can hear the phone ringing in the S's center console just fine, and I have every intention of letting that person go to voice mail
But the daily driver, if I'm on the road to Syracuse to do a press check, I don't want some dorkie/uncomfortable blootooth headset shoved in my ear for an hour
Old 09-19-2011, 11:49 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by Conedodger' timestamp='1316458352' post='20986674
That is what I love about the S. No fancy thrills other than the radio and AC. When I close the radio door, I'm in a cockpit meant for business!
Yes, I agree, but...
I can no longer fathom a daily driver without bluetooth for my phone
The last thing I would want in the S is bluetooth, hell, I can hear the phone ringing in the S's center console just fine, and I have every intention of letting that person go to voice mail
But the daily driver, if I'm on the road to Syracuse to do a press check, I don't want some dorkie/uncomfortable blootooth headset shoved in my ear for an hour
I'm fortunate that I don't need to be that connected. We used the cell phone once on our trip, to reserve a motel room. When we got home, there was one message on our answering machine. That is two calls in two weeks.

I could easily drop off the grid anytime I need.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:11 PM

Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm with you Mark.

When I'm in the S or on my motorcycle, I want to drive/ride! Not gab on the phone or do the other
myriad of things they put in the cars these days. I wouldn't be surprised that with all this
electronic gadgetry in the new cars combined with people that aren't paying attention will lead
to increased accidents as they put more and more of this stuff in cars.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:13 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Mid-Ohio School...never knew TSX's could sound so mean

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBGxr...el_video_title
Old 09-19-2011, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Triple-H
Originally Posted by Foulone' timestamp='1316314504' post='20983018
was out in oregon 20 years ago visiting my sister and her husband (the one who gifted me the s2000). while driving to a golf course near mt.hood, i noticed some crops that looked a lot like some thing i was rather familiar with in my younger days. turns out to be hops, much to my surprise.
Very cool.
I know of one real commercial farmer in the area, he is on Seneca Lake, Hanson Point
I have chatted with him several times about growing
His setup is just awesome, right down to every single plant has an irrigation drip

Oh, and I'm not sure what specifically your reference means - looked a lot like some thing i was rather familiar with in my younger days - but I will say this, I'm always expecting to come home, only to find a drug enforcement helicopter hovering over my house.
BTW- they are in the same genus - The genus Cannabis was formerly placed in the Nettle (Urticaceae) or Mulberry (Moraceae) family, but is now considered along with hops (Humulus sp.) to belong to the Hemp family (Cannabaceae).
that would explain my confusion
Old 09-19-2011, 12:22 PM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

someone hit JJ's car. Damage is minor two deep scratches on the bumper, but it still hurts that they would not acknowledge it or leave a note. Or perhaps they were driving something so huge, that they did not feel the impact.

Such is life I guess.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:34 PM

Received 213 Likes on 184 Posts

Driving the S for the next few days.

The Escape sprung a leak some time ago that got worse, so I finally noticed. I hope to limp up to the dealer tomorrow night to drop it off. I could fix it myself, but I want them to check all the hoses, belts, brakes etc.

The Escape has 139,000 miles and it has to be ready to tow the race car to VIR next month.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by blueosprey90
Driving the S for the next few days.

The Escape sprung a leak some time ago that got worse, so I finally noticed. I hope to limp up to the dealer tomorrow night to drop it off. I could fix it myself, but I want them to check all the hoses, belts, brakes etc.

The Escape has 139,000 miles and it has to be ready to tow the race car to VIR next month.
I feel your pain. The VFR is mad at me for leaving it in the garage for two weeks while I went out west with the S. Now it refuses to start. Electrical problem. Nothing lights up.

Edit: Looks like the battery went dead. Charging now. Signs of life.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:39 PM

Anyone going to the Hydroplane Racing in Geneva this weekend? I might go on Saturday.

Quick Reply: Upstate Chat Thread XXII - Droids & iBerry's